RMN PLAYS

Dec 1 to Dec 21

The concept is simple: Play games on RMN. Leave a thoughtful comment on the gameprofile. Receive a random Letter achievement. Collect letters to claim prizes.

In a fit of inspiration from the Misaos topic, members here felt that it would be a good idea to have a game playing event, so that there was incentive to try out all of the great games on RMN and get a feel for what games should be nominated for Misaos.

I concur.

Hence, I started RMN PLAYS, an event whereby you play games on RMN, let me know that you played by linking your thoughful comment in this thread, and get a random Letter achievement. Collect sets of letters (R-M-N or P-L-A-Y-S) and you get to win your choice of Steam game from the associated tier (or below). There are also Instant Win RMN tesses! This contest starts (retroactively) to December 1st, and runs until December 21st at midnight.

OUTLINE ::..
1. You download and play a game from RMN.
2. You make a thoughtful comment on their gameprofile OR submit a review.*
3. You link said comment to this event's thread here.
4. I award you a random achievement Letter.
5. If you have collected a set of letters, or an instant win, let me know and I will contact you about your prize selection.
6. Game requests for winners is first come, first served.

*I will be the judge of what constitutes a thoughtful comment. 'gud gam, had fun dude!' is not a thoughtful comment

PRIZES ::..
A. There are 8 letters to collect: R-M-N-P-L-A-Y-S
B. Collect an entire set of R-M-N to win your choice of a Tier I game (or Tier II or Tier III).
C. Collect an entire set of P-L-A-Y-S to win your choice of a Tier II game (or Tier III).
D. Collect an Instant Win tess to win your choice of a Tier III game.
E. You can win multiple games by collecting whole sets of letters. You can only win up to one Instant Win tess, though.
F. Play and comment/review/LP at least 20 games during the event to get the special RMN PLAYS Gamer achievement (worth 50ms)
G. The rare letters are:
M and A. Note that R-M-N letters are overall more rare than P-L-A-Y-S letters.

**If I find that any of you people are abusing this event to get prizes or extra achievements without actually putting effort into playing games, I will cancel this whole event. I expect you to act with integrity.

TIER I GAMES
Collect the letters R-M-N to select a game from this tier or below
BioShock Triple Pack
Borderlands 2: GOTY
Broken Age
Endless Legend
Endless Space: Emperor Edition
Planetary Annihilation
Planetary Annihilation
RPG Maker VX Ace
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Tomb Raider GOTY

TIER II GAMES
Collect the letters P-L-A-Y-S to select a game from this tier or below
Age of Empires II HD Edition
Child of Light
Child of Light
Dragon Age: Origins
Fallout New Vegas
Outlast
Never Alone
Rogue Legacy
The Banner Saga

TIER III GAMES
Collect an Instant Win to select a game from this tier
8bitBoy
Castle Crashers
Castle Crashers
CastleStorm
Claire
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
Psychonauts
Risk of Rain
Super Meat Boy
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery
To The Moon
Two Worlds II: Castle Defense

PLAY 20 GAMES
Play and comment/review/LP at least 20 games during the event to get the special RMN PLAYS Gamer achievement. That's an average of one game a day for the duration of the event.

Once a game is claimed, I will strike it from this list. Good luck! Play games and be awesome.

If you have any questions, or require any clarification, please ask!
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
This seems pretty neat. Are you going to make a sign-up list for those who want to participate?
unity
You're magical to me.
Oooh! I'm so in! :D This'll be fun!
author=Ratty524
This seems pretty neat. Are you going to make a sign-up list for those who want to participate?
I will count people posting links to their comments as participants. I won't track an official list, though. This event will keep me busy enough, I think.
I'm totally in, I just have one question: Since the achievements are randomly chosen, will getting a letter you already have lead to a re-roll? Or do you have to just give it another go entirely?
author=Pizza
I'm totally in, I just have one question: Since the achievements are randomly chosen, will getting a letter you already have lead to a re-roll? Or do you have to just give it another go entirely?
I was planning on just giving you whatever you got.

I am considering doing 2 achievements per game played, though (like McDonald's Monopoly tokens you get)
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Ah, shit. I have to play games for this? That's a tall order.
Its crunch time right now,so I most likely won't get to anything before the 12. There are a few games I've been wanting to though, one of which I wanted to review. So what the heck.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Sounds cool... Dammit now I just need to find something to play games on :\
So, I played a bunch of games in my thread and mainly posted videos. Can I post comments on those games I recently played or does my integrity force me to only post on games I played from Dec 1st onward?
I'm in , it can be any game, right? no matter if the game was uploaded on 2009 or if the game is a piece of shit not very good?
author=Link_2112
So, I played a bunch of games in my thread and mainly posted videos. Can I post comments on those games I recently played or does my integrity force me to only post on games I played from Dec 1st onward?
Santa is watching you...
author=El_WaKa
I'm in , it can be any game, right? no matter if the game was uploaded on 2009 or if the game is a piece of shit not very good?
That doesn't matter.

HOWEVER! It can't be on a game YOU WORKED ON. (I know this seems obvious, but I outta outright state this)
So: play a game, leave a comment/write a review, post a link to the said comment/review here, and get achieves?

Excellent! Count me in then ;p
author=Pizza
http://rpgmaker.net/games/6839/?post=597072#post597072Does this count as thoughtful?

Yes, it does.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

How exactly do you link the exact place you left a comment on a page?

Edit: You're counting reviews, but not let's try videos! Think about that for a minute.
author=kentona
Santa is watching you...
What if I check my list twice and play much further into the games I've already played?

author=kory_toombs
How exactly do you link the exact place you left a comment on a page?

Edit: You're counting reviews, but not let's try videos! Think about that for a minute.
Click the timestamp of your post.