SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar

edit: THIS IS LIKE MY FIFTH PAGESNIPE IN THE PAST WEEK

AND PROBABLY THE WORST OUT OF ALL OF THEM, I BLAME LOCKEZ

corf: i laughed

edit: added hide tag because i'm not THAT much of a supervillain
Looks sweet Erave. Those purple tentacle things remind me of the old games like zombies ate my neighbors and day of the tentacle. Or more recently Octopus City Blues.

Someone fucking talk about A blurred line with me, god damnit. Speaking of which-

---One thing I always hated graphically about A Blurred Line besides almost everything, was the custom menu. Working on my update of that.

I noticed a few of the numbers still aren't 100% aligned but thats an easy fix
@dookie
Why don't you make game pages for your games? Not just for a blurred line remix, but what about, say your earthbound game, or that 'not a blurred line' futuristic game you have going on? I've been checking out the stuff you've put on YouTube, and it is, to put it eloquently... the hot-diggity shitnaz.

She is animated but I have no way of showing it yet.

I hope you like her. :)

@ Dookie: WTF are you doing there? <3
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
itaju you have always been a dithering master
Nice to hear, but I'm a bit confused since people have disliked my first attempts. But now I adjusted my dithering style and I am much more satisfied this way myself.
Gonna get some game pages together soon, good call.

@Itaju: idk what im doing anymore

and wow, that faceset looks great. My only comment would be I think the neck looks TOO well shaded compared to the slightlier cartoony face. Its a little TOO dark and realistic (although amazing). Maybe simplify/lighten all the shades in the neck by one? Idk, either way looks incredible.

Last A Blurred Line Remake post for a while, almost done all the menu portraits.(except the 2 gang members)

I SO want to play that thing once it comes out. This game deserves the ramake you are creating.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Impressive work all of ya! Sorry for my inactivity, been hit hard by a local flu but I'm getting better, to celebrate that i did a whole swathe of cool mechanics for Perseverance: Adherence today.

A is attack, as before.
S is a temporary invulnerability frames move (think dodge roll), it can also be used to teleport to an Impetus if you have one out. The invulnerability frame length is quartered, though.
D is direction lock, when held it'll fix your direction regardless of what arrow keys you press, this allows for some really pro gameplay.
Shift as usual, is to dash. Enter as usual is action.

The three new weapons are all really fun to play with:
-The Black Death: It works alike a boomerang with severe homesickness issues, basically good luck losing that thing, also three can be on the field at once.
-Recusant's Glaive: It's somewhat a luck-based weapon, though the damage and ammo cost can make it easily worth it in rooms packed with swoopers or stalkers. It also looks and sounds really cool.
-Impetus: It does damage in its patrol, but the real fun is that it works as a teleportation beacon when using shadow dash.

You might also notice that the cleave hits only two tiles now, yes... that's intentional, it does 60 points of damage. The Lich reaper by comparison does 40. Making Warthog's weapon worth it's weight indeed. it also only costs 10 Rounds/Stamina now since it's such a bastard to hit with.

The music used here is another theme for the game by MoneyMenace, it's called "Angular-eyed Sight" and is the theme for the Naxonites in general.

Yes this is just on a debug map. Some graphics are still indeed awaiting a touch up.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Oh shit, it's Erave! What are the deets on your project because it has tons of style to it.

I still remember testing an in-development Easy Mac 2. Those were the days.
author=WIP
Oh shit, it's Erave! What are the deets on your project because it has tons of style to it.

I still remember testing an in-development Easy Mac 2. Those were the days.

Hey WIP, long time!

Doppleganger (Whack a Food), Fighter, LunC (The Way) and myself are working on a commercial project, slated to be released for desktop and mobile devices. It's done in javascript, so no rpg maker.

Basically a retro styled mid 90s SNES JRPG. I've done all the music, LunC has written a script, Fighter does most of the heavy coding and Doppleganger is our artistic supervisor, doing a lot of the graphics himself and outsourcing some tasks to freelance pixel artists. We are hoping to have a free demo soon to give people a taste and hopefully lead into a fundraising push.

And to not hijack the thread, here's another shot of "The Tangle". You interact the flowers to move the tentacle up and down to allow passage on the bridges.

BizarreMonkey
If anyone has any cool weapon ideas for the system above, I'll probably implement any cool ones that aren't too samey with what is there already.

Some good suggestions I've had are triggered explosives that as a weapon itself you just place, but when it takes damage from anything it detonates. That could be good fun for setting up traps.

Another has been a secondary attack for Impetus which plants a beacon, what is good is that while it does no damage you can use other weapons during it's duration, and it works in the way Impetus does (as in, shadow dash teleports you to it).

I might add a secondary fire to the shotgun to fire more in a splatter. so instead of.
OOO

it'd be more like
OOO
OO
OOO

or

OOO
O
OOO
Secondary attacks will be interesting to implement, however. Running severely low on keybinds. A, S and D are all occupied now, Q / W are to switch weapons, I don't want you scrolling through weapons for that long. So likely what I'll do is either make it a charge attack (Hold and release) if i can work out a way how, or implement a more binds script.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
author=Erave
Doppleganger (Whack a Food), Fighter, LunC (The Way) and myself are working on a commercial project, slated to be released for desktop and mobile devices. It's done in javascript, so no rpg maker.

I recognize all those names; sounds promising. Also interested in what way you guys are using JS. Something like Node-webkit/nw.js?

author=Erave
Basically a retro styled mid 90s SNES JRPG. I've done all the music, LunC has written a script, Fighter does most of the heavy coding and Doppleganger is our artistic supervisor, doing a lot of the graphics himself and outsourcing some tasks to freelance pixel artists. We are hoping to have a free demo soon to give people a taste and hopefully lead into a fundraising push.

Sounds rad. Make sure I get a link when that goes up!
BizarreMonkey
Oh god this new sprite for Esperia is so much better.

THANKS MACK GEN.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
author=Erave
Basically a retro styled mid 90s SNES JRPG. I've done all the music, LunC has written a script, Fighter does most of the heavy coding and Doppleganger is our artistic supervisor, doing a lot of the graphics himself and outsourcing some tasks to freelance pixel artists.

that makes me happy. i'd always wished more teams would form from rm scene people to make serious original projects
author=Dookie
Looks sweet Erave. Those purple tentacle things remind me of the old games like zombies ate my neighbors and day of the tentacle. Or more recently Octopus City Blues.

Someone fucking talk about A blurred line with me, god damnit. Speaking of which-

---One thing I always hated graphically about A Blurred Line besides almost everything, was the custom menu. Working on my update of that.

I loved A Blurred Line, and 15 year old Erave is super excited it might see the light of day again!
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Erave
author=Dookie

I loved A Blurred Line, and 15 year old Erave is super excited it might see the light of day again!

Hate to burst your bubble but the remake has been canned.