SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

@Sated; That's about as nice as you can make rm2k RTP look. Nicely done.

I'd suggest adding some variety to the road, though. Maybe parts are covered with snow, and you can make it move a tile to one side or the other for some variety.

Anyway, here's some progress being made on Rise of the Third Power.

edit: This is 100% custom artwork, except for the panorama behind the window, which is a placeholder. It's meant to match REFMAP's style, but there are no REFMAP graphics in this screenshot.

Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
That's beautiful Badluck! :D
The light from the windows is cool too! I'd move the table with the mirror back against the wall though!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
This is getting better with every screen. The purple hits me. I want to make a purple game too.

░▄██▄██▄░
░▀█████▀░
░░░▀█▀░░░
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
There's a bit of pixels clash in that(as in, 2x2 pixels with 1x1 pixels)and it's pretty noticeable. Maybe you could try using 1x1 sprites and resizing the screen to 2x2 instead? Otherwise, looking real nice!

Speaking of that, here's a 4x4(and 2x2 font because otherwise it's too big rip)little game I'm making.

And by making I mean I literally started working on it a few hours ago

Everything except the font is drawn by me :D
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Frogge i thought you were working on the mcbacon game! Your screen looks amazing in its proportions and composition, by the way, as does infinity's animations.
Yeah, I do. This is actually a mockup Caladium made, but there are a few things I want to change in that regard. I think the shadow on the headboard may need to be tweaked too so that the top part is lit up, but the vertical part is shadowed.
Infinity, that looks amazing!

Just testing some things.

author=Frogge
There's a bit of pixels clash in that(as in, 2x2 pixels with 1x1 pixels)and it's pretty noticeable. Maybe you could try using 1x1 sprites and resizing the screen to 2x2 instead? Otherwise, looking real nice!

All the pixels are scaled up from 1:1 to something like 1:4 by unity... I'm still learning best practices for dealing with pixel art with unity. There's some trickery involved for getting it set up properly, and I don't think I did it correctly, but I don't want to drive myself crazy trying to be 100% authentic. Things in the game world move between pixels so everything is really smooth, but sometimes the pixels just don't line up and I end up with those sub-pixel issues. The font's have been troublesome because their size is determined by the game's resolution.

But thanks for the feedback guys!
Looking good everyone.

First look at the Laundry World, Detergeos from Kingdoms of the Dump

Still messing with these new tiles from our map guy
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
These are tiles?
I would hang it on the wall.

Edit: It better than bloody Mona Lisa.
It's a bit rough around the edges (and with no events or enemies yet); but I wanted to try a more distinctive variation on the typical "cave" dungeon; I edited in a lot of foliage, waterfalls, a subterranean river, etc. There are little passages where the cave opens up as it spirals around the mountain, so it sorta works as an exterior dungeon too. I may strengthen or lessen the light beams as well.

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=Dookie
Looking good everyone.

First look at the Laundry World, Detergeos from Kingdoms of the Dump

Still messing with these new tiles from our map guy

Holy mother of hell. That is nice.
Punkitt
notorious rpgmaker 2k3 shill
@Blindmind Looking fine!
@Dookie jesus christ
Infinite >> This looks so cool !
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats

click for secret

I'm realizing my dream of making a minimalistic game. First concepted in January of 2015.

Some things have changed over time, but the core remains the same.

A gamepage is coming soon.
The ground is too messy, making it hard to see what's going on. Swap the ground and the water (?) on the first screen and it would look better.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I like characters, they got a catmittsian vibe. Owl is right that you should go with a clearer look for the ground. Especially because of the elegance of the black surrounding it.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

This is the world map image that will appear on the mini map in your menu when you get the world map item. I had to take screen shots of every map and piece them together in gimp to make this. (Some details can't be seen because it's so zoomed out.)