I DRAWS THE ARTS

Pages: first 12 next last
I never knew a section like this existed. Well, I am slow... :P

Hello, my name is Strawberrii, and drawing is fun!

Some random doodles~

Sketch of two friends eager to slay a monster together.

An irritated, adolescent boy:

The main character of my WIP fantasy novel. I couldn't draw her male companion...

The same girl, but it's terrible...

One of the characters for Ghost Shards, Koralyn:

Aelina, from Ghost Shards:

The older form of the guy from the first sketch:

Obvious description:

From an art-trade on Instagram:

A sketch of siblings, or a couple. Not sure yet. o.o

Drawings of old men from Google Images:

Coloring is my weakness...

Pixel art is fun!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'm just happy to see that you're still around. When I noticed that the gamepage for Ghost Shards was down, well, I kinda assumed you up and left!
It's actually hidden!

There's something happening, and I don't want to just leave it up until I have something show-worthy. Teehee.

Those Ghost Shards pictures, have been drawn quite recently actually... >>
Were you in RRR too? I definitely recognize this style, which is fantastic btw :D Lovely pics, I've never been able to make comprehensive pencil pics for the life of me so I admire the hell out of a beautiful pencil doodle!
author=Homunculus
Were you in RRR too? I definitely recognize this style, which is fantastic btw :D Lovely pics, I've never been able to make comprehensive pencil pics for the life of me so I admire the hell out of a beautiful pencil doodle!

I was! I remember you commenting on my stuff. XD

Thanks for the lovely comments. I don't think it's that beautiful. >>
Ahhhh this is so awesome XD You should think it is that beautiful, your stuff has definitely evolved and improved since I last saw it, and your stuff was already wonderful so this just makes me so happy to see!
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Glad you're here! Stuff looks good. I wouldn't say colour is your weak suit at all. Looks fine by me. I am the one with colour blindness.
Thanks.. XD

Just trying different face types. These are all original characters, by the way. From top-left: Derrin Ryker, Cael Thorne, Radek Saith, Elani Sorrell, Maerwyn Jayde, and Nedine Travert.
Lato
Infantry for life!
I like all the happy looking ones, but I see so many frowns to. And I think the coloring is great, the black outline could be smoothed out a bit in places but it looks good.
We can't always be smiling, can we...?
Anyway, I think you have a *lot* of potential! I really like your faces and your drawings are really expressive! They have a distinctive, fairytale-ish you in them. I think, though, that your next major improvement should be anatomy and inking! you are capable of drawing individual features quite well but they often become somewhat disjointed due to the lack of a solid sketch before the drawing. Nothing that can be improved with some forceful sketching. I remember one time when I forced myself to actually mount a skeleton for each character I'd draw for something like 2 months, my anatomy got MUCH better in the meanwhile.

it stagnated though because i stopped drawing full-body people and started only drawing faces -sigh- at least now I can draw decent-looking noses and a somewhat realistic face
author=JosephSeraph
We can't always be smiling, can we...?
Anyway, I think you have a *lot* of potential! I really like your faces and your drawings are really expressive! They have a distinctive, fairytale-ish you in them.

This is the best compliment I've ever gotten. Omg. Thank you!!

You're correct. I don't sketch and I go straight to drawing. I'm not sure how to force myself to sketch out everything before thinking it the drawing is ready. I should read up on some tips for that! :D

Thanks again!
I think your lines are a little shaggy, but your figures are drawn pretty well.

Sketching isn't totally necessary for every picture/artist, it's just a tool that some find more useful than others. It might be better to be more decisive about the lines you draw, though; visualise the overall shape of the body you're trying to draw, measuring out everything in relation to each other as you go before drawing a line so it is more precise (rather than roughly hashing out the figure with lots of little lines). Anyway that's just another technique like preliminary sketching, so obviously do whatever works best for you.

Spending a chunk of time copying anatomy like Joseph has suggested is a good idea, though.

Considering you draw from your head rather than planning out the drawing with a sketch (if I'm understanding you correctly) I think you're doing well.
Still haven't quite attempted to color my work, but I'm making a sketch dump of Ghost Shards characters in different poses than I'm used to. :D

Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
That's a really nice style you have there, though I have to be honest and point out that to me, given the placement of the eyes in the second-to-last drawing in your original post, it looks a bit like her face is melting. XD
author=StrawberryFlower
The older form of the guy from the first sketch:

Pixel art is fun!

I find that sketch to be the most striking. Intense stuff.

I also really enjoy that pixel art.
Hehe, thanks!

Created a reference sheet for my character Sylphia. I kind of realize now that having free-flowing long hair isn't a good idea when you want to be a fighter...

Haven't been around in awhile... >>

An illustration created for a little project. Yes, I colored it. Cheaply. :P

author=StrawberryFlower
Haven't been around in awhile... >>

An illustration created for a little project. Yes, I colored it. Cheaply. :P

This is so lovely O: I actually really like that coloring a lot, you chose very nice colors (I especially like that yellow with that purple), nice and clean lines, simple and clean cross hatching here and there, nice and soft colors, I love it!
Pages: first 12 next last