SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
momeka please release karate knight asap. that looks adorable!
I agree with Craze, momeka. We need more cute 8-bit inspired fare.

This was the original tint planned for this area. The cloud overlay is very faint now, but still there.

But I'll look into the character sets ( even if it does mean redoing all of them eventually, but I've got to finish this 30 hour behemoth first ;_; ).
ESBY
extreme disappointment
The colour of the tall grass still looks off and I'd consider redoing the left hand side of the river where the two straight lines meet.

DS is probably the best RTP out of the lot, why they continued with the painted look for MV I'll never know.

And a bigger map of the town entrance.

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I'm not a fan of the town entrance. I dunno why, it just doesn't have the usual ESBY charm. Those other two maps look great though!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
uh the ds rtp looks pretty paintery to me too. it defintiely doesn't follow a limited palette.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Craze
uh the ds rtp looks pretty paintery to me too. it defintiely doesn't follow a limited palette.
It looks low-res enough to slightly resemble the RMXP RTP, which is generally very advanced-level kind of pixel art style.

THIS TOOK TOO LONG

but it looks okay
@Pizza: Okay? That's darned good. And the reflection of the lightning in the water is an incredible touch.

I've been working on an ice-themed area.

That's really nice, Pizza! It kinds reminds me of the opening to Link's Awakening.
Collaborating with a new artist for my Kingdoms of the Dump project. Finally getting further and further away from the " earthbound " look.

@Pizza:
hrrnnnn~
I bet that lightning looks extra awesome when animated.

@dookie:
mother of god

But then regular trees? They seem sort of out of place. whatever that's a stupid comment that looks amazing
Kaempfer
@Pizza:
hrrnnnn~
I bet that lightning looks extra awesome when animated.

Okay:

The whole scene still needs a lot of work. The bolts could stand to be timed better, and the flashes on the scene aren't bright enough yet.
Love that, Pizza.
Oozing atmosphere
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I agree about the regular ol trees, Dookie!
Maybe something more withered or browning would look great.

Because obviously that screen is fucking legit. It's just the trees stand out to me even before I saw Kaempfer's comment.
Anyways, I love the crane!

Also, since I don't know anything about this world and can't comment on the trees or the GRASS accurately, but have you ever been to a dump? There's like no grass in the actual dump area. I'm sure you don't have to go for realism but if anything ever happens in that dump then the grass would be quite dead and smashed into mud.
When you guys say the trees are out of place do you mean stylistically not matching or like the fact that these healthy trees are existing in a Landfill world?
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
@Dookie-I love those trees. It seems that trees in that style are becoming kinda popular nowadays? I dunno I've been seeing similar trees in other games too so yeah :P
@Momeka-That's adorable. I love everything in that screenshot :D
@Dookie:
Art wise it's consistent as heck, and the grass is green enough that the trees don't stand out in that regard, either. It's just that... everything else is so unusual and interesting and then there's, like, Standard RPG Tree #3. They just don't seem to fit with the aesthetic. Scrap mountains, walls of tires, archways of rusty piping, crushed cars and crashed cranes, and normal, healthy trees. My brain is expecting something crazy, like potted plants hanging from a twisted metal sculpture. They just seem oddly generic in a game that is anything but.

@Pizza:
I was right it's dope! You're right about the lightning flashes, though. You might think about lighting up the entire back array of clouds when the first flash hits the lighthouse, and lighting up the front array when the second flash goes. All that dithering's a pain, though, and if you left it like this nobody would mind (except you probably).
Oooh, or dead trees with tyres hanging off the branches to give shape. Or old twisted lamp-posts with barbed wire twined around them, serving as 'leaves'. Or old rubbish christmas trees that were thrown away after christmas, their leaves almost all gone, dull tinsel and broken lights decorating the ravaged branches, leaning haphazardly all around...