SUPER SMASH BROS FOR WIIU

author=kentona
author=Link_2112
I looked up your timezone, kenton, and it says mainly CST. This site doesn't recognize your special time zone :P http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/ Must be a local thing.

Just updated the OP with a fancy table for all our info! I'll probably be adding more columns over time. Any ideas? I'm thinking characters with little icons of their heads, maybe win/loss records for Smash Seasons(think hockey seasons), preferred rules(no items/items).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Saskatchewan#Saskatchewan_Time_ZoneThe gist of it is that people running and voting and enacting legislation in Saskatchewan are moronic. Geographically, we ought to be on Mountain time, but instead we are ALWAYS on Central Time even when other places switch an hour forward/back for Daylight Saving Time. So for half of year we are in sync with Calgary/Edmonton, the other half Winnipeg. It is so confusing that even after living here for over 30 years I can never remember which we are at any given day...
It's weird that I never heard that before. It seems pretty unique. Now I know.

Bowser Jr does have some good moves. A lot of people drop the clown car and come in swinging. It's pretty effective. Good Fsmash. I don't like his projectile, takes too long to fire so you're wide open. It seems to rarely get used. I prefer a good projectile.

I decided to try a new configuration for my buttons and it's working out so much better. Plus I'm not using a gamecube controller anymore, it's the original Classic Controller. The one that mimics a SNES controller. I love it. I'm pressing B to jump, Y to attack, X for special. It's so much easier to always be jumping and using both other buttons at the same time. Plus it feels like I'm playing Super ^.^

I'll be playing Smash on Sunday anywhere between 1 and 7pm. Not sure exactly when yet. Anybody wanna be online then??
So, I bought a Wii U yesterday. Been going through initial setup, getting used to it and all that jazz. I created a nintendo ID but I don't like it xD My main username was taken and it's variations, so now I have to think of something new. Then I'll start adding everyone.

:D
Wahoo! My primary username prior to AlphaOmega was "Lemonaidian_RoXorZ_93" or something like that. Thankfully, I realized this was exceptionally stupid.

Wait... Bought Wii U yesterday.... getting used to it today... will add everyone soon... So "initial setup" didn't include 45 minutes on the phone with a friendly customer service representative? I was seriously under the impression that the system you bought at the store was merely a placeholder for the REAL one they send you in the mail a week or so after you buy the system! Both my Wii U and PS4 were essentially bricks right out of the box and had to be sent back.
Yeah, I've been feeling that way about Link_2112. It's from way back when the only cool things I knew about were Zelda and Rush. I'm putting some serious thought into this because I don't really have a secondary I use for stuff. It's always some variation of link2112. I gotta hurry up though, so I can start playing smash u.u

haha My Wii U has been working great out of the box. I've had almost flawless luck with electronics. I never get bricks and never have issues. One time my laptop wouldn't power on. I just went to bed and it was working fine in the morning. No problems since. I have good E-Karma.
After having unlocked all of the characters last night I need to say, they did an excellent job of utilizing all the newcomers this time around. Not one of the kits they gave the new characters feels gimmicky or repetitive/palette swapped.

I'm just so glad that Duck Hunt didn't end up being Ice Climbers 2.0, and that Villager is actually incredibly fun to play and really genuinely useful. Fuck, they even made a good character out of Pac-Man.

Also, Link, you forgot to add my Wii U ID to the OP. It's PizzaTheFace. I hate to be a bother, but could you also add Megaman, Luigi and Samus to my character listing, and change my style to no items and omega only? Actually being able to play at length and customize controls has let me figure out a lot more about my playstyle, it seems. (this is the first Smash I've actually owned)

Thanks. Hopefully we can get a game on the go soon.
It's no bother. Everyone let me know if any info needs updating in the OP any time.

author=Not one of the kits they gave the new characters feels gimmicky or repetitive/palette swapped.

You might be forgetting Lucina/Marth, but yeah other than that it's a good roster.

I'd like to get my ID created tonight so I play tonight. I'll be adding people on skype soon, I'll msg ppl when I get online.
Dark Pit seems like a blatant palette swap if I've ever seen one. Regular Pit even has a Dark Pit costume, ffs!

Also, I know you're probably just trying to protect me from a slew of lopsided losses, but you never added my Skype to the first post. :P DO IT. I LIKE BEING A BOTHER. :P (Predictably, it's AlphaOmega247)

author=Link_2112
haha My Wii U has been working great out of the box. I've had almost flawless luck with electronics. I never get bricks and never have issues. One time my laptop wouldn't power on. I just went to bed and it was working fine in the morning. No problems since. I have good E-Karma.
Shit, one time my PC wouldn't turn on. I went to bed and had the same problem in the morning. It never recovered, either. It would just boot to a blank screen. My dad was able to get the hard drive to work in a different PC and somehow, it was completely EMPTY! Yes! I lost everything!

If anyone is up for some kung-fu fighting against me, I'll be online for a while, I haven't had a chance to battle some ya'll, so I figure I'll take the opportunity to do just that. :D
Well at least the clones were added near the end of development. As Sakurai put it, "It's nice to have some dessert to go along with the main meal." :P

Still, yeah, Dark Pit. I would rather have had Pichu make a reappearance.

author=J-Man
If anyone is up for some kung-fu fighting against me, I'll be online for a while, I haven't had a chance to battle some ya'll, so I figure I'll take the opportunity to do just that. :D

Sure, I'm game!
Bunch of people playing right now :D

edit: Miracle, we all want to fight you. Stop playing for glory!
and your offline. Check your gamepad for messages. The home button will flash blue. Next time.
and your online xD

kill me much? haha I'm gonna have to stop playing on the gamepad. I can't keep up with you guys ^.^;
Well, that was ten kinds of fun. I hope to battle again. :D

EDIT: I am shot as curious on how deadly this Miracle is, this individual was wrecking everybody and I didn't get my chance to get wrecked. T_T;; C'MON, KILL ME!
Miracle is DEADLY. DEADLY!!!! It's a miracle if anybody an beat him.

I'd say I wasn't as horrid as advertised, except against Miracle. J-Man was way better than me, but I was about equal with Zeuzio and Link. Most of the time. Using Shulk's sexy abs to distract everyone was a wise move on my part. Total domination.
That was a blast, everyone! I did a lot of SD'ing and playing like crap, but I'm slowly improving. Having so many different players and characters to fight against is really helpful. I need to see how each character kicks my ass in order to overcome it heh

Miracles Villager tactics are pretty...obnoxiously intense. You'll have a hard time, but you could do it xD You should get closer than I did, anyways. I'm glad there's someone that tough, so I can rise to the challenge. I could see exactly all the mistakes I was making. I'll get you eventually!

Jman mostly kicked my ass, but I'll catch onto your tactics soon enough :D I'm going back to the classic controller. I was hardly downsmashing on the gamepad. I should do better next time we play.

Zeuzio, we seem to be fairly even atm >) You're my rival right now.

AlphaOmega, respectable performance. Don't sell yourself too short.

I'll be playing again tomorrow night, same time.
Me and my room mate will be playing later tonight. If any of you catch us we should have some matches.

By the way, can you add my room mate to the OP? He'll be using my Wii U account, just different mains. His name on RMN is matrixmancs (even though he doesn't actually use the account).

Same stage/item preferences as me. He mains Palutena, Ike, and Lucina.
It's too bad I work tonight! I'd love to play again.

Were you actually getting self destructs, Link? Cuz those are, like, almost impossible to get. And it's freaking ridiculous. If I were to punch your character once and then walk away, and then you walk off the stage a minute later, I would still get credit for the KO, despite the fact I had nothing to do with it. It's an odd design choice that makes absolutely NO sense to me. Why it got carried over from Brawl is even more baffling.

Also, I always sell myself short, that way your expectations are appropriately low. If I had played like pure crap last night, that would have fallen in line with your expectations. But since I was halfway decent, you were pleasantly surprised. Now, if I had been all like "DUDES I'M A SMASH GOD" all along, and then I played merely halfway decent like yesterday, I'd be getting a ton of flak.

Remember kids, it's easier to exceed low expectations than to live up to unrealistic hype. XD
Not official SDs, just unforced errors when trying to reach the ledge.

I probably won't be playing tonight :/ Issues with work that I need to work on or I'm totally fucked.
If you don't want to see spoilers, then don't read a topic that is for discussing the game by people who own the game. Not sure what spoilers there are in here anyways.
author=Pizza
Me and my room mate will be playing later tonight. If any of you catch us we should have some matches.

By the way, can you add my room mate to the OP? He'll be using my Wii U account, just different mains. His name on RMN is matrixmancs (even though he doesn't actually use the account).

Same stage/item preferences as me. He mains Palutena, Ike, and Lucina.
Ah, missed this post. I'll add that info.

You should get on skype for this(everyone should). Trying to set up matches is a pain in the ass without it. I saw you online after finishing playing Zeuzio, but chances are you wouldn't see a WiiU message right away. Plus we'd have no way of knowing if you saw the message to join the game. So we can either sit around and wait and you not even see it or play someone else and not be able to play you..yeah. A bunch of us go in a group chat and we change it up, take turns fighting each other. So much better. Can talk trash/make excuses why you died in real time xD

I recorded some video of our battles, I'll have those up tonight some time.
I definitely agree that Skype is the place to be if you want to fight others regularly. Plus we can chat about whatever else too! I think we need to remake the group, though.

author=Link_2112
I recorded some video of our battles, I'll have those up tonight some time.

Did you get that uploaded? I can't wait to be weirded out by watching myself play! :x