SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
for the first image, it looks sorta strange how the road just ends as soon as you leave the town. Maybe have the road go to the dirt path and then end there?

Otherwise looks good.
If you mean in the town, I see what you mean.
MarkusT, I suggest you to use a shrinking character script (I've no idea what it's called) for your world maps. Otherwise it'll be 'Shingeki no Kyojin' all over.
Frogge
author=sawworm
MarkusT, I suggest you to use a shrinking character script (I've no idea what it's called) for your world maps. Otherwise it'll be 'Shingeki no Kyojin' all over.

They can just do that by changing to a shrunken sprite of the character on the worldmap, no script required.
author=Frogge
author=sawworm
They can just do that by changing to a shrunken sprite of the character on the worldmap, no script required.
You are right, I'm just lazy enough to put a script for it :^)
I rather not do that...
The game takes it's influences from the Phantasy Star series.. it would just not fit with the theme to add such a thing.
But I appreciate and will consider the suggestion.
Also, I feel like an idiot for not mentioning this.
But none of those maps are gonna be final..
They're just test maps for the graphics.
I was expecting feedback on the graphics, not so much the layout.
@Markus: Well it's a bit of a clash in graphical style between the house, roads and the trees and grass textures. Looks like they are from two different games. The character and houses looks good, I'd try to do the rest in the same style.

--

Work in progress cutscene stuff:
That's cool as hell
I wasn't sure how well Rpg Maker MV can be customised for low res/retro graphics when I first started out, but no major hiccups so far. :)

Don't know how much time I will be able to devote to this, since I have other projects, so wish me luck!
@Red: Thanks!
@Cage: That looks great!
Cage, those portraits are pretty stunning. XD Are they original?

I like the font, too. It suits the retro aesthetic while still being crisp and sharp.
@Momeka:
Thanks! I really like the pixel art and colors used in your shots :)

@Blindmind:
The portrait is original, thanks! :) Sorry for the repetition, but currently that's the only character artwork that's finished and I'm more focused on the technical problems at hand - I still have a lot of the UI to customize/adjust, and I haven't even started on the battles ;)

I've also did the ui graphics and icons, and the font is based on Pixel Play ( http://www.dafont.com/pixelplay.font ) with some manual adjustments. I'm using VictorEngine SFont plugin for sprite fonts.
@Momeka: Great art and animation!

@Cage: That's a pretty nice menu! I appreciate the simplicity of it. The colors are also quite pleasant to the eye.
I noticed most of the comments on the last screen shots I shown was on the town, so I went hunting for a better tree..(I can't draw trees worth a darn..) so I found something for Ace and blew it up and used it in MV.
I also made a different grass tile through some mucking around with some other tiles..

I came up with this...
From what I could tell... there was far too much detail in the trees and grass I was using last.
So I went for something.. I guess simple?
I hope it's an improvement.
@MarkusT:
I kind of liked the old grass tile; I think the major problem with it was that it looked really long but just ended right as it hit the walkways. So it should have overlapped (since it was overgrown) but it didn't, and it made it look like the walkways are floating above the ground a little bit.

The new grass tile isn't bad, but it tiles VERY obviously (as in you can see the pattern it creates). The new trees fit the aesthetic well, though!

@Momeka:
Looking good, as always!

@Cage:
I like the colour and composition and everything of the image, but I see a lot of anti-aliasing. Is that on purpose or a byproduct of MV?

Also, Auron? Come on pal
I'm at a point with the grass where I kinda wanna bang my head against a wall lol.
I'm not worried about tiles that "tiles obviously" honestly.. I'm drawing inspiration from games that tiles would "tiles obviously" all the time so I think it fits.
I rather not wreck my brain with this.
I mean, even the other grass I was using "tiles obviously" so I don't see the issue.
I was focused on making something that matched aesthetically with everything else.
I mean, I honestly hated how detailed the other grass was anyhow.
I like this one more.
Ugh... cause i'm not going for realism, i'm going for in intentionally unrealistic look. The last trees were not like that, but folks said they did not fit.
The trouble with getting feedback from folks, is a lot of folks will probably have different ideas that conflict with each other over what looks good and what works.
I can fix that... it's just a headache at times.
Don't mind my grumpiness.
Frogge
I agree. I'm not saying remove the outlines, but maybe use dark green instead of black.

Edit: I've been playing mystic quest and I kinda wanna do a remaster of it at some point since it's... pretty bad, despite having a lot of potential.

Here's one section of the bone dungeon, remade, and uhhh, here's the full thing recreated. Just keep in mind it's a -very- big image.

This is only half of the dungeon though,despite already having all the main rooms from the original. The rest of it will probably be my own designs since there's still wanna play around more with the concepts introduced in the dungeon. The boss room will probably contain a miniboss instead.