SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

I'm doing some pixeling, getting a volcano/fire dungeon tileset. Things are coming along.

Next steps are some lava and water tiles.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Frogge
It's a foggy night
You sure it's not a froggey night?..

@narcodis- I like that, looks great!
Some of you may have seen the game page is up, but I thought I'd share the trailer here too.

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc

Been working hard on this ''found footage'' horror game for 2 days now.

My two days of dedication must be an inspiration to you all.

Ps:

Footage found in Lakitu's camera
Frogge
author=Kaempfer

I actually originally had only what was infront of the player visible, but it made navigation too hard because you could barely see anything, so I figured ''whatever, better not make sense than completely block out all vision.''
author=Frogge
author=Kaempfer
I actually originally had only what was infront of the player visible, but it made navigation too hard because you could barely see anything, so I figured ''whatever, better not make sense than completely block out all vision.''

Couldn't you have tried to increase the radius of the sight or something? I mean, how did that look like?
I don't think there's anything wrong with an overhead camera being used for a horror game. As long as Frogge is aware of how to spook the player (which it appears they are) then all's well. I just wanted to make that joke.
Frogge

Roughly what it used to look like.
Yeah, looks allright to me. If possible I would give a small aura of vision around the player as well, just so you can kinda see where you can go.

Also random idea: specteral figures that are only visible in the darkness around the player. When you turn to look at them they disappear.
Frogge
It's not darkness, the blackness is still just as visible, but not to the camera recording the events.

I don't think I'll be going with it. I think it limits vision a little too much, I want the players to be able to see my beautiful mapping.
@narcodis - I like your color palette. I wouldn't mind seeing more of your tilesets!

@Frogge - love the look of your new maps. They're dripping with atmosphere that makes me want to explore.
Frogge
author=Sated
author=Frogge
Roughly what it used to look like.
This would be okay if the transition wasn't so harsh. If you had it gradually fade to black then this would be pretty cool.

EDIT:

Apparently the quote function is still shit. Some things never change.

Again, that wouldn't make sense, because it's not darkness, it's what the camera is recording. Field of vision doesn't fade to black like that I'm pretty sure. That would imply the camera has a darkness effect around the corners.
@narcodis - Beautiful work. Can't wait to see what you've got in store.

@Frogge - All that in two days? Damn... I really need to get off my ass. Good stuff! I love how atmospheric your maps are.

Some recent screenshots from my game (which desperately needs its game page updated oops)

Frogge
As per usual I have started a new project

Yes btw it is entirely set underwater
Frogge
HEY, I worked on it for a third day before kinda abondoning it >:(