SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
You should make a huge image and link to it, this way we can see the details better.
I honestly can't comment on this pic, it's too zoomed out.

I've now added caves. I still cant enter them but its a start.
I will try and get started on cave interiors tomorrow

\/\/\/ This one is cooler, but it's big!

Still developing mechanics and art style. Haven't settled on a story yet, still cooking.
smashing the enemies into explosions of coins looks fun ^-^
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
So here's some screenshots from the first act of my new RPG in the works, Forsaken Isle...

The party outside of a forsaken isle's fortress.

Despite all its rage, it's still just a monster in a cage.

Exploring the decrepit fort on the island, the left wing of the lobby to be specific.

Amidst a battle against ghouls, the heroine Tawny casts her healing spell.
@Infinite: Every time you post a screenshot it looks like your game has gone through eight months of intensive development. It just keeps looking better and better! I think the art style is great as it is now.
If you've been following Chronology, you've seen this already, but I wanted to see what a wider audience thought.

InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Are those quests or interesting npc dialogue, Feld?
As quoted in my gamepage;

author=me
NPCs you can talk to. I wanted to make towns/etc more alive and filled with people, but it would be impractical to enable the player to speak to them all. The '!' lets the player know who they can talk to, think FF12 if you've played it.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I actually like that alot! The cities are full of life yet only with world building or story/quest information.

It's a nice touch
@Feldschlacht: Maybe try adding a differently coloured building, it's a bit too brown right now.
Looks pretty great otherwise. ^___^

Working on a Dragon Quest-esque (Dragon Quesque?) game right now. Here's part of the world map!

its an adorable world map

its super bright
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
What an inviting world! But whoa! That pink is way too bright and saturated in my opinion. Other than that, the map looks lush and bouncy and well-composed. I especially like the edges of the grass, and how they're all "poofy".
author=Kaempfer
@Infinite: Every time you post a screenshot it looks like your game has gone through eight months of intensive development. It just keeps looking better and better! I think the art style is great as it is now.

So glad to hear/read this! Thanks!

@Byah, I like where you're going visually... The pink tree tiles kinda look like mushrooms. Not sure if that's what you were going for. I do like the rest of the colors though!

Screenshot of the first mission of after tutorial :D
Sadly enemies/npcs are missing from it because I'm a bloodthirsty idiot and killed them.

Trying my hand at making maps. I'm no sure if it looks to cluttered.
chilly- I would have the back wall have the light tone and have the two side walls have the dark tone.

Also that "in-between" diagonal wall looks weird, i would just have the 45 degree diagonal go all the way like how Earthbound does it.

This angle has it's problems but it makes rooms look more dynamic in my opinion.
:)
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D

Finally found the time to adjust the Status window for the equip scene. Since I'm not using Agility and Luck, omitting them from the menu left a pretty conspicuous blank space. Now I'm wondering if the stats are easier to see or if this blank space looks jarring as well...
I don't think it's cluttered... but I'm a little bothered by the perspective shift/line-angle at the back of the room.

you pretty much have to change it since I worked so hard show this example.
I don't think all rooms NEED to be square. This is a game not Flip This House. You haven't seen the outside of the house. What if it's shaped that way? If it bothers you then it's more personal preference. It looks fine to me. Perhaps make an extra vertical line to indicate where it bends. Like you can see on the baseboard.

It's not cluttered but it's messy!

@Feld Maybe try and get objects other than barrels and boxes. They are way too common in games and a place is more lively when it has more varied objects.