RPG MAKER 2003 - ALL COMMON EVENT GONE

Pages: 1
All my Common Events in RPG Maker 2003 are just gone. Suddenly after a weird error, everything is just gone. Does anyone knows about this and knows what to do?
Not sure, but this should be the thing that gets you to make regular backup copies of your projects.
author=Link_2112
Not sure, but this should be the thing that gets you to make regular backup copies of your projects.

I did but I doesn't explane why this happened and it costs me days of work to get back from where I should be with the backup. I don't make a backup every day.
author=Link_2112

I did but I doesn't explane why this happened and it costs me days of work to get back from where I should be with the backup. I don't make a backup every day.

On which file are the common events saved?
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Um... Just start a new project and copy the common events, open your project, paste the events.
This topic belongs in the game Dev section also, btw. Or one of those ones anyway.

Edit: if you were doing a lot of your own events, hopefully you backed up. Open the back up and copy-paste to your up-to-date project.

Protip: save daily. Back up every time you save. Hell, save hourly. I lost some of my biggest, longest, most-worked-on games because I didn't back up externally, then faced computer crash or file corruption.
Yeah it takes a minute or so to do this, but will save you countless hours of work in the process.
author=Dudesoft
Um... Just start a new project and copy the common events, open your project, paste the events.
This topic belongs in the game Dev section also, btw. Or one of those ones anyway.

Edit: if you were doing a lot of your own events, hopefully you backed up. Open the back up and copy-paste to your up-to-date project.

Protip: save daily. Back up every time you save. Hell, save hourly. I lost some of my biggest, longest, most-worked-on games because I didn't back up externally, then faced computer crash or file corruption.
Yeah it takes a minute or so to do this, but will save you countless hours of work in the process.

I was able to put everything back where is belonged thanks to my backup. I had to do some work over but it wasn't as hard as I thought thanks to all the pictures that were not deleted. I think it was because there was no space on my computer anymore. That he deleted every single common events was something that I didn't expect.

What do you prefer? Dropbox? I put everything on Dropbox from time to time. Now I know that I need to do that more times.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Prefer? USB stick dedicated to holding the back ups. If the computer crashes, at least I'll have a copy in hand.
Pages: 1