SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
It's not? Hm. Well, it's quite a bit bigger compared to the rest of the maps in the game, though that's mostly due to the inaccessible land on the edges. I've been trying to downsize to reduce the emptiness of maps, so making one this big felt like a wrong step.
ESBY
extreme disappointment
@RedNova - I think having the grass tucked behind the cliff tiles would help disguise the squareness. Candacis has some grass tiles that are less square that you could recolour.

aubade progress
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
author=ESBY
@RedNova - I think having the grass tucked behind the cliff tiles would help disguise the squareness.

You and me both. However, unless I missed something, that's impossible.

*sudden realization as I'm typing*

Unless... wait a minute...

*tests*

... I completely forgot you can import A level tilesets as B or higher. By taking off the corners of those cliff tiles and importing them as B level sets, sneaking in long grass underneath those cliffs is easy. i is the dum

Candacishas some grass tiles that are less square that you could recolour.

Excellent! Thanks for the link!

EDIT: Right then, new version:

Grass, imported from Candacis(thanks again for that, ESBY!), has been tucked underneath all appropriate cliff tiles, and stairs have been replaced with slopes to make it look less man-made. Still trying to figure out the difference between naturally barren and lazily barren.

Better?
author=Pizza
Oh, certainly not. They all have something going for them, but I want to strike just the right balance here.

Revisions:

This is feeling very solid to me now, with the grass details and the slightly greener trees. I'd say it's ready to go.

This looks incredible. I love the unconventional angle on the tents (and everything else) that lets you show off a lot of detail on simple objects. It's a great scene, too, with the little camp on the cliffs, maybe a little fortified against who-knows-what. Great stuff.

author=Jude

I forgot to comment on this when I first saw it, but it didn't get any praise and that's silly. This looks really promising. I'm not too excited about a fighting arena type thing, but I am excited about the system being used as a base of something more in depth.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=AquaXranoX
Just a town I worked on.
The image is broken for me

Edit:
Nvm it's fixed. That does not look too bad but that house in the bottom left makes no sense. Maybe some detail would be nice, like flowers and other plants to make it look a little prettier. I love that building in the middle though <3
Perhaps the door can not be seen from the player's perspective? I really like the layout/setting of the town. It reminds of a town I've been meaning to map for quite some time.
author=luiishu535
Perhaps the door can not be seen from the player's perspective? I really like the layout/setting of the town. It reminds of a town I've been meaning to map for quite some time.

Yeah the house's back is facing us. I kinda picked it off from the Seiken Densetsu 3.

@Frogge Thanks~ err.. the house in the middle...I kinda learned from the sample maps :(
@Aqua You probably already caught this, but the tree to the right of the middle building is missing its bottom. Anyway, it looks really cute!

I changed the entire store around. I don't really like the entrance/exit being just black. Should it be a wood floor instead?
Frogge
I think wood floor would look better ^^
Also I hate vx ace's auto-shadows. It makes no sense how it does not go over the b tiles. I like the shadowing and contrast, so good job with that :) It still looks unnecessarily large though, why don't you make it a little smaller so that there is less empty space?

I'm doing something non-horror for once
Non-horror? Then why is that chair upside down!? Something must have happened!

I like your map and the tiles as well (I'll probably buy them later as well, hehe). The size is very good too IMO (I'd probably want to live there if it wasn't for the chair). It looks comfy and realistic. I'm not sure what the stuff on the ground is (above the plant).

Also, I take it that you're using Ace instead of MV. I bought MV, but I'm not even motivated to activate the program due to all of the bugs and added handicaps.
That's a really amazing map frogge!
@Saffie Yeah LOL, I was like...how did this happen? Thanks :) Also yeah, I think a wood floor might be a bit better.
Frogge
author=luiishu535
Non-horror? Then why is that chair upside down!? Something must have happened!

Welp it's a zombie game but not really horror that much. Only with some blood. It's a puzzle game.

author=luiishu535
I like your map and the tiles as well (I'll probably buy them later as well, hehe).

You should! It's really good :3

author=luiishu535
The size is very good too IMO (I'd probably want to live there if it wasn't for the chair). It looks comfy and realistic.

Welp if you would be fine living with a zombie in your storage room.

author=luiishu535
I'm not sure what the stuff on the ground is (above the plant).

Papers :)

author=luiishu535
Also, I take it that you're using Ace instead of MV. I bought MV, but I'm not even motivated to activate the program due to all of the bugs and added handicaps.

Ofc Ace ftw

author=AquaXranoX
That's a really amazing map frogge!

Thanks a lot :D
Frogge
That looks super creepy 0.0
Now that's the kind of horror the gaming industry needs.

I recently got a hold of Pop horror city, but your maps are leagues better than mine, I could learn a thing or two from you.
Ah, I tried making a game with a brighter palette...sorry if the contrast seems high..... I'll fix it if I have to...

you're doing fantastic work, frogge <333333333
also cool screens evrybod
that looks nice skeleshark
really cute
author=Frogge
That looks super creepy 0.0

I know right? I love it <3 but Helfreid (the character) sure doesn't xD

author=skeleshark
Ah, I tried making a game with a brighter palette...sorry if the contrast seems high..... I'll fix it if I have to...

I actually enjoy the colors :0 it looks really neat
Frogge
Thx Joseph :)

Skeleshark, that is adorbs. I really love it, though that bridge makes no sense.