RECOMMEND MY BROTHER SOME RPG/RPGMAKER GAMES?

Pages: 1
My bro recently developed an interest in RPG games (I don't know what game he got ahold of. It looks like a Five Nights at Freddy's with turn based fighting or something), and he's asked me to let him play more.

He's 12, his whole gaming life, admittedly because of my bad big brotherhood showing him games above his age level, mostly consists of shooter games, Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Smash Bros.

So it's quite a boon for him to show interest in RPGs.

Can you guys recommend some RPG games for me to shove into his new computer so he can try them out.
Preferably good RPG Maker games too, because I'd like him to also develop an appreciation for indie games as he does, compared to if I gave him a AAA RPG game which may end up building a reluctance to playing indie games, a little like how I turned out.

And it may be a bit shameless to ask, but if as possible as can be, if they were free too, just in case if I invested money into trying to build a preference for RPG games and in the end it turned out he doesn't like them :(

Thanks in advance, guys!
The game of my childhood was Vampires Dawn. It is fairly bloody, but it is something that makes it more interesting to younger ones. And he seems to not be too screamish, anyway.

I'd also recommend In Search of Immortality, The Sunken Spire and The Grumpy Knight, they are lighthearted games with a nice environemnt. They aren't too long, either.
The Way series? That should keep him busy for a while, and from what I remember it's really good. In terms of stuff I haven't played, but have heard is good, there's Hero's Realm and Enelysion. Cartharsis is good, but is still just a demo.
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
A blurred line, The Way, Paradise Blue and maybe romancing walker.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Hero's Realm, suckah.
Give him Dhux Scar. Yeah. I saw Evangelion and Hellsing when I was that age, so I think there's no problem with that, right? I mean, what could happen? :D.
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
The Grumpy Knight. I second Dhux Scar, that's another good one.

Dead Moon Night was also a lot of fun.
Exit Fate? It's essentially Suikoden 2, thematically as well as liberally borrowing its sound and graphic resources. Despite this, it's still a solid game, though the battle system isn't that satisfying.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Max McGee
Hero's Realm, suckah.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
I first played The Way when I was 12 and it changed my life.

...well, not really, but it certainly challenged the way (EDIT: that pun wasn't intended) I thought about games made by random individuals.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
Dhux's Scar is great but it's probably not a game I'd let a 12-year old play.
author=Corfaisus
author=Max McGee
Hero's Realm, suckah.
Pages: 1