[VX (ACE) RESOURCE REQUEST] BOATS AND BOATS AND SHIPS AND BOATS

Pages: 1
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I need a boat tileset. Not an airship this time, just regular ship.

Does anyone know of a good ship/boat Tileset B-E for RPG Maker VX (Ace)? I'm using the High Fantasy Resource Pack so I'm aware that I'm probably not going to get anything in the right matching style but I can live with that.

Alternatively if such a Tileset does not exist, does anyone talented think they can build me one from this insanely absurdly ricockulously huge longship sprite?

I'd be ever so grateful (and credit obviously) and if anything comes of this I'd be more than happy to share the resulting tileset for the community's use.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
You could always try blowing up the side view of the ship, and make a tileset from that!
Could keep the consistency factor.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=InfectionFiles
You could always try blowing up the side view of the ship, and make a tileset from that!

Are you serious? Would that even work? You couldn't place down the individual tiles for that, could you? Or was that a joke I missed?
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!
author=CashmereCat
author=InfectionFiles
Are you serious? Would that even work? You couldn't place down the individual tiles for that, could you? Or was that a joke I missed?

You could do that, but it would look terrible. DS+ has a ship, but that obviously won't fit the style of your game. But you could always try starting with that and modify the colors later.
Max McGee
I am pretty shit at graphics editing, guys, sorry. I was hoping someone could use the giant boat sprite I included as the basis for making a tileset...I do think it's possible but I don't think I am personally capable of doing that. I have never made a tileset before.

Using the boat as an element for parallax mapping would be easier, but the thing is I kind of want to use tiles so that I can put them on top of a moving water parallax, it being a boat.

If anybody's got the boat tileset from DS+ handy post it up here I'll take a look at it. Messing with colors and brightness and desaturating stuff is something I can do myself, even if not well.
Max McGee
So I got the boat tileset from DS+. It is neat, but it is pretty RTP-y and is probably gonna have some clash in a game that's almost all High Fantasy Resource Pack stuff.

So uh, yeah...anyone feel like turning this into a tileset for me?

If nobody swoops in in the next hour or so (full disclosure: I honestly don't know how hard what I"m asking for is, one way or another), I'm just gonna try and move forward with the DS+ ship and hope that underneath the weather/lighting effects and screen tone and whatever color manipulation I can do, the style clash won't be that obvious.
If I knew how to do in Gimp what I can do in iDraw, it would be a simple matter. You can set a grid for the select tool that is the size of one tile. Hold ctrl and highlight/move to cut it into tiles. Then arrange them. It's time consuming, but easy if you can do that trick.

I don't quite understand why you would turn it into a tileset. Charset maybe. But just make it a picture or paralax bg.
Max McGee
So just to clarify I want it as a tileset so that characters can walk on top of it and that it can in turn be on top of a moving-water parallax. The only way I can think of accomplishing that z-level scheme

Characters
Boat
Water

is by making the boat into a tileset.

EDIT: Hmm...nevermind. This should work..
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Make it into a charset, and put it on a tile north of the characters - this will cause it to go behind the characters on the z-axis. Then change the characters' charsets to have, say, eight tiles worth of empty space at the bottom of each pose, so they appear on the deck of the ship despite the fact that the base of the ship is to the north of them. Then use the screen pan to move the camera north eight tiles, this will make it so the camera is still centerd on the characters.

I think this should work as long as you don't need the ship to be moving in the same scene as the player can board it.
Pages: 1