[RM2K3] I HAVE A MAPPING ERROR I CAN'T FIGURE OUT.

Pages: 1
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Okay, I've got an issue with tiles messing up in test play. Here's what the map is supposed to look like:

Here's what it ends up looking like on test play:

And here are some arrows pointing to it in case you can't spot it (all of the colors are similar and kind of blend together. Some people might miss it.):

I should note that I have this problem nowhere else on the map, and that while this is only spot that I make the wall slope against a shift + mapped wall, the slopes are made on the second layer tab. I don't even see how shift + mapping could affect them. If that's the problem, let me know. Otherwise, I don't know what could possibly be causing this.
Try making them above hero. It might be that the shift mapping is changing the height level of the tile. If it persists, you could just make those tiles charactersets and set them in events as above hero.)
pianotm
Thank you. Neither worked, so I've changed the map. Nothing was working, so I went ahead and added a manor to the top, so instead of a ruined castle, it's occupied. Since that was the tower portion, it's now hidden.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The problem was that the lower-level tiles were set as Square passability, which puts them above everything, even upper-level tiles.
pianotm
So, no using upper-level tiles on roof tiles. :/ Thank you. Now I know how to fix it if I decide to change it back.
Pages: 1