SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
@Craze: Who names their kid "Wish"?

But those younger iterations of RTP characters are awesome.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=Liberty
Bizarre, please stop advertising your game. LPs should go on your game page under media, not in the screenshot thread.
Sorry! Won't happen again.

Still getting used to how this place all works... my bad.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
my name is wish
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
my name is wish

edit: don't use rmn on a phone, kiddos
Testing out different tints.

Overcast, with a medium rain shower during the day.

Rainfall during twilight/early evening. This screen uses Enelysion's tileset, the above one comes from Tristian.
I was told that my town's buildings were too gloomy for the rest of the map, and that my streets were too boring.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I think the buildings probably need a little more tweaking, but I'm much happier with the street.
@AlphaOmega247
Definitely much better. I think it was mainly the issue of the grass, which is perhaps overly vibrant. Maybe you could tone down the saturation just a tad more? But it's looking good!

Is that some sorta Zelda fangame btw?

@yuna21
Gorgeous! You really have a knack for making the VX tiles more atmospheric than I had thought possible! Great overlays there. I really dig both screenshots. ;D
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Taking away the shadow from the buildings improved the lively feeling of the town.

I found some new resources today for practicing parallax mapping trees.

Decided to start working on my old RM game Revelations. Will be rolling out mrs material soon but just a refresher.

My shitty spelling from 2 years ago

Also any Pixel Artist or editors please PM me I have some commissioned work I'd like done.
Ashley - I really like that first screenshot!

Christamoose - That building with the tan-colored roof in the last screenshot should really be moved down about two or three tiles. You haven't allotted enough physical space for it. In the real world, the back half of that building would literally be going through that giant wall. Also, adding a few doors wouldn't hurt.

author=Blindmind
@AlphaOmega247
Definitely much better. I think it was mainly the issue of the grass, which is perhaps overly vibrant. Maybe you could tone down the saturation just a tad more? But it's looking good!

Is that some sorta Zelda fangame btw?
Thanks! I may tweak the grass a little bit, but the whole game is generally pretty vibrant, so I don't want to change it too much.

And I guess calling it a Zelda game wouldn't be inaccurate. It draws a lot of lore from the Zelda games and plays fairly similar. It doesn't take place in Hyrule, though.
@Christamoose: I'd use the proper waterfall tile (or one with bricks). Having an actual cliff next to walls on either side is very weird. Also, what's with the second arch? It doesn't make sense at all???
Oh, and for the first arch (under the bridge) get rid of the end struts and just use the flat part. It looks less like the bridge is somehow magically hovering over the water with no steps leading up to it. I'd also suggest checking out Shift Mapping and using it on the road to connect to the bridge completely. Also, as Alpha said, move the big house down. The best way to work with width of houses is count how many tiles wide (bottom to top) your roof is, then move the walls forward that many spots from any wall at the back.
You might want to add some longer grass, plants and dirt tiles. Maybe some trees, too.

I question the placement of the cabinets on the wall in the first image. They look odd, even though I know what you were going for. You might want to look in to Lunarea's and/or Celianna's inner packs (you can find them on RMW) as they have actual tiles for that kind of thing. Also, a carpet in the house would be nice. Otherwise, they inners look okay. ^.^
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

@Ashley Lacure- That is godly mapping. I bow down to your greatness.

@Christamoose- First Pic: Cabinets badly placed. Height of walls not consistent. Second Pic: What kind of floor is under that carpet? Third Pic: Shadowing beside houses looks odd when they are next to each other.

And there are free to use non rtp tiles out there. I would be happy to provide some to you from my collection.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence

I am WAY less interested in the MAPPING of this screenshot and way more interested in everything else about it. What the HELL is going on here? Why is this wolf trusted not to eat this chicken?
Magiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic.
No really it's magic
seriously
magic

the game is about magic
magic.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Just terrible, Christamoose. Improve or die.

Lovely use of RTP, yuna21.

And kory_toombs, as much as I dislike you as a person even though you play MTG, that's a very nice screenshot.
It's not RTP, guys. XD Just a bunch of resources I sourced over time.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
I love how surreal everything about Christamoose's stuff is. It makes so little sense it's simply delightful.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
On that note, yuna21 I've noticed some areas that would look better if the structure/cliff had the grass overlapping it. In the first screenshot I see it on one of the cliffs bottoms but not everywhere. Which makes it look square.
I think Christamoose's new maps look a lot better than his/her previous maps. Still kinda strange, though (not really a bad thing XD).

@Kory_Toombs, those trees are great.
@Ashley_Lacure, those maps look nice, especially the forest.