SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

EDIT: You're right. I didn't like that couch anyway. *Tosses out window*

Repost from last page
author=Dookie

Any other Blurred Lineheads around here? Contact me. You too, Lysander.
author=Craze
the rtp has a wider variety of settings than reusing nothing but rudras and suikoden chipsets for six years (and not even having played the games, which is the real travesty). gamingworld more like creative bankruptcy world

dude blindmind i remember your old art for your game where the backgrounds were literally paintings of suikoden tiles. also your mc was "omega" or some shit but mostly i remember you actually convinced somebody to paint suikoden settings as backdrops for your game
Lol queeny much? I don't think I've ever mentioned your games so I'm not sure why you're coming for mine~

But yeah, it was a general sentiment. I wasn't even touching the subject of GW vs. RMN (although I highly doubt anyone active during the prime of that website would argue there weren't many visually dynamic and innovative projects...just as there are here).

author=Dookie
Uhmm.. I just had a heart attack. ;_;
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
those tiles are pretty nice dookie, why are you just remaking some ancient game :<
Craze
i remember you actually convinced somebody to paint suikoden settings as backdrops for your game

Somehow this doesn't sound nearly as bad when NicoB convinced somebody to paint portraits of the Rudra characters as "promotional art" for his fucking tragedy of a game. Christ, that always sticks out in my mind as one of the most mind boggling things I've ever seen come out of RM.

author=Dookie

The perspective gained from the streetlight here is very nice looking. Keep up the good stuff, man.
author=Craze
those tiles are pretty nice dookie, why are you just remaking some ancient game :<

why does anyone do anything?

but really, the games essentially made already. A good game, that hurts to look at. Making the story and gameplay is the part I usually bail on. Gfx are fun and I can always use the resources I create for my own project if I ever make one. Idk.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Dookie

I fell in love with dat hover-scooter! Its so cute. Interesting work with perspective.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
never forget boobledeboo. she was wonderful, and horribly abused by what was indeed a tragedy of a game. she even painted me damon albarn from the "the universal" music video <333333
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Dookie
author=Craze
why does anyone do anything?

but really, the games essentially made already. A good game, that hurts to look at. Making the story and gameplay is the part I usually bail on. Gfx are fun and I can always use the resources I create for my own project if I ever make one. Idk.

I say you just keep at it, because those tiles are splendiferous.

Man, you know you've made it in the RM scene when people make remakes of your game.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Someone go remake M:R with a consistent art style pls.

Oh, uh, right I did actually forge a screenshot recently.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
author=Craze
the rtp has a wider variety of settings than reusing nothing but rudras and suikoden chipsets for six years (and not even having played the games, which is the real travesty). gamingworld more like creative bankruptcy world

Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
@Dookie, that looks very interesting. Let me know if you ever need any help of any kind with it. I was just daydreaming about remaking and finish ABL the other day, but even in a daydream I thought it would never work without a big community effort and I wasn't sure I had the clout to get that kind of event together. But it is the thing I occasionally dream of, every now and then.

I think it would be much better and easier to do an ABL remake in VX (Ace) or any modern engine--if nothing else you could make the Auras system vastly less cludgy with some of the scripts available today, plus you'd be able to easily distribute it to various modern platforms--but I'm not looking to be like, dogmatic about it.

So yeah, drop me a line if you need any help at all with this. I'm not sure what I could do since the story and gameplay are already there and you seem to have the graphics covered, but know that the will is present.
TFT
WHOA wow wow. two tails? that is a sexy idea...
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
not everyone can be ara fell

edit2:
author=ciel

reverse google was entirely unhelpful

What game was this?
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Craze

Come back when VX's RTP isn't godawful.
Unless you're supportive of all things RTP, in which case, welcome aboard, comrade.

I don't need to hide behind pretty graphics.

author=LouisCyphre

edit2:
author=ciel

What game was this?

vaporware/mockup Sure is easy to impress when all you do is screenshot a game and throw your charset on it (and a bad overlay). So effort.

author=TFT

author=Craze

you're a sad strange little man!!
- buzz aldrin ^^
ESBY
extreme disappointment
@Dookie - Really liking that style.

author=LouisCyphre

edit2:
author=ciel

What game was this?

Nope. That's an almost straight rip from Lunar Star Story II. Almost exact. The only reason I know this is that I've been reading an LP of it on SA forums and around the time that screen shows up, there's a bath scene of the main female lead which was talked about a lot (so many quotes).

I support all things RTP... and all maps that make good use of the tiles they're using. Honestly, as long as it's mapped well, IDAF~

You can make shitty games with rips as much as you can make shitty games with custom graphics as much as you can make shitty games with RTP. Just a little something I learned from judging the IGMC.

(So much promise, so many shitty games ;.; )
author=Ciel
author=Craze

dude just DO WHAT YOU WANT AND DON'T BE A BITCH unless you're a boss ass bitch
RTP games are wonderful. Ripped resource games are wonderful, too. REFMAP/theodore/-insert japanese creator- is also wonderful. So are custom graphics! Do what floats your boat and realize what you envision, the rest -- and the haters -- the rest.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
@ESBY: I really like the looks of that. Tell me more about it. Is that charset a custom style?
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
author=Corfaisus
Sure is easy to impress when all you do is screenshot a game and throw your charset on it (and a bad overlay). So effort.

thats weird how the game he screenshotted had seiken 3 and star ocean tiles in it