SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

author=Corfaisus
I'd strongly recommend getting a new background. There's just something odd about a fantasy game having legit Earth and the moon as it's title screen. Also, lens flare is near-always frowned upon, so if you go with something that isn't a photograph (I'd assume that's what that is), make sure to not include it.

Also, don't bother with a subtitle; that'll just add unnecessary clutter to the title screen. Besides, if they ever made an official PS5, the last thing you'd need is something like "A New Dawn" slapped on top of it.

Yeah but I went with earth as the background because I am considering the game taking place on earth in some far off future... considering.
But yeah it is a photo, I suck so hard at drawing more original stuff..
So I went seeking out a space background, and that one caught my eye.
I actually did not add the lens flair, it was in it already.
Welp, back to the drawing board.
-edit-
Okay, I made a new one, this one is based a bit off of PS4's title screen, only I pieced it together from several different things I found online.
Like I said, I suck at drawing up some things.

I'm happy with this, but figure I would see what people think anyhow.
I think the colour balancing has suffered in the new version, Markus. Perhaps pass some sort of blue shading over the background in Photoshop?

Something I whipped up today. The light flickers and the monster heads nod up and down (and open their jaws) in the animated version, but I sadly can't show that off here. It still needs a lot of work anyways, this is more of a proof of concept than anything.
I think what I will do is drop having any planets at all, and just have stars all over. Simplify it.
I've been making a game with custom music/graphics, it's basically just Monita from Nintendo Land collecting gems and avoiding some sort of chest-nut creatures. I've been playing too much Wii U. Butt (hehe) anyways, a screenshot!
It's not very interesting. Just a square with another square on it, basically.
author=SnowOwl
It's not very interesting. Just a square with another square on it, basically.

Well, that isn't really gonna be what the game is like.
I'm gonna go for some better maps in the future :)
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
I think it's quite interesting and I really like the palette that you've used, especially how the front-facing side risen platform is just a darker shade of the green and brown. Something about the perspective might be a little off. A lot of the gems and stuff are front-facing like it's for a platformer but this is a top-down-ish perspective, so it looks a little off. Other than that, looking good.

Ended up scrapping this tile set after all the work. Oh well, it was fun to make, and I have a better, cleaner concept in mind for the next iteration.
How can something get cleaner than that? Some of those tiles are literally a single colour!

I mean, I really like it, but cleaner might not be an appropriate adjective for the next iteration.

yeeeeeeet another tileset that won't ever become anything at all.

or will it? I'm so tired of making "base town" tilesets in all sorts of styles, only to ditch them and not have an idea for a game. (Or rather, not really identifying with any of the ideas, or ending up frustrated and quitting halfway, etc.)

e_e

#rant

and this time I think I went overboard with colors. I'm too used to making everything grey and purple. XD
@Joseph: Those tiles are beautiful, I love the shading you use in your pixel art, and the pastel colours you choose for your palettes. The only suggestion I'd make is to tone down how busy those ground tiles are. They're distracting from those lovely houses and sprites.

As a side note, if you ever want to talk about developing ideas and stuff for games, you have my Skype. I'm having a lot of the same problems recently, so perhaps we could find some sort of solution between us.

@Kaempfer: Yes, but the concept isn't clean. There's no real design going on in the map, and thus it's missing a lot of detail and interest that could be there. Cleaner simply means that the concept and execution will be tighter and more well handled next time around.

In the end it was good for a round of practice, I suppose.

Another screenshot of my gem game!
Central park! Trees! Weird bushes! Levels! Pallete swaps! It has it all!

EDIT : oops
@moose
The shadow under the plants make it look like they are hovering in midair, plus why do only they have shadows?
The trees have some really weird proportions.
The grass and walls looks like plastic.
One of the characters is a brown ball with a face, not very imaginative.
I can't really tell what the other two characters are supposed to be.
The water pool seems to have a different perspective than the rest of the stuff.
Most of the stuff in that picture is at most two colors, use some shading.
@JosephSeraph: I feel your pain, brutha! I've been secretly dumping tilesets on this site for years just because I don't know what to do with them. In any case, great use of Dawn of Souls graphics, simple, colorful, and authentic-looking.

@Pizza: I have no idea what's going on, but it looks frickin' rad.
Looking for some feedback. I know the two trees in the middle look fake. Thinking if i'm going to kick them out or change them.

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
• The sand garden feels a little too squared-off for lacking a border.
• The brush tool to apply textures doesn't really feel right, it looks like a painting more than an actual place.
• The southernmost bush along the coast should overlap the one above it, not the other way around.
• Right before the grass meets the stone near the bottom left, there should be some sort of split in the grass to give it a border.
• Trees don't grow out of rock.
• I'd recommend making the river beneath the bridge a little more curvy. Right now it feels very square.
• One of the fence/torches is being overlapped by a bush.
• There's a sliver of water sticking out through the sand along the coast.
• There's a very obvious break in the road that you should fix. Also, why is there another road sticking out from under the bush in the bottom right?
• You mentioned the two trees in the middle looking fake (I'd assume they're the ones at the sand garden), but I'd also get rid of the flat, "blurry" ones on either side of the river.
author=ErikHolland
Looking for some feedback. I know the two trees in the middle look fake. Thinking if i'm going to kick them out or change them.

Did you mash tree graphics from 100 different games into one tileset? Lol.

Yeah, not to be harsh, but it just looks sloppy. Why are some of the objects low-res and anti-aliased while others are simply pixel-based? I appreciate your experimenting... but it looks thrown together in MS Paint.

Definitely examine everything Corfaisus mentioned, as well as your overall method for ripping graphics.
author=JosephSeraph
yeeeeeeet another tileset that won't ever become anything at all.

or will it? I'm so tired of making "base town" tilesets in all sorts of styles, only to ditch them and not have an idea for a game. (Or rather, not really identifying with any of the ideas, or ending up frustrated and quitting halfway, etc.)

e_e

#rant

and this time I think I went overboard with colors. I'm too used to making everything grey and purple. XD

It's like a 16-bit Final Fantasy Legend! Amazing!
A new map...i tryed to listen to all your advises. So just one maker of trees here

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
That definitely feels more natural, but why does the left roof go from bamboo stalks to thatching? Why not stick to just one kind of roof tile for the entirety of a house like you did with the northernmost one?