SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

author=Craze
i know what site you got that from and that's, like, the only sprite that's not a mostly-naked chick with a triangular rack. hopefully it's a short game with few characters lol...

I actually don't mind half-naked chicks as long as it's their choice to dress that way and not for the male gaze. That said, I've got one of five all-girl characters who is skimpily-clad. That one being Gadgeteer (you know, green-haired girl whose sprite does not look the least bit like she's half-naked but who the portrait maker decided to give cut-away pants to show off panties? >.<; The others are Pink Girl (a dress, so pretty conservative), Ninja-girl (yay for proper ninja attire!) and Elf Boy but is being used as a girl because why the fuck not?) ^.^

But yeah, some of the characters they redesigned are very questionable. I mean, what the hell is with Alexis? And don't get me started on the size of breasts they gave Eva (counterpart character of dude in red armour) or pirate girl (what the hell, I can't tell if they made her top stop at her nipples or if they accidentally used the same colour for skin as the colour for shading) and the short-shorts on Blondie are ridic. That said, there are some neat designs. Monk-girl, banana girl, pinky, ninja girl, Helen (elf-girl), priestess and witch are all decent. But still... Alexis, why are your panties showing?!
author=Liberty
An updated version. Instead of allowing the player to actually walk around on maps, this game will have you interact a bit differently - even in dungeons. It's something like a point and click adventure game, but not quite, where you scroll through points of interest and explore the world that way.
IDK, I'm just messing with it and liked the idea.

So Riviera style? Super cool! I've been wanting to make a game like that myself. Maybe someday...
author=Liberty
author=Craze
i know what site you got that from and that's, like, the only sprite that's not a mostly-naked chick with a triangular rack. hopefully it's a short game with few characters lol...
I actually don't mind half-naked chicks as long as it's their choice to dress that way and not for the male gaze. That said, I've got one of five all-girl characters who is skimpily-clad. That one being Gadgeteer (you know, green-haired girl whose sprite does not look the least bit like she's half-naked but who the portrait maker decided to give cut-away pants to show off panties? >.<; The others are Pink Girl (a dress, so pretty conservative), Ninja-girl (yay for proper ninja attire!) and Elf Boy but is being used as a girl because why the fuck not?) ^.^

But yeah, some of the characters they redesigned are very questionable. I mean, what the hell is with Alexis? And don't get me started on the size of breasts they gave Eva (counterpart character of dude in red armour) or pirate girl (what the hell, I can't tell if they made her top stop at her nipples or if they accidentally used the same colour for skin as the colour for shading) and the short-shorts on Blondie are ridic. That said, there are some neat designs. Monk-girl, banana girl, pinky, ninja girl, Helen (elf-girl), priestess and witch are all decent. But still... Alexis, why are your panties showing?!

I need a link! You never know when you could need these graphics
It doesn't have the whole set but you can find the link in the Resource Museum thread. I didn't bookmark it because I was stupid. >.<; Be warned that there is some NSFW stuff on the site - the creator makes ecchi sprites. If you do use them don't forget to give credit!
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=El_WaKa
author=Liberty
author=Craze

I need a link! You never know when you could need these graphics

You dog ;3

Kinda small in here, ain't it?

Those pillars should form a natural barrier to moving past the grey tiles so you don't really need those red fences. Also, there's purple tile under the pillars at the top (grey tile would fit in better).
Ah, and the walls to the side partitions should be four tiles high since they are aligned with the top of the same roof tiles as those that cover the four-tile high walls. You could, alternatively, introduce a break in the wall tiles to show height differences. If left as it it looks off. And a space at the bottom of the top most indents to match with the stair ones - symmetry in human creations and all that jazz.

The tiles are pretty great and the overall layout of the room is pretty good, too. Even if it's a little small, I think it works well~

It's so nice to see a re-emergence of the 2k/3 tiles! It's been a while since people have used them much. ^.^
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i spent my whole time on gw hearing about how rtp was the devil, and now it's coming back. what the heck.
Suffice to say, GW was fucking wrong as balls. ;p
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Craze
i spent my whole time on gw hearing about how rtp was the devil, and now it's coming back. what the heck.

It was never gone, as RTP is eternal. Aremen.
author=Liberty

I like this idea, but I think is "visually redundant" to have the character's full-body appear twice on the screen. Specially if the character doesn't move... If that blue square in the upper-left side of the screen is the cursor. Then I think it's silly for the character to be commenting on something that it's outside of its field of vision. So at least make it appear to be in the same room as the object in question, or just get ride of it completely, and maybe leave the big sprite as a fixed element on the screen instead.

author=Ashley_Lacure
Decided to start working on my old RM game Revelations. Will be rolling out mrs material soon but just a refresher.

Hmm... You said the same thing the last time you showed up. I hope this time is for real. You're one of the best rtp mappers out there.
Hm... the sprite represents your party (at that time there's only El in your party, but the other members turn up when they're in your group and changes certain things when they're with you). The portrait is only shown when a character talks.

Usually the maps are a bit bigger but as this is El's house, she's home and thus shows up on the map. Each area is a map and there are NPCs, monsters and your party shown on them. It's not quite like a point and click, and exploration isn't the only thing you can do.

In this house you can talk to your party, sleep, examine and use your menu. I don't want it to feel like a visual novel where there's only backgrounds and characters show up on screen only when they talk. I'm not aiming for the Riviera feel.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games

Progress continues! I am aware of wackiness with shadows. They do not layer in a way I am pleased with at this time.

The map should look like a fortress that was grown over, then rapidly retrofitted for active service. It is a very old fort.
author=LouisCyphre

Progress continues! I am aware of wackiness with shadows. They do not layer in a way I am pleased with at this time.

The map should look like a fortress that was grown over, then rapidly retrofitted for active service. It is a very old fort.

Oh my gooood that looks adorable!
Kinda looks like Homework Salesmen, I dunno
I like the battle system!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Liberty
Hm... the sprite represents your party (at that time there's only El in your party, but the other members turn up when they're in your group and changes certain things when they're with you). The portrait is only shown when a character talks.
Wait, who is he talking to in this screenshot then?

Shouldn't this just be an informative text box being shown to the player, rather than a character speaking?
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob

Just felt like making this for some reason. I want to think i could make some kind of modern day detective story like this where a little kid tries to solve a murder... go around investigating people and stuff, write down stuff on your notepad.
@LouisCyphre, those screens look awesome and I absolutely adore the battle HUD. You're such a great HUD designer~

and @CashmereCat, that looks amzazing! You could do something really awesome with that. I especially like the darkness in the tileset and screenshot, giving a somewhat dark and definitely retro/neon look. Also reminds me a sliight bit of Sore Losers: Riot Grrl. (I think it was the use of pink)
Might want to check that out! :D
author=LockeZ
author=Liberty
Wait, who is he talking to in this screenshot then?

Shouldn't this just be an informative text box being shown to the player, rather than a character speaking?
She is talking to herself, out loud. (The other characters do call her out on this, after they join.) I've since fixed the text to reflect that more (originally I had it just as an info box, but I like this better as it gives me a chance to show off the character more. It's a short game. I'll take what shortcuts I can to show off their personalities. ;p )
@CashmereCat, looks pretty nifty! It makes me think of Moonside from... Earthbound/Mother; whichever one it is (never played those games but I've seen screenshots >_<) obviously a much rougher version, but I think it would fit well with a child protagonist.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I've returned to Zenland lately and brought Mace Blue: Chapter 3 bacl to life once again. Here are some screenies with my fake lo-fi graphics. It may look rather Minecraftian, however the real source of inspiration are ol' atari games. Color palette is the one Apple 2 used. Micro-computer couldn't show all of its colors at once, I can and I do.

And sorry for ugly Ms Paint edits.

I definitely didn't expect that RTP is going to become cool again.

Here's my RTP thingy. Unimpressive and remarkable.