SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

author=LockeZ
I will say that the gray one has a less bad palette, and that might be affecting my decision. Regardless of the history of Batman and how dark you want him to be, the sprite just looks better.

Try this palette for the blue one, I also changed a few details:

I'd probably keep the eyes white and the Bat-symbol black, but I do like that pallette. Now to see if I can change this on Idraw (yep, THAT's what I'm using).

I'll be keeping all suits as alternate costumes (ones designed to alter stats). It will really be a matter of what costume I should start with.

side note; lovve what you did with the belt. Also really like the broader cape edges, and the darker grey. I'm kinda attached to the blue, though. I wanted to make this game less Arkham/Nolan, more comic-booky and it's a very deep blue I've seen in the comics- even some of the 2000s stuff had that style.

But will use this palette on a suit of some description; it really does look fantastic.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Please edit your posts instead of double-posting, as per site rules. Thx
My game was gonna have batman in it, dorkly adam west style. Like your guys don't even want his help, but he MAKES you take him along.
I think I'll go with blue since it looks better /stands out more. Whenever things are outlined in black, anything colored black or dark gray does not work as well. So I say go with blue.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I would go with Adam West style, it's more harmonic. Blue variation is more traditional yet doesn't look as good. I wouldn't go with post-modern black-black combination, cuz every rightful fan knows that the first and the last films of Nolan's trilogy were dreadful (What I like the most about the one with Bane is that the shooting incident was foreseen in Miller's masterpiece).
I don't really know what I'm doing but have some screenshots

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
@Sated-I hope you're planning on adding trees. It looks to empty.
@Shadski-Love that show <3. About your screenshots, I think they are very well done, but those random patches of grass in the first screenshot don't suit the area well.
Frogge
I still think you should use trees. Other than that I love the usage of those cliffs.
❤️ <----- Turns out emoji works
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Sated, I approve of filling it with rocky spikes. You could also add some bits of brown dead grass and small brown dead plants. Stick a giant oversized dragon ribcage on one of those big areas, and maybe an abandoned campsite on another one.
Frogge
I agree with LockeZ, you may want to fill it in a little more. Overall it has a very nice Zelda feel to it. The type of location I've been begging for in rpg maker games.

***Edit***
Alright these aren't the final product. Just a prototype but, what do you think?

Does the first one look a bit too happy for a horror game? It's supposed to be a magical forest and the player must explore 4 different areas(school, magical forest, ghost town and underwater)and collect the four orbs to escape.
The second one is originally made for Maps Weekly! but there will be a similar location in the game.
LockeZ
The first one doesn't look happy but it definitely looks intriguing and compelling. It looks like the kind of place you'd want to go into, not the kind of place you'd want to get out of. So it might not be appropriate for a horror game, despite being an excellent screenshot.
Frogge
I kind of planned that anyway. The first locations will be a bit less scary. You know, start from normal and make the game scarier as it goes cliche.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Hey Shadski. Looking good. Few things. In the first screenshot, I don't think the inner edges should be curved, technically they should be straight because they connect with the cliff rock face going under the cliff's edge.

Screenshot 2 looks noticeably placid, except it looks like the stairs are completely vertical, due to the waterfall on the right being completely vertical and taking up the same amount of wall space.

Third screenshot, I like the lighting. Do you think he should be under the sheets? Shouldn't be too hard to edit in Photoshop.

Otherwise the screens are well composed.
The first screenshot reminds me of Pandora at night, from Avatar. I love ice blue -- it goes really well with the other colours that you've chosen.
Frogge
author=Benjo
The first screenshot reminds me of Pandora at night, from Avatar. I love ice blue -- it goes really well with the other colours that you've chosen.

Hmmm it was intended to be purple, not blue, but ok! Thanks :)

Started working on the outdoor area for Stricken.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=ExtremeDevelopment
author=Benjo
I saw green n' purple, though it's possible the color's richness will depend on your monitor setting.

On the second screenshot, until I looked really closely the door seems like it's embedded in the footpath, but there's supposed to be the beginning of a tower there, I recommend using a dark tone for the tower or make the ground below it shadowed some. Right now it looks really flat.
Frogge
author=BizarreMonkey
author=ExtremeDevelopment
author=Benjo
I saw green n' purple, though it's possible the color's richness will depend on your monitor setting.

On the second screenshot, until I looked really closely the door seems like it's embedded in the footpath, but there's supposed to be the beginning of a tower there, I recommend using a dark tone for the tower or make the ground below it shadowed some. Right now it looks really flat.

This could be the next #thedress XD