AMIIBOS

Pages: first 12345 next last

So now that the newest iterations of the Smash Bros. are finally here (well, in some areas at least, lol), I was wondering if any of you guys are going to be picking up any of these strange-looking Amiibo thingys to either help fight alongside you against your friends and / or loved ones, as you both mercilessly beat the ever-loving crap out of each other, use it as a training dummy, or just buy one for the novelty of having your favorite Nintendo and / or non-favorite Nintendo characters just stare at you relentlessly from across the room while you’re either watching T.V. or by betraying them almost entirely by playing something else that this isn’t from their own games (you sick ba*tard).

I’m not picking up the Wii U version (and a Wii U as well) until the day of my official birthday, which is on the 29th, as we want to sit down as a family and play it together. Yep, that’s right: My parents and I and my little brother are going to go full out on each other, no holds bar.

Since they cost around $10 each (well, up here in my neck of the woods, at least) and they’re extremely cheap, I said I’ll be picking up one Amiibo for each of us while any others they have to go purchase or pay for out of their own pocket.

So, with that said, my little brother wants a Marth one and he’s giving me some extra money for a Fox one, which is his primary, and really, only main. Really, ever since the original game, the man only wants to use Fox. He decided on Marth as well because he did admit that he used him a few times and thought he was pretty good, so he’s getting a Marth one along with a Fox one.

My dad only wants a Link one, that’s it. He’s a big Legend Of Zelda fan and has collected some toys from the past, so all he really wants is a Link one. He’s been playing around with Kirby lately on Brawl these past couple of months, so he plans on using him and his Link Amiibo againist all of us in the 8 player Smash.

My mom’s still deciding on between Duck Hunt or the Wii Fit Trainer. She doesn’t play a lot of games, but she has played Duck Hunt in the past and used the Wii Fit once and a while besides playing Smash with us, so she’s not entirely sure (although I'll probably just buy her both).

As for me, I’m going to get a Dr. Mario one and call it “Dr. Cheeks,” a Mega Man one, and then probably a Ness and a Little Mac one for novelty purposes. (Hmm…but that Ike one up there looks pretty good too…)

- So what Amiibo’s are you guys going to get?
I bought the Mario, Yoshi, Princess and Pikachu ones today, along with Smash Bros U. It's a christmas gift for my sons, so I won't be playing until the 25th, and he's a big Mario fan hence the Mario themed amiibos. I got pikachu because he was my main in the original. There was no luigi for fucks sake. Also, can someone explain to me how Toad is not in Smash? He was one of the mains in SMB2 and SM3DW, and has been around since forever. Plus he's getting his own spinoff game in Captain Toad, so the time is ripe.

Other than Pikachu, I want Megaman. The rest are cool but not super desired for.

The Luigi one’s available sometime in December along with Diddy Kong, Zelda, Captain Falcon, Pit and Little Mac (yay). There’s a whole list here detailing what ones they have available and what not.

Also, I figured you’d get a Pikachu one. :)

Yeah, Toad should “technically” have had Rosalina and Luma’s spot, seeing how he really does deserves it more than her at this point, but maybe they just couldn’t think of anything truly unique enough to do with him and maybe Rosalina just fit better and maybe made a bit more sense, especially with that whole Mario Galaxy stage. Bowser Jr. is fine, since he’s been around for a while, and I love what they did to him with his whole Koopa Clown Car thing. Toad SHOULD definitely make it in the next Smash for sure. (Or maybe he’ll be future DLC later on, who knows?)

It's the same thing with Dixie Kong; I don't know why she's hasn't made it in Smash by now, especially after Tropical Freeze was the last DK game released that basically revived her and even gave her a projectile weapon in that game that she could have used as a regular special attack, for god sakes.
I'm planning to buy all of them and just stick them on my wall, because I'm a consumer whore and a wannabe Comic Book Guy collector. I was planning to just display them on a shelf, but the packaging just looks so nice...

As you can guess I don't really care about the game functionality as of yet. I just think the figures look really nice.
I'd play Toad if he was played by John Stocker from Super Mario Brother Super Show, same attitude 'n all.

e: Guess they just needed more room for Dark Pit!
I saw them when I was not buying them at Best Buy today and they don't look nearly as nice as I was expecting them to. I wouldn't go so far as to say that they're cheap looking, but they certainly don't match the high quality promotional figures that Nintendo has been showing off.

Anyway, I might buy a few of them eventually. Link and Mega Man. Maybe a few others. But I don't really intend to use them, though. The whole concept of them is dumb if you ask me. Which you didn't. They'll look nice on my shelf, though.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=kentona
Also, can someone explain to me how Toad is not in Smash? He was one of the mains in SMB2 and SM3DW, and has been around since forever. Plus he's getting his own spinoff game in Captain Toad, so the time is ripe.

Because they had to add more anime characters no one's heard of.
There just wasn't any room left!!!

Me, I might get Little Mac. I dunno. Don't even have a WiiU yet, so who knows. This is basically Disney Infinite/Skylanders for Nintendo characters. I'm on the fence.
But Toad is in Smash.........

*insert Duck Hunt Dog giggle*
author=GreatRedSpirit
e: Guess they just needed more room for Dark Pit!

- But I like Dark Pit!

Anyways, I went out yesterday afternoon and bought myself a Link Amiibo for my dad! He seems pretty happy enough. ^^

There weren’t a lot of them available at the store that I went to other than Mario, DK and Pikachu, so I just ended up picking up a Link one instead. I’m going to try Target and possibly Gamestop sometime this week to see if I can get my hands on a Wii Fit Trainer for my mom and either a Fox or a Marth one for my little brother.

At this point, I’ll be the only one left without an Amiibo to help me fight with… :(

Also - holy f*cknuts! This guy by the name of chibisilverwings has repainted and modified some of the Amiibos with alternate colors and added some other impressive doohickies to them to make them look even more cool. :O

That Pikachu one now actually looks pretty badass.
Played lots of smash. It's awesome! I'll get Little Mac and possibly Rosalina(she is surprisingly good).

You should make a smash thread. It's my friends wiiu but I can still fight against you guys.
Just picked up the DK and Peach Amiibos. They're actually really nice looking, especially the detail on DK. Considering they're only 13$ dollars a piece it's a really good deal.
I got a Yoshi(my main) for me, and a Link for my sister. It's really adorable and clever how they grow stronger and learn from you imo. The figures themselves look pretty nice, too! Especially Yoshi!

author=Link_2112
You should make a smash thread. It's my friends wiiu but I can still fight against you guys.

This.
I hope online matches are actually lag-free this time. Every other game can handle online, why can't smash :( Has anybody played online yet?
author=Link_2112
I hope online matches are actually lag-free this time. Every other game can handle online, why can't smash :( Has anybody played online yet?

I've played a small amount of matches online. Four player battles were unfortunately pretty laggy a lot of the time. However, 1v1 matches went really smoothly for the most part, except with a few stinkers who obviously didn't have that great of a connection. Still, it's waaaay better than Brawl and its wonderful 2 seconds of lag per frame. :P
That's good to hear.

http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/16706/ I expect to see all of you posting in here now.

Go over to this topic and tell me what the match making is like :)
So…how’s all your Amiibo hunting / collecting going thus far? Has everybody been able to find the ones that they want, because, quite frankly, some of them have been an absolute b**ch to find!

I can’t find a single Little Mac in any store if my life depended on it, nor can I find a Pit or a Diddy Kong one as well (might have to go online to find a Little Mac one). I did find a couple of Luigi’s and Zelda’s at Target today and ended up scooping up a Zelda one, but no luck on anything else other than that… (Darn.) And, stupid me, I did find a Captain Falcon one at one store but decided NOT to pick it up at the time thinking that I’ll probably run into some more sometime down the road – but nope! He’s the only one and the last one that I have ever seen thus far. :(

Trying to pre-order anything lately has resulted in mostly a “sorry, we’re not taking any more additional pre-orders right now” to a “sorry, all sold out”. It’s been pretty frustrating, exactly.

But today I just got some good news when I went down to my local EB Games to ask about any Wave 3 Amiibos and they told me that they’re allowing some more additional pre-orders for Wave 3 but only for Bowser, Toon Link, Sheik, Sonic and Mega Man (yes!!!) I immediately paid my $10 to pre-order a Mega Man one and left the store quite incredibly pleased, as he was one of the main ones that I really wanted more than anything else.

So, so far I’ve gotten a Mario and a DK one for myself; Link and Zelda for my dad; Fox for my little brother, as Marth, as you probably have already heard or have read online by now, was an absolute b**ch to find and I never ran into a single one, so he ended up just getting a Fox one; and my mom was lucky enough to get a Wii Fit Trainer, as I did find two of them on the first week that the game came out and ended up picking up one for her, so I got most of the ones that we all wanted so far. ^^

...But seeing this video now makes me feel quite sad. (Damn you, Japan.) :(
Since they aren't compatible with the 3DS (yet?) I'm not really interested in buying one. But I've heard they're going to be used with the New 3DS system, which I may or may not buy (still undecided), so... maybe then if there are going to be some good games out for it that can justify the price for these things.

Some Amiibos that I would consider:
-Ike, because he's my main in SSB, and I think he's pretty cool.
-Sonic, but only if Sega gets their act together (as if...) and creates a good Sonic game for once (a new game like S3&K... one can dream).
-Pit/Palutena, because I really liked that Kid Icarus game for 3DS, and both characters are my secondary mains in SSB.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar

how i feel... haha just kidding i didn't even know what amiiboos were until i watched this on my lunch break yesterday
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
I personally own 3 of them being Link, Pikachu, and Kirby probably because I will suck up anything Nintendo gives me. But overall they're nicely made *cough*except marth*cough* and they pretty fast to register compared to other games like skylander but i really think the compatibility with different games without having to get an exclusive version of one for a game is a real pro.
I'm mainly interesting in playing against human players. This is an interesting idea but really kinda dumb as a game mechanic. I'll probably pick one up as a toy to add to my collection if the opportunity arises to get one I like. No way I'm going to spend 50+$ to get one.
Pages: first 12345 next last