SUPER SMASH BROS FOR WIIU

author=Zeuzio
I think we need to remake the group, though.
What do you mean? I'm not familar with groups in Skype, if that's what you mean.

:D I should probably combine all the videos next time.

I have a replay saved on SD card between me and Jman. We had some awesome fights, wish I saved them all. Everyone, remember to save your great replays!

For anybody who doesn't have Skype, or if you don't want to share it, what do you think about connecting on the RMN IRC channel? I'm sure they would appreciate the traffic xD
My Skype is PizzaThePhone. Shame there's no sound in the videos, although I guess that's to be expected when you're forced to use external video.
Added you. Yeah, the game sound was really muffled and it was mostly just the clicking of my controller so I muted the sound to reduce the file size.
My sister wouldn't mind having a few more people to fight against, haha. Here's her info:

Wii U ID: Howldemon
Timezone: CST
Characters: Sheik/Yoshi
Rules: Same as mine?

She doesn't play quite as much as I do though. It might take her awhile to accept friend requests. :P
The list is growing and I'm playing lots of Smash and I'm just..really....happy T.T
author=Link_2112
Everyone, remember to save your great replays!
I should have saved that match where I had like 7 KOs and totally dominated, despite being constantly on the brink of elimination. It was my best moment the other night.

I still don't see what is so great about stock, though. I don't mind playing it, of course, but I've yet to be convinced that it's all that and a bag of chips.
haha You could have lorded that over me for years. I seem to forget that match anyways....but I do remember that last match of our initial best 3 out of 5 :)

Here's the thing, we had one match with items on and time. When you knew you were up +1 you ran away from me until time ended. You didn't win because you were better at fighting, but better at running away. That's a pretty cheap win. And, in case your forgetting about just about every other fighting game since the dawn of street fighter, you win by killing them before they kill you. There is usually a time limit and you can win by running out the clock, but the whole point of fighting someone is to beat them into submission. Not sucker punch them and run around the whole match ;) It's cheap and doesn't reflect skill. There's a whole different play style. With stock it focuses on defense and overall ability. Where with time, players only need to focus on cheap tactics to get a kill with a character that has high speed or stalling tactics like kirby. You could kill me once and spend the rest of the time below the stage, ledge grabbing. Cheep cheep.
By the way, I suppose I should apologize for the earlier match where I accidentally had items turned on. It was actually my first time playing a Smash game online, so I had no idea how things worked and ended up carrying over the item settings that me and my room mate use sometimes.
author=Link_2112
Here's the thing, we had one match with items on and time. When you knew you were up +1 you ran away from me until time ended. You didn't win because you were better at fighting, but better at running away. That's a pretty cheap win. And, in case your forgetting about just about every other fighting game since the dawn of street fighter, you win by killing them before they kill you. There is usually a time limit and you can win by running out the clock, but the whole point of fighting someone is to beat them into submission. Not sucker punch them and run around the whole match ;) It's cheap and doesn't reflect skill. There's a whole different play style. With stock it focuses on defense and overall ability. Where with time, players only need to focus on cheap tactics to get a kill with a character that has high speed or stalling tactics like kirby. You could kill me once and spend the rest of the time below the stage, ledge grabbing. Cheep cheep.

The only reason I resorted to such cheapness is because I was afraid everyone was going to play as good as Miracle and that I would NEVER win, so when I was on the brink of an actual victory, I wanted to preserve it, just in case it never happened again. Meh. In the end, I guess my cheapness doesn't matter, since nobody plays timed matches, anyway. And they won't want to now that I've been outed!!! :P
haha Np Pizza, it wouldn't be the first time something got in the way and we just paused our fight to get rid of it. Like that stupid theif guy on the Mario level. It's such an awesome fighting level and then that stupid thing shows up.

Yeah, Alpha, your play style is grandfathered. I do recall playing Score(time) in the original Smash Bros. It is the default so most new players wouldn't think twice. But then Smash turned into a popular tournament game and stock became the new default. No items too. Most high level people want to play competitively and so it's not a decision anymore. It's already set in stone.
The first time Nabbit appeared on the Super Mario U stage (and stole my sister), it was great fun, but after that, not so much.

And yeah, old folks like me tend to get set in our ways. And I'm not a high level player like you young crickets; I remember back in 1999 when everyone just played for fun! Things were simpler back then. I had to walk to my game console if I wanted to Smash, barefoot, uphill both ways. And now you spoiled little shits can Smash on the go with a Nintendo 3DS.
author=AlphaOmega247
The first time Nabbit appeared on the Super Mario U stage (and stole my sister), it was great fun, but after that, not so much.

And yeah, old folks like me tend to get set in our ways. And I'm not a high level player like you young crickets; I remember back in 1999 when everyone just played for fun! Things were simpler back then. I had to walk to my game console if I wanted to Smash, barefoot, uphill both ways. And now you spoiled little shits can Smash on the go with a Nintendo 3DS.
How old are you and how old do you think we are? xD I'm 31. I still remember 1999.

So I bought a bunch of old Nintendo stickers and decided to outfit my WiiU with stickers. I just placed them on there, not stickied, trying to figure out a good placement. I think this one is ok
I was being dramatic. I'm 21; I just have the soul of a 90 year old sometimes. Though I don't actually remember much about 1999. First grade, I think? Barfed on a teacher... I remember that. Other details are hazy. And off topic. But yeah, I totally didn't even play video games until like, 2002. Melee was my the first game I got to go into my shiny new GameCube on that warm summer day. Ahh... would've been even better if I had a memory card to go with the system.

And I like the stickers. I just don't think that I, personally, would deface my system with them (but that's just me). I also didn't know that the San Jose Sharks were Nintendo related. :P
Oh haha

Melee was the last time I ever got excited for a video game release. After that I started enjoying games less and less. Oddly enough I keep collecting them :P

Out of all the non gaming stickers you just have to pick on the Sharks? I pulled out my sticker collection and those are my favorites. I wish I hadn't put those other stickers on my Ps2.. I don't usually do anything like that but I want to do something different. I really like my Wii U and I want to make it cool to look at.

Man, I was really in the zone tonight :D Well, half the time. I'm pretty inconsistent like that. But I actually beat Miracle a few times :3 I was recording replays. The first one was from a few days ago and the second one is from tonight. Big difference. I'll have to record them again, didn't notice the table in the shot.

hey link, sorry I missed your message earlier (the wii u messaging system really sucks!) I'll be on the lookout later tonight tho, I picked up a surprise character recently and I think they're ready for combat!! :D
haha I picked up a new character too ;) You should get me on skype, most of us that to match make. With great success! I've been playing on average, 4 hours a day for the last few days so I'm ready to rock, man xD
The game is awesome with plenty of interesting stages, new characters,
and bonus features. I enjoy playing as fox alot.
His charged splits can send foes flying in opposite directions.
Customizing option is fun too.
I'm playing Smash now. Miracle. I'll be on for a while.

Meh. I was lagging a bit. It's been slow all night.
That sucks, seemed ok to me :( Good games tho, maybe we can play again when the connection clears up

I still want to challenge some others like Pizza and J-Man sometime, if either of you read this feel free to message me!!
I was missing a lot of my jumps and randomly upsmashing, among other things xD I don't know if it got better as we played or I got used to it, but definitely not as good as our usual matches. You may have beat me anyways haha I don't think I'm playing anybody as good online but I am winning a lot.