SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

@Pizza

I'm totally diggin the style In your screens. It feels very fun! Simple yet consistent . I'm sure its been said but it kinda sorta reminds me of Pokemon games. In a good way! I like it.

@Erave

Man, the colors in your screens are just jaw dropping . Especially since it doesn't seem like many are being used. I hope we can see some vids of your game in motion some time . Every screen you post looks like commercial quality stuff!

@Dookie

Not gonna lie. Mountain faucet has piqued my curiosity ...

author=Liberty
It's been a while since I last posted something here.

RTP.

^.^

YAY! I knew I couldn't be the only one messin' with the classic RTP. High Five!

I'm doing the same with my project. A little RTP with sprinkles if you will. It looks better with the screen tinting effect I swear!:

All the tiles are RTP with simple edits and a few pieces built from scratch. The torches actually animate. I edited it into a character-set by splicing the fireplace animation tiles with the brazier tile pieces. It actually came together better than I thought.
I've updated my previous map's waterfall based on ExtremeDevelopment's comment on the source of the water not being clear. I've moved the source from a hole in the ceiling, to coming from the north end of the cave. This is a lot easier to map, given the perspective.

Hopefully this waterfall works better for you guys. Let me know :)

@SalOMac - I'm loving those overhanging parts of the cave the player gets to walk under. Looking great!
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
SalOmac-Wow, that's possibly one of the best maps I've seen in rpg maek 2003. Sorrt libs.
Ramshackin-Yes that looks better although I still recommend you do some shift mapping at the bottom. Shift mapping is basically when you right click a tile while pressing shift it will copy it as is(this is mainly for auto tiles). If you place it, it will only be placed as the middle tile, so for example you can hold shift, right click a carpet and go and fill the room, the room will be filled with the middle carpet tyle, and it won't have corners(Go ahead try it). The other type of shift mapping I've been asking you to do is, again, while holding shift right click an auto tile. Then while placing it, keep holding shift, and it will only paste the tile you copied. For example if you did it on a corner and placed it, instead of a carpet auto tile, only the corner will be placed like an A5 tile, and it will not interact with it's surrondings, meaning if you placed it on a cliff, the cliff won't be destroyed. Sorry it's kind of a bad explanation, I'm sure if you google it better results will come up.
@Sal: That is a beautiful, beautiful RTP cave. I love how you spliced the rocks together. I agree with tinting too, its one of the most under-used features in RPGMaker.

I know about those hard edges. ><

For this screen, I've been using these trees for a while, but do they need to be tweaked? I know spriting trees in general is a pain to get right and I know atm it just blends a little too much with grass to stand out.
@SalOMac
Those edits are great! The new autotile for the ceiling is amazing and makes a huge impact, and the new rocks fit in while simultaneously taking it to another level. The only thing that really needs work is the transition of the waterfall tiles and maybe some tiles around the big rock in the water (both can be done with charsets if you're out of tiles to use).

@Infinite

Looking good! Is this turning into a bullet hell ARPG?
I agree with Sated.
it has a lot of contrast between warm and cool colors.

Though if you bust out your image editing program, and warm up those cool gray tiles, add some red/brown value to them, same with the grass and large boulders and I know it will look more cohesive.
@Infinite
Looking good! Is this turning into a bullet hell ARPG?
Thanks! Something like that.... Not as intense as a shooter.
author=Luchino

I think the hard edged could work if they were a lighter color maybe? They look like outlines, which is fine, but I think if you made them lighten with the lighter values of the objects they would blend in more. I think the only thing that bothers me about the trees is that it looks like every one of the leaves has an outline. Again, I think it could work if you lighten the edges as with the lighting on the objects. Either way I still dig it. It's cool to see peeps making OG graphics!

author=Infinite

Is that..a sword on the rope? This looks like fun. Dude reminds me of Alex Kid. Boy did I just date myself with that one... Still waiting on that game page though

@Kaempfer
Yeah! hmm, you know what I'm gonna try that. Maybe do a transition for the cliff tiles going into water as well. Has anyone ever done a good waterfall transition?

@Sated & @Dookie
I have to admit I do kinda like the contrast. I'm trying to keep that silliness that the RTP instills in some respects. But I do agree that it may be too much. Perhaps I went a little overboard with the placeables? Here's a screen of it in game with the tint. Does it look any better or does is still bother y'all?

Thanks for the praise as well! Now I don't feel as bad for liking the RTP, lol

That map is stunning! Just consider some simple 8-way movement because you're designing diagonal corridors and these feel kinda clunky on regular 4 direction tile based movement
Is that..a sword on the rope? This looks like fun. Dude reminds me of Alex Kid. Boy did I just date myself with that one... Still waiting on that game page though
Supposed to be a spear, but now I think I'll make some rope swords too lol. I didn't think I should make a game page so early in development, there's no story or characters yet...

Your map looks good btw i like the little tweaks and boulders... but this straight line of pixles is slightly jarring to me...
SalOMac
I actually like it better without the tint a bit better, to be honest. I like the high contrast of it. I'm sick of bland, grey-brown caves being the only ones represented. Infinite is definitely right about that line of pixels, though. Just make that top boulder one big one and it'll look great.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Just a small one today, dearies.

Adding flavor text around thine house.
Dem rocks, doe... So sexy... so so sexy...
@SalOMac Man, that's some tight shit bro. I ludd how tha fuck yo' did da shadin'. Yo''re one rm developa dat i'm actually excited ta peep shit from. kickass work.
I had too much wisecrack thanks ta one homie ova here.
Ah, dat's some dank shit, homie. Yo, don' go forgettin' to check out the new thug notes, thug. Peace!