SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

I don't know why we even bother tbh. edit: Shit new page, I guess I'll post something?

Programmed in some music/sound adjustment stuff for an event game I'm working on. Background is from the White Screw Shop asset stuff that's been circulating lately.
@Momeka:
Everything you do looks great! I love that they all share a distinct style.

@Darken:
Make all that text black with a triple gradient please.
I really like what you've done with that background. Is that the panorama chipset in action? Music/sound sliders are criminally overlooked, so I'm glad you've added them!
I see what you did there.

GIF needs to be a video, so we can hear adjustments. But the colors seem to work.
Ramirez can do flips now, while jumping. I just don't know yet what they are good for. Maybe for jumping farer (further?). The downward flip is missing motion blur :D And the framerate fucks it up pretty good.

author=Kaemph
@Darken:
Make all that text black with a triple gradient please.
I really like what you've done with that background. Is that the panorama chipset in action? Music/sound sliders are criminally overlooked, so I'm glad you've added them!

I think? Specifically it's one of these: http://hi79.web.fc2.com/material/back/back_r.html

Something I actually did today for the Fairy Tale event:

@IndependentArt:
Honestly, I've no clue how you did this. Do you hide the actor and then play a battle animation that depends on which direction the actor has previously looked? Anyway, this looks nice. If you want to make Ramirez (?) look even more athletic, it might be a good idea if he could climb walls (or this chariot on the left side of the screen) as well. Take this random idea and do what you want with it. xD

@Darken:
Screen 1:
Looks good. The settings menu is simple and functional. Just like it has to be. ;) Maybe it might be better if the background did not scroll, because it would be easier for the player to focus on the settings.

Screen 2:
Is it the same project as on the first screen? The shape of the fire looks a bit strange to me, but I like the illumination. Looks very atmospheric. If I were you, I would add some smoke as well.

Greetings,
Tw0Face
author=Tw0Face
Screen 2:
Is it the same project as on the first screen? The shape of the fire looks a bit strange to me, but I like the illumination. Looks very atmospheric. If I were you, I would add some smoke as well.

Greetings,
Tw0Face

If I had to say, I'd guess that the thing wrong with the fire is the core should be closer to the ground, and the top part should be more particle. I've seen a fire fires in my day, living out in the country. This looks like one of the special effects fires, not a real one.

About half the height in fire, plus another half in tiny flying cinders.

InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
@Darken- The biggest thing is the fire is like a plume or tower, rather than being more wide. It might also look better if it was like one pixel higher so it looks like it's more naturally sitting on the wood. Other than that I like it's flickering and the animation.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I suppose I'll share a thing or two from my fairy tale game too.

Let's Play is this Frogge's vaporware or will it be completed. Up next is the Skinwalker Wolf. Look at those screenshots... bet you want to play a demo or the game. Tune in next month for the final reveal.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Arcmagik
Let's Play is this Frogge's vaporware or will it be completed. Up next is the Skinwalker Wolf. Look at those screenshots... bet you want to play a demo or the game. Tune in next month for the final reveal.

one thing people should probably know about me is that I've released one or two demos in my life

and I'm never doing it again

ever

it's completed game or no game.

also man I hope I finish this one also because I'm planning to go commercial with it if I do but to be real eh I kinda doubt I will
Went digging through my (ancient) Photobucket account from the pre-social-media era, and I was appropriately horrified. XD A lot of old-school RPGMaker shots.

Here's one of the VERY first screenshots from when BR was little more than a short story I wrote during high school. I think this was 2007-ish?

And for good measure, a shot of a similar area in the new commercial remaster.

Darken: Loving that title screen quite a bit! Did you draw the background yourself?
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I love the two stumps in the character's walking path haha
@Tw0Face
I guess, it's hardly possible in standard RM2k3. I use some plugins, originally dynrpg, now migrated into easyrpg. They help a lot.
Btw: I implemented now that the salto can be used to clear greater gaps.

Pace
Looks good. Didn't know you've been on the road this long too, with this project.
author=BlindMind
Darken: Loving that title screen quite a bit! Did you draw the background yourself?
Nah, I mentioned I got it from White Screw Shop.

Wondering what more I could add/cut down on layout-wise. It's basically the front interior of a mansion. Using a chipset from here. Really tempted to just edit this with custom art but I really want to save time on the event by using preexisting art. Feedback appreciated.
@Blind: Wow that panorama is sick!

@Darken: Nice mapping. I guess you could add some more carpet (link the one in the centre to the stairs'?).

I tried a yellow dust trail on my fairy. The whole thing might seem too shiny, but that's only because it's late night and foggy (the light reflects on the fog, so the player cannot just use the torch all the time).

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
How the hell are they supposed to see then? Is the game just not supposed to be playable at night? The movement speed is so fast that even if the torch weren't awful, they still couldn't see where they're going.
Okay, so the way our eyes work is that if there is light to reflect off of things we will see said things. Having a fairy that sheds light means that you'll at least be able to see stuff around you reasonably well, especially with as strong a light as that fairy is throwing. Instead of making it just straight black for the darkest area, maybe make it darkly opaque instead.

It's impossible to see anything otherwise and no-one likes running around in a game and not being able to see where they're going. Ever.
Thanks for the feedback!

These points (that aren't shown in the gifs) should answer your questions:

- The player can sleep at any time to pass time so the night is never mandatory (nor is the weather, which changes every 4 hours). Though some quests will require a specific time of the day.
- The night isn't as dark all the time. There are basically 6 periods for the day, one of each being the "black night", and two of each being the "early night/early morning" and having a much lighter shade of blue instead (see below).

- The player can use the torch (when it's not raining) or the lantern (at any time) to see better in the dark (but these won't work when it's foggy obviously - but the foggy weather makes the night much lighter anyway).

To sum up, it is indeed annoying to play during that period but there are many options for the player to avoid them (they're only mandatory on specific quest as a balance for the reward). The light effect on the fairy is not meant to brighten the area (the torch/lantern fulfill that purpose), it's mostly for the atmosphere. This time period will definitely get neglected by the player at the beginning (when he has nothing to balance the black night cons), but they might find it interesting once they get further in the game. It's not meant to be mandatory anyway.

Got some pixel movement walking implemented. Need to create actual doors and the rest of the mansion next.