SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

East, everything in that image kinda blends together, i think you will need a little more details(rocks, not green flowers etc) on the ground, and different colours so there is some contrast.

edit: never mind its seems like you did that. its looking a lot better
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=East
Agree with everything, thanks. :)

Did some fixes - the the trees are less mirrory (although they need some more work now when I look at them), added more cliffs, rocks and flowers. Also changed the color of the grass a bit, it's a bit easier on the eye now, I think.

Quoted since I killed the last page!
I really hate it when games do over-the-top lighting effects...

... except when I do it.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
That sure is purty lol
When dead men come hunting in the night, do you think it matters who hugs in front of the Iron Throne?
Alright, so:
-Moved the pillars down.
-Added highlights to the walls
-Highlights to the pillars
-Highlights to the floor
-Added cracks and moss to the top of the wall
-Changed the perspective of the fireplace/cauldron
-Added the bucket on the left of the door.
-Fixed the barrels

Anything else?

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc

Made a lil character sprite which I'm quite happy with. I really wanna make a horror game using the gameboy palette. If only I had ideas.

Edit: I'm also making some tiles (and I made the eyes on the character a little bigger)

Edit 2: Updated some of the tiles. Screenshot above is new~
frogge, love that original gameboy tiles and sprites, but its gonna be hard to make something scary with that style...
Frogge
Never said I was aiming for something scary. More among the lines of... you know, a 30 minute long horror game that uses generic stuff like keys and isn't actually that scary.

I'm glad you like the tiles! I'm still really new to pixelart so I realize my works may not be the best ^^;

I also updated some of the tiles so I'm gonna remake that bedroom map now.
@East, it's looking good man! Cliffs and grass especially got a good form and pattern to them! I would suggest using contrast way more boldly though. You can check the sprites you are using. See the difference between the brightest and darkest color? Now apply that to your tileset!

@BadLuck, that's an epic moment! Lighting effects are over the top, but fits the scene I suppose. That is meant to be super epic hug right?

@Toaster, I'm really loving those graphics! Love the palette! I think it's pretty much flawless as it is.

@Frogge, everything's looking promising! Bigger eyes definitely look better on the character! Is that a ritual circle I see? Occult rituals for the win!
ESBY
extreme disappointment
toaster - the only issue i see now is the fallen chair, i think you'd see more of the top at that angle
frogge - small eyes are better because he looks dumber

Frogge
author=orange-
@Frogge, everything's looking promising! Bigger eyes definitely look better on the character! Is that a ritual circle I see? Occult rituals for the win!

It is! I'm glad people can tell because that took so much trial and error to make ^^;

author=ESBY
frogge - small eyes are better because he looks dumber

Small eyes don't work for some of the other characters who have glasses or masks.

also, esby, that's looking real neat. The footsteps in the snow are a nice touch.
Vandriette
"The purpose of life is to end." -Agent Smith
Me messing around with mapping again-

lights look a bit awkward to me, though
Frogge
Something I've learned myself from feedback people have given me is that lights aren't just blue like that. The darkness can be blueish but the lights would be white.
@ESBY: I would deal with those shadows under the characters. They're pitch black compared to the other ones. Compare to the tree.
Vandriette
"The purpose of life is to end." -Agent Smith
author=Frogge
Something I've learned myself from feedback people have given me is that lights aren't just blue like that. The darkness can be blueish but the lights would be white.

The lights are blue because the void outside of the hallway has a large blue nebula surrounding it
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
author=Frogge

I wanna make a cute, psychedelic RPG with that art style
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
I always thought you could not have psychedelic stuff without all colors of the spectrum.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Frogge, a horror game with glitch effects to scare the player might work best with that visual style. Since you can't explicitly detail every texture like you could working with a smaller pixel size, you could draw monsters or body horror with grotesque forms that aren't clearly defined and leave it up to player imagination as to what specifically is happening.

On my end, I remembered that I am actually physically capable of making something other than UIs:

Not a fan of some of the items on the ground, like the green beakers. Maybe I should just replace them with larger, better defined ones.
Frogge
Neat ideas, red, though there is no monster in the game. It's all humans~

Your stuff is looking real neat by the way! I actually do like the items on the ground. I think the torn carpet looks a little strange but otherwise things are looking real snazzy.

I submitted a game page since I already have some stuff done and I just have to make a few more tiles and maps and event some cutscenes. I might actually be able to finish something for once. Aiming for 20-40 minutes instead of 5 hours was a good idea.