SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

The three tile rule is particularly important for organic and outdoor tiles , especially cliffsides. Try to avoid having more than 3 of the same tiles in a row. Biggest offender: Your cliffs are long straight terrible looking walls that do not look right. I would work on that before anything else :) .
author=Roach714
The three tile rule is particularly important for organic and outdoor tiles , especially cliffsides. Try to avoid having more than 3 of the same tiles in a row. Biggest offender: Your cliffs are long straight terrible looking walls that do not look good. I would work on your that before anything else :) .

Thanks i'll definitely work on that.
Well the Retromania event got me all sorts of messed up on Time Fantasy graphics. Just to mess around I thought about how I would design somethings from my Legion Saga remake if I was using the Time Fantasy packs. This is the TF Bargon Castle that I came up with...

Pretty nifty start, Arc! Some areas in the top part look a tad empty ATM. I'm not a fan of how the castle is just...so gray. Some more colors would definitely be nice!
I still need to add NPCs to it. And I was thinking about statues and flags still need to be added as well. I agree... Everything else looks pretty nice and full than this huge stone structure completely devoid of anything... Not that some Castles weren't eyesores back in the day but still. I agree! Thank you for taking the time to respond.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Just sprite and animate some trebuchets for the empty spots. So easy! xP

edit: also, yes wonderful start!
I take it, Arc, that you are in love with these tiles?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i suggest not using so many different tiles. using a specific flower type and specific clusters of grass, etc. can help give a place identity. right now you're just tilevomiting what you can out onto the field. consider just placing down fewer deco tiles overall -- let the grass and dirt speak for itself instead of being so busy.

edit: same thing about fewer deco goes for you hoboassassin, but you got identity down a lot better.
Working on a mind controlling device.

Looks great, Momeka. Are you using a specific palette for this or do you just add colors as you go?
author=Luiishu535
Looks great, Momeka. Are you using a specific palette for this or do you just add colors as you go?

I draw it all in asesprite which comes with a bunch of premade palettes, I usually use on of those. For this game I'm using the one called "imp", not sure if that one is from something or who made it.
author=Momeka
Working on a mind controlling device.

Are you making this into a game? Please make this into a game.

Edit: I just noticed the arrows on the two screens point in which direction you're controlling the monster. Amazing attention to detail.
Yeah, it's all those little things that count. Lately, I've been starting to realize how much life animations can add to a game in terms of atmosphere. Definitely something that seems worth the work IMO.

Some quick tile-set improvisation. I'm not too happy with this one, but I feel like showing it anyway, just in case there's something I didn't think of. I do enjoy playing around with odd-ish color combinations, though.
author=Luiishu535
Some quick tile-set improvisation. I'm not too happy with this one, but I feel like showing it anyway, just in case there's something I didn't think of. I do enjoy playing around with odd-ish color combinations, though.

Looks very cool, like an old-school DOS game. The tileset kinda reminds me of a non-isometric Ultima.
@Pancaek: Yeah, hoping to have a gameplay demo thing out this week.

@Luii: Still looks great, make a game with it, please.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
@Luii - Jfc dude your coloring is amazing 11/10

Don't be hard on yourself because that looks amazing
@Cazic: Thank you! I've never played Ultima, but I've heard a lot of good things about the games.

@Momeka: Thank you! This is actually my current main project!

@Frogge: Thanks, dude! I'm glad you like it. This project is really dear to me, and I want it to be quite good, which may be the main reason I'm doubting myself so much. Nowadays, I'm often afraid that what I'm doing won't be enough. :/
Frogge
I'm working on a pixel redrawing of the rtp. This is almost everything I have so far.

Good news if you like it is, I'll be releasing it as a resource when it's done so everyone can use it :D
Looks great, Frogge! What palette are you using for this?
Frogge
I'm glad you like it! I'm using edg32, one of the default Aseprite palettes.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
!!! That actually might be perfect for something I have in mind!