SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

I am a troll and have been waiting forever for this (since about page 370 or so), so we're starting a new screenshot topic. Because God forbid we reach 500 pages in a thread. :DDD

Onwards then!

Images from the previous thread-

Christamoose
Here are some pics from my brother's game...

And if you inspect some of the objects they hint at shipping the cat and the dog[

ALL MY GAMES ARE CANCELLED
I should probably try releasing a finished game instead of a prototype (because then I'll never finish it :p)
anyways
screenshotz

CharlieEND
I'm releasing my first game! Now I just wait for it to be accepted so I can add the download. Here's a bunch of screenshots:

A title screen / menu.

Level debriefing.

The warehouse level is pretty 3d.

The potted plant is about to get wrecked!

yuna21

I really need to align those icons so it isn't sitting on top of the portrait. ><

Testing out more resources and battlers for AW.

CashmereCat

Springs... you bring me joy.

Anorak
A couple screenshots from my horror game; Stricken.

(EDIT: I just noticed that the machine in the second picture has another tile layered on top. #>.<)

As always, rules are simple:
- Images, gifs, videos from your games are fine.
- Give constructive feedback.
- Don't be an arsehole.
- Thread is for feedback, not advertising.
B-but the "What are you thinking about?" thread is well past the 500 pages! ...Gosh! You almost gave me a heart attack there. -_-
Yes... but that's not a screenshot thread~ ^.^

@Anorak - I actually really like your screens a lot. There's a good balance of detail and space. ^.^

@Cash - That background is so calming. I'd imagine it'd be needed when playing a puzzle game. It's so pretty~

@Yuna - I can't say I like the spray-paint aesthetic. It looks rather weird. The actual pixelled stuff is nice, though.

Getting in on ground floor! I've been building a hud and a battle system as of late. It's almost complete, just gotta mess with damage popups, get skills working, get enemy skills working, animate attacks... it's not almost complete.

(Placeholder sprites till I get around to drawing my own.)
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
@Liberty Thanks ^_^

@Neok Wow. Love love love the style of the UI and the map. Super simple dungeon crawler, with all the relevant info displayed on the right. Love how you can see all the keys and gold you have. Yay for using different kinds of keys to open different doors/chests. Will everything use such a small map or will it be larger maps? I do like how cute the small one looks. It reminds me of a flash game called The Enchanted Cave. Keep it up!

A fun new mechanic to play around with. Yay!
Damn. I was holding off on putting any screenshots of this project, but I'm not going to pass up a chance to be on the first page of a screenshot thread:

Things subject to change: definitely the hp/mp bars and who knows what else. Hoping to announce this project either later this month or in early January. It's going to be a big one!
Hmm. That's creepy.

(I like the party pictures, very cute)
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Gonna leave this here for a moment...
author=CashmereCat
@NeokWow. Love love love the style of the UI and the map. Super simple dungeon crawler, with all the relevant info displayed on the right. Love how you can see all the keys and gold you have. Yay for using different kinds of keys to open different doors/chests. Will everything use such a small map or will it be larger maps? I do like how cute the small one looks. It reminds me of a flash game called The Enchanted Cave. Keep it up!

Thanks! It's gonna be a small maps game (I'm rather like legion when it comes to mapping, so keeping it simple will do better for me). I remember Enchanted Cave! Very fun. Yeah, mine will be similar to it I think.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
housekeeping, have you tried no bars at all? i think it would look fine without. PM me if you're unsure on how to do that. spider-creep looks A+.
unity
You're magical to me.
Wow, Housekeeping, that looks awesome! :D Can't wait for the gamepage!
@Libby: Yeah, getting mettalic textures can be a bit tricky with pixel art. Guess I was a wee bit lazy there and take the tried and tested gradient approach ( but not the lazy method ).

@Neok: That looks amazing, even with the place-holder stuff. 0_o

@Housekeeping: That is one frightening looking arachnid there...

And I do want to be on the 1st page of this new thread too. ^^

Caves. Again.

Night scene. I hate autoshadows, orz.
Snap! New topic!

Transform plugin I'm fiddling around with:
They start out as 8 different monsters and are immediately turned into sheep! I'll make this based on spells next. I also added an escape animation for monsters, so they run in the opposite direction they're facing while they escape instead of just fading out.

I'll finish this game one day... ,;_;,

New world map charsets:

Some new stuff:
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
omg did i kill the screenshot topic oh god what have i done i will never forgive myself lesson learned, liberty really does not like to be criticized

@Christamoose: I have to say, Cat Dog A Awesome Quest looks like it would definitely be my girlfriend's favorite RPG Maker game ever. It is more or less the game she has been asking me to make for years.

@Housekeeping: Eep! That spider!

@yuna21: That second screenshot was veru briefly the best screenshot I'd ever seen in my life (it's still very pretty)...

@PepsiOtaku: ...until I saw your first screenshot! Whatever the fuck game this is for featured game. Immediately.

Something I had lying around from one my many aborted attempts from rm2k.
A few pieces were ripped from the mysterious Commander Thule's very excellent ff3 maps, so lots of credit to him.

Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
For the first map, does the FSM trees (or is it Mack N' Blue?) match well with the VxAce RTP tileset and if the grass-ground-border-thingy makes the map look weird/worse? I was using it for consistency of how the insides of the houses are, shown in the 2nd picture.

I just realized I forgot to adjust the map size of the interior before taking a screenshot. oTL

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
For the sake of trying something new - and to cut down on development time significantly (because I don't already have an ice cube's chance in hell to finish by Christmas) - I decided to bust out the ol' tablet and draw myself a world map, using points and graphics from the RTP basis tileset to dot the land with locations. Due to the shortness of the game, I actually had to scratch my head about how I'd portray this region properly without making it feel empty, and this just seemed like the best solution.

This is the full map.

This is the map in action. You'll use the cursor (changed the hero's walk graphic to this cursor graphic I put together some time ago) to choose where you want to go by hovering it over a town/dungeon/etc icon on the map.
author=Max McGee
omg did i kill the screenshot topic oh god what have i done i will never forgive myself lesson learned, liberty really does not like to be criticized

-.-
Had ending the thread on page 499 planned since around page 370 or so. You had nothing to do with it.

@Corfaisus - I'm not sure if I like that or not... XD I do like the background and layout, but I'm tossing up about using the RTP tiles. Maybe recolour them to fit the colour scheme? They stand out quite a bit (then again, you do want them to do that a bit...)

@Erynden - Looking nice! I gotta admit that the cut off trees look really odd though. (The bottom ones - because of the edge at the bottom it looks pretty weird.) And don't worry, Mack tends to mix decent-ish with RTP tiles. Some more than others, but the trees work well together. ^.^)b

@Nemo - Good God, that is amazing. Especially for the tiles used. Very, very nice!

@Pepsi - Always happy to see more of EJ! Stuff is looking very cool!
Yes, please use handdrawn castles and towns, too.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I'll see what I can do about adding hand-drawn icons for the locations.

EDIT: It's staying the same because trying to draw mini-icons on a no-friction tablet screen while trying to keep it looking good is a fool's errand, and there's no way in hell I'm going to fall back on Ms-Paint when I've only til New Years (the furthest I'll push back the deadline) to make an entire game. The rest of the game is RTP, so who really cares?