[RM2K3] DISPLAY NAMES ABOVE ENEMIES?

Pages: 1
I'm looking for a Borderlands-esque "enemy name and health bar" feature to put in my game, and I've gotten the health bar part taken care of. I understand that displaying an enemy's name over them can be done with some event hackery, but I'd prefer something a little cleaner.

Any thoughts?
I'm also sort of interested in something like this, bump.

But it would require using a smaller font than the standard RM2K3 font to prevent cluttering and also allow for longer names to show up.
This should be fairly easy.

http://rpg-maker.cherrytree.at/dynrpg/getting_started.html

Look at the Condition Icons. All you would have to do is base the Conditions Icons instead on monster ID (as in, if monster # is 1, for slimes, for example), make a picture with the monster's name.

You'll need this.
int RPG::Battler::id
One-based ID of the battler.
For actors this value is the database ID, for monsters it is the party member ID plus one
(e.g. RPG::monsters[3]->id should always be 4).
If you want to get the database ID of a monster, you have to use RPG::Monster::databaseId.

On the dynrpg.ini it'll be something like

Monster1=Name/Slime.png

Contrary to what it shows in conditions icons, you do not need to put stuff in Pictures folder. Just make a folder called Name and you're making small pictures to go on top of the enemy.
Milennin just sent me a mail asking for help with this. I know where to start, but I no longer have CodeBlocks on this computer. Can someone give him some tips, as to which lines to edit, and what to replace (change this to that)? Basically the code looks like it would be identical to the monster status, except with slight changes. Probably below the monster instead of above, longer, and based on monster ID not status.

I think the most active coders now are Kaze, Cherry, Pepsi, and bugmenot.

Also, can someone guide me to the latest update of CodeBlocks? I'm not sure which version to download so I can't reinstall the program.
Pages: 1