OKAY SUCKAHS GIVE ME YO GAMES

Pages: first 1234 next last
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
0) I am opening myself up to suggestions of games to play. The more suggestions, the merrier. Suggest your stuff or someone else's. Just drop a link in the thread.

1) I'm only going to play games I feel like playing. I feel like playing VX Ace games more than VX games, VX games more than RM2k3 games, RM2k3 games more than RM2k games, RM2k games more than games made in other engines, and games made in other engines more than RMXP games, but I really might play any game regardless of what engine it's made in. I feel like playing RPGs more than non-RPGs but I am still happy to play non-RPGs if they look interesting. As for my actual tastes in games, all y'all should have a pretty good general idea of that by now.

2) I'm not going to play any games I don't feel like playing.

2.5) I don't promise I'm going to play ALL of anything. I'm trying to hit a lot of games here so if you hit me up with a 30 hour epic, I'm probably only going to play it for a couple hours max before I move on. If it's good I'll try to come back to it later.

3) I'm going to post reviews of the games I play. These reviews will be shorter than my usual reviews, but they won't be too short.

4) There is no limit on the number of requests I'll consider, subordinate to rules #1 and #2. So go nuts.

5) I am accepting requests from now until December 21st when requests will close

6) I am going to play these games in whatever order I feel like playing them in. I am not going to respond meaningfully to every game suggestion, certainly not with a 'yea' or 'nay'. As a rule, you will not know if I am going to play your game or not until I either play it or don't.

-RESULTS-

So at close of event, that's 11 requests fulfilled (10 if you don't count Space Dolphin) in a little over two weeks. Not bad.
Sure...why not? I think it's about 5-10 hours long.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/3916/
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Oh man. Why the RMXP hate?

I will prove your preconceptions wrong. Play Iniquity & Vindication. You might still not like it, but at least it won't be because it's a typical RMXP game.
Max McGee
I literally cannot explain why I don't like RMXP. That's why I never talk about it being bad or anything. But every game I have ever played in it has looked at least slightly bad or wrong to me somehow visually, specifically the way the characters have moved around the tileset maps. I think it might have something to do with the resolution. I honestly don't know. There is also the fact that on several computers I have literally been unable to load RMXP games without them crashing while other games have run without a hitch. I cannot remember if this computer has that problem.
If you like (or don't hate) art games then you could give these a try. You can play them both in less than a half hour!

Alternatively, if you DO hate art games, you can cuss and swear at me and call me a bad dev.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/6978/
http://rpgmaker.net/games/6992/
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Max McGee
I literally cannot explain why I don't like RMXP. That's why I never talk about it being bad or anything. But every game I have ever played in it has looked at least slightly bad or wrong to me somehow visually, specifically the way the characters have moved around the tileset maps.

Most RMXP games don't utilize its RTP to its full potential, even though it's probably one of the best default tilesets we've received so far.
Max McGee
Ratty420 no posting in this topic if you're not going to suggest a game. : P
Max McGee
Review of Peeking at Stars submitted. Will link in OP when it is approved. Now downloading Vagabond which I'm not gonna lie immediately reminds me of my own "one-word-title" game. Only, y'know...yours went anywhere, for starters.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
copycat

EDIT: You may be interested in my fairly experimental VX Ace project, Les Visiteurs Dans L'Espace (Note: The two-star review is from the older, awful-ending version).
You don't know what you're missing, yo! Try Farmyard Chronicle. It's unlike any other RM2K game you've ever played. Guaranteed :)

-flap

*edit* It's a stand alone package, so you don't need the RM2K engine.

*edit/edit* Seriously, I've never liked XP games either! No concrete reason, but I'm glad it's not just me.
Max McGee
author=Yellow Magic
copycat

EDIT: You may be interested in my fairly experimental VX Ace project, Les Visiteurs Dans L'Espace (Note: The two-star review is from the older, awful-ending version).

FRENCH TITLE? Oh man that's so pretentious I can't NOT try it!
author=Max McGee
author=Yellow Magic
copycat

FRENCH TITLE? Oh man that's so pretentious I can't NOT try it!

A pretentious French game would be a nice change, imo. Post it in my review thread and I'll take a look. :)

-flap
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Unfortunately the only thing French about it is the title. Je suis désolé...mais maintenant, je suis en train de apprendre français.
Perhaps you'd like to give my game, Touhou Fantasy, a look-see? Still a beta, but a good 17-30 hours long as it is, 50% done overall.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/3758/
Max McGee
author=Yellow Magic
Unfortunately the only thing French about it is the title. Je suis désolé...mais maintenant, je suis en train de apprendre français.

Yeah if the entire game was french I wouldn't consider that pretentious lol.

author=Xenomic
Perhaps you'd like to give my game, Touhou Fantasy, a look-see? Still a beta, but a good 17-30 hours long as it is, 50% done overall.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/3758/

I know nothing whatsoever about Touhou except that it's very...weabish. Will that be an obstacle?
It shouldn't be any obstacle really. Knowing what it is and the characters may help slightly, but it's not going to impact the gameplay at all.
Max McGee
aremen didn't want to let me download Iniquity and Vindication for some reason so it's time to get FRIGHTENING with It Moves!
So... Farmyard Chronice is just plain out? It doesn't even get a "what is this RM2K crap i hate this game" response?

-flap
Pages: first 1234 next last