SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Been working on the first new set of maps since the demo release. It feels good to get back to mapping after so much time on polish and bug fixes.

This one's a forest on the outskirts of town.

Those crystals in the first pic are for a minigame, so their placement is more mechanical than aesthetic.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I like that bridge and tree bridge, ram!
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=InfectionFiles

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO SAY THAT also I love love that honeycomb entrance so nice

Daily reminder that Xeno is a terrible mapper. This is the best I could come up with for this room. I was going to make it into a library-esque room, but finding places to put bookshelves on this tileset was...annoying so I gave up on it for now. It still looks super bland and boring though...ugh...

By the by, that E on the table is a book that's meant to tell of the hints needed to progress in the dungeon. I don't know if IT will have the hints, or if the hints should be in other parts of the dungeon that you CAN explore without having to open up any pathways or what...

Once again, daily reminder that Xeno is a terrible mapper.
You could easily get rid of a few tiles of space by tightening the room up a bit around the edges. Remove the columns - you've only put them there to fill space, which you shouldn't do. Make a room size based on what needs to be there, don't fill a room with stuff just because you made it too big.

What needs to be there? The book on the table.
So:
- shrink down the doorways/hallways a bit
- remove unnecessary items
- have enough room to move around the book easily enough (2 tiles at most is necessary unless there's other stuff needing to be in the room)
- after that add decorations

You -are- getting better, though.
Eh. I decided to ditch this room and go with the library look because...reasons. So here's that map, but different (and better because I took the time to customize the tileset, which took a good 1-2 hours of doing...).

Same deal as before with the 6 events (4 are pillars, one is a torch, and the middle is a book. I didn't have 6 different pillars to activate so yeah) and the book being there. Better than the old room?

EDIT - As for the hallways being that way, I forget why. I usually go 2-3 spaces for hallways in general, but was going 3 so that if there were pillars in the hallways, then I could use those knights there as a way to block passage forward until puzzles are solved. Something like that.
author=InfectionFiles
author=Frogge
I WAS JUST ABOUT TO SAY THAT also I love love that honeycomb entrance so nice

Thanks! I was stuck for a while on that honeycomb entrance. I knew I wanted a royal cave for the queen bee, just had no idea what it would look like. Now I need to figure out what the inside looks like.
If you send me the bookshelves, I'll recolour them to be a little less saturated and fit the colours of the rest of the tileset. Or just PM me the tileset, that'd make it easier.
Got started on the graphics for the outside areas.

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I like both. Top seems more attention-catching though. Players might have trouble realizing that there are actually item descriptions at the bottom >.<
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
That's awesome, Sated. Lookin good!

@Infinite- Thats cute!

@Momeka- I like that art style, very smooth.

This look good, very Earthboundish. The perspective of the trees are off however (seen from the front) while the rest is seen from the top.

Also, the flowers are from Mother 3 right? Also:

Yeah, it's Android arts generic 16 color game palette.

I think that's something you might want to put up when posting a screen for the person who put up the palette together.

I think you are at that step of slowly distancing yourself from Mother to create your own thing which I personally look forward to.

EDIT: Also, the creatures are also seen from the front instead of the top like the rest of your stuff.

@Sated: I prefer your original, neon-flashy art.

EDIT2:

I like this too. The texture for the road is subpar the rest of the screen however, probably because you used less color there than the rest of your screen I'm wrong about that, don't really know why it seemed that way to me.

Keep it up!