SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Love the colors Cap_H. I agree with the stone floor tiles looking flat compared to the rest of the set, though.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
ESBY

Pizza
Also: where does a log come from in a cave?

Someone put it there as a joke.

@Cap_H I like those tiles a lot. I wanna use them. :)
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
They look flat. I'm not happy about ground tiles at all. I left them flat after looking at several 8-bit rips, which were flat and ugly. I will make them look right. Grass needs some shading too.
Thanks for your input, guys.

@Esby, It looks more like a gorge to me.
@ESBY:
I like it! I would ditch the log, though. Although it's possible to explain away, it doesn't immediately make any visual sense. As for the cave's overall design, I'd suggest fluctuating between regular boring cave areas and the overgrown stuff (to show where light is filtering down from above), but that's just my own take. Caves are too often just dirt and rock, so a bit of colour is always nice in my books.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
On the other hand, a log in a cave seems like a natural place for a hidden treasure. It would be cool to build game's with flowers between dunes, ice-cream stand in frozen wastes, skeleton in the middle of a residential area.
author=Cap_H

That looks great! I love it.
@Cap_H That design is so amazing. This is why I want to design my own tileset... I haven't posted here in a long time. Had to redo my project. AGAIN because of a hard drive failure. Anyway, Here's my horrible map.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Aqua, I'd change up the rocks and those stumps on the upper part of the map, spread those out! Otherwise not bad :D

Working on space gam.

Slowly, it comes together.

I'm not fond of the dithering I did on the walls so I'll likely remove it, but right now the ship the player is on has its own color scheme (seen here), and the space station's scheme is different, and the planets, well, they're way different. I'll have to post a shot of one of the planets some time. Right now I gotta' make some more sprites.
CashmereCat
Hey Gredge. I really like the spartan look of the environments. I'll venture a guess to say that this is a non-RPG adventure game in the spirit of point-and-click adventures (without the mouse, but fuelled by space-bar interactions)? Oh well, it was a guess.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
@Momeka, @AquaXranoX, Thanks! Here is more and it will be released for anyone to use it soonish.

These are sample maps from the Anti-procrastination thread

@Gredge, It looks good. The problem, you can have with the dithering is that you use it on both ends of walls.
author=CashmereCat
Hey Gredge. I really like the spartan look of the environments. I'll venture a guess to say that this is a non-RPG adventure game in the spirit of point-and-click adventures (without the mouse, but fuelled by space-bar interactions)? Oh well, it was a guess.

I'm glad you like the look! It's actually a traditional RPG focused on exploration as you take your space ship and crew around a couple galaxies while trying to solve a mystery.

author=Cap_H
@Gredge, It looks good. The problem, you can have with the dithering is that you use it on both ends of walls.

Thank you. Good observation, I think that's what bugs me. I'll have to remove the dithering on the left tomorrow and see how it looks.

Great maps by the way. I love the detail on those buildings.

Three more from me then I'm going to hit the hay. I could create a game page for this at this point, but I still don't have a good title. Pretty much the only thing holding me back right now. Also, could use a good font recommendation for this.

And two more in this hidden tag here: image of a planet and what it looks like when your ship approaches a planet.
author=Cap_H
These are sample maps from the Anti-procrastination thread

I don't know how flexible your palette is, but I generally try to use different greens for my grass and foliage because it provides more clarity--otherwise the green all tends to blob together and becomes harder to read. My preference is to shift foliage more towards blue, but it really depends on the area. Right now you're pretty reliant on that thick dark grass to provide contrast against the trees. A very quick color modification yields this:

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Jude,
Thanks for the advice. I will apply it on my next attempt on graphics.
it would look better and I would prefer to stick with the palette. Cuz with this change I would have to make so many more in terms of colors. If anyone ever will use them, s/he can recolor and mod them as s/he wants. For this purpose, the chipset uses Arne 16, which can be easily found by anyone.

@Gredge, that city story banner is sweet. The other screens would benefit from a smaller resolution.
author=Cap_H
@Gredge, that city story banner is sweet. The other screens would benefit from a smaller resolution.

Thanks! I'll see what I can do. I've finished designing my space station, and now I'll have to experiment with breaking it up into smaller maps. I'll post them here, too. Thanks for your feedback!
Haven't posted something here in months.

Part of a new intro.

Maps.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Looks great, Luchino! I can't even nitpick at the moment. I like the water depth in the last screenshot
CashmereCat
Wow, Luchino, your tiles are cohering really really nicely. Well done.
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"

I'm working on the Fey remake, doing a prototype for the game in game maker studio, today's progress included setting up hitboxes and attacking