SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Cool, but that yellow tree color isn't really popping off the ground very well. I had to zoom in to see those were even trees.
author=Punkitt
Working on more color design for Happup.

Adorable! But I agree with Dookie, the trees are a bit hard to see. ;)
author=Liberty
And place them in strategic areas where the player needs to walk, or can walk as a shortcut. That way they'd have to juggle "do I get a possible bad status and get through faster, or have to deal with monsters and go the long way?"

The hilarious thing I found out about this map, and I don't know if I decided against it or not, is that none of the plants...actually inflict statuses on this map because ???? There's a few areas where you're forced to walk through said plants, or pick a path and take whatever status you get. I tried that in a couple spots on that map but yeah, it could use a bit of a revamp in terms of the flowers. I have a lot more plants that I could use, though should this map really have it if there's a 25% chance of roaming Malboros being here too? Hmmm...
Punkitt
notorious rpgmaker 2k3 shill
Yeah, they're a little hard to see! I'll work on their colors in a bit.

This is a test for some dialogue boxes! These are meant to give insight on the issue and clue you in on the objective. Is it clear enough what happened?
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
They were laughing when suddenly a blue cylinder shot up from the ground and now the white guy can't get back down and that makes them sad? I like it. Such drama!
That's some mad dialogue skills they've got there!
Punkitt
True friends, torn apart by one douchepickle cylinder.
Those birds look too similar to the ones in Monument Valley. Is that intentional or maybe placeholder?
Punkitt
Pretty much 100% intentional.
author=Punkitt
This is a test for some dialogue boxes! These are meant to give insight on the issue and clue you in on the objective. Is it clear enough what happened?

I think I'm getting confused by the fact that the bird is on the left when they're laughing and then on the right when the pillar shoots up. Was there some lost time between laughs and pillar?
@Punkitt oo that looks really pretty! is that the only way characters can communicate? like is there dialogue at all? would be interesting if so!
Punkitt

Switched it around a bit. Look better now?
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"

Some cool guys for the end of Ara Fell!

Looking great punkitt!
Punkitt
Oh shoot! Love the whale and the double-skelly guy.
Thanks, Punkitt. I had fun making these since I love coming up with monsters. ^-^
I think your dialogue boxes became more clear now, it is easy to see the guy's problem.

-from the previous page-
SpicedMocha:
cute style like a drawing...

Pizza:
Your tilesets are so charming, great pixel style
I made title images that show up the first time you enter a new dungeon. It's good to know where you are.

Punkitt
Ooh, nice! I love stuff like that. Makes everything feel more grandiose.
Here's a screen of one the fixed up maps from my game.

Don't be afraid to comment on it.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I actually really like it, but i feel that entrance corridor could be shorter. I personally prefer having it be 2 tiles max. I'd also shift map that table so that it doesn't break the carpet. The area by the stairs has a depth problem, though I'm not sure how I would describe it, but to give you the basic idea, if you are gonna have the walls be 2 tiles high they should be 1 tile high above the stairs, and there should be one more tile extending to the roof like this. Ofcourse the tiles won't be cut-off like mine. I'd move the whole second-floor section up by one tile too along with the stairs. Am I describing this properly?
The last thing I would comment on is the map size. I feel you could move the whole map down 1 tile so that the roof tiles at the top don't look like they are disappearing into nothing.
Otherwise, lookin' real nice.

Working on very blue caves for Songs from Aelsea. They need a lot more pieces, but I'm getting somewhere with them, so it's cool for now.