SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

It only works with images and font metadata created by the Bitmap Font Creator. The Bitmap Font Creator takes any true type font and you can create a bitmap font out of it. Set the size of the font right (integer multiples of the intended font size), turn off anti-aliasing, and spew it out. You'll get an image with all selected characters rendered to an image and the metadata file to make use of it. The metadata file has the x, y, dimensions, and space after the letter for each character available on the image. The script makes use of both and it'll copy the letter from the bitmap font image to the target bitmap for each letter in the text to draw.
I have a pretty nice 8-bit Sfont that works with the Victor Script, if anyone wants it. At least, I think it works, after getting it to work one time I could never reproduce the results. Go figure. Personally, I'm using the Chrono Trigger font and calling it a day.

I tried to port some of my tiles to a higher resolution (32x32 tiles). What do you think? How would you rate it in comparison to general XP or Ace tiles? Would you like to create a game with it, providing there would be enough different tiles for your needs (like full interior and exterior fantasy settings).
Be honest, I might be working on them to release them, but only if it matches requested quality standards.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The floorboards need some help. The rest of it seems probably fine, but it's hard to tell with those floorboards filling 70% of the screenshot. They're really busy with all the horizontal lines and it's super distracting.
author=Dookie
@Norvus that looks a touch dark on my monitor,

working on some interior gfx, which I never do.
Rich Guys Top Floor Office WIP:

Let's talk about how good looking this for awhile. The only thing I don't like is the way the doorway is trapezoidal. I feel like it would be better off square, despite the angles everywhere else.

@Itaju:
I don't find the horizontal lines on the planks distracting, but I think your gradients could use a bit of that dithering you are so good at. The chair has great detail on the seat thanks to a bit of dithering, but some of the other objects look too... soft almost, and end up looking a bit bland.
@itaju: I agree with LockeZ. The lines on the floorboards are too parallel, causing them to not only not look like wood grain, but to create a false "scanline" effect which is really distracting from the image.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
@Itaju I really love the style. It has a Dink Smallwood feel about it, really realistic textures. I reckon it'd go really well with a Western RPG feel.

@BizarreMonkey That cutscene was very well animated. It was confusing, though. I didn't really know what was going on, but there were nice moments like that cat jumping out of the way to reveal the other cat shooting a shotgun.

@Dookie Good. Really good. Love the perspective. Cool monitor. And the lighting on the ground is a great effect.

@Christamoose Unpredictable, as always. That font is so incredibly hard to read, though. I'd recommend changing it to something more readable. But that dice game looks fun. When you create paths in towns, they should more or less be straight because that path looks like it meanders all over the place, and not in a good way. However, I like those number tiles, and the restrictive lighting system is reminiscent of olden day games. I'm curious to see how some of these puzzles pan out, especially the one with the hearts and the spades. But again, the pixel font for the numbers is very hard to read.

Ok, I did my ABC's tonight, I hope you like it:

Just 4 colors on the floor tiles btw. (5 if you take the dark shades into account)
Like it? More like love it. <3
CashmereCat
I'm just wondering, with floors like that, do you slap down any old wooden plank and hope they all fit together, or is there some kind of pattern?
Those are 2 tiles, 32x32 pixels each. I put them on the map in a

AB
BA

pattern, but you could also use
AA
AA

BB
BB

or
AA
AB

or whatever you want.

I created the pattern so there would be long and short planks once combined. The length also depends on if you use a certain tile consecutively (which might let some planks seem to look extraordinary long).
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Itaju
Those are 2 tiles, 32x32 pixels each. I put them on the map in a

AB
BA

pattern, but you could also use
AA
AA

BB
BB

or
AA
AB

or whatever you want.

I created the pattern so there would be long and short planks once combined. The length also depends on if you use a certain tile consecutively (which might let some planks seem to look extraordinary long).

You turned planks into poetry. Wonderful
@itaju: Those new floorboards look excellent.

Well, I got a new windowskin and a new color for the font.
If this font color doesn't look good I'll have to scrap it :(
I don't like the dark color font. The large pixels clash with the high res of the map.
@Chris: If you darken the window screen and use a white font, it will probably be a bit easier to read. But like Dookie said, low-res fonts don't work well with hi-res graphics. At all.

Testing out different textures. I'm rather pleased with the way my stone texture came out.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=CashmereCat
@BizarreMonkeyThat cutscene was very well animated. It was confusing, though. I didn't really know what was going on, but there were nice moments like that cat jumping out of the way to reveal the other cat shooting a shotgun.
Then it appears I need to work on it some. it is the intro, after all. Basically the story is that Nola's parents have been killed (hence the copious amounts of blood in the first still pan), then the recusant (red cat) saves the black cat from the parent-killers, and let's Nola avenge her loved ones death.

If that wasn't clearly portrayed, then I've got work to do.

Speaking of cutscenes, here's the next that i just finished today. If you don't entirely understand the direction, that's okay, some stuff does happen before that
you would need for context.

I think I'm gonna definitely need to rethink that ambient sound, though.

Oh, and here's a couple screenshots from the next stage.

Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
author=Christamoose

in a small and barely readable font in the middle of a screen, there were a fuzzy number of things that were quite inconvenient to read

author=luchino

You have a major issue with that stone tile, in that it uses three different resolutions/depth of detail all in the same tile. They don't flow together, and all of those styles seem to clash with the solitary chunk of rock bottom-center. Choose one resolution, stick with it, and globalize it for consistency.
Some new shots. We basically re-did the entire game thus far. New graphics and more polish. Hopefully have a demo by summer.

Menu:

Wind Tower:

CashmereCat
I find it funny that Erave's font is very similar to Christamoose's, except one is highly readable and the other isn't. Colour scheme has a lot to do with it, I think. And the spacing between the letters.