SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Kaw!

I'm working on a new menu!

* George_LN drew the pretty interface and HUD, and skill icons, and much more.

(This is the old menu. The new one goes along with the new hud style)
@East, man that is a great improvement and so much easier on the eyes, really cool design

@Sated, nice old school style and it looks like alot of fun to play, animations are pretty smooth
@East: Nice improvement! The green exclamation point is a nice touch.

@Momeka: Caww-caww?
@Luii: Oh yeah, right, "Caw" is the noise birds make. I should fix that. Thanks, Luii.

Edit:
Summoning minions, still kinda wip.

Love it, Momeka! Solid visual comedy. Always good to see!
lovely work y'allo

RIP me, attempting a more versatile and code-optimal dungeon crawler on 2k3 using the new 1.12 version display picture functions
(notice the map refresh lag, which is totally an aesthetic choice COUGH)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Oh my god doing this in 2K3 sounds like a living nightmare
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
LockeZ
Oh my god 2K3 sounds like a living nightmare
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Craze
LockeZ
Oh my god 2K3 sounds like a living nightmare

2k3 is best. Viva la 2k3.
Frogge
Plus, nightmares are the best. They're like watching horror movies in your sleep. I love having nightmares.

It was pretty simple actually! The annoying part was doing the Label loops to assign Region IDs to variables, the the second series of Label loops to translate this info into specific variables assigned to each of the ~80 or so show picture commands (that just have to be set up once, because of 1.12's new variable pointers function)

the downside, however, is that this can't calculate direction of stuff like doors. I could make a maze with no doors however, only columns or something like that, but... lol

this has actually been done before on rpg maker 2003 a couple' times, but I was just wondering what sorts of systems would use rm2k3's new 1.12 picture functionality to run in very little code. This first person dungeon crawler runs in like 50 lines of code.
author=JosephSeraph
Words

Um, that's nice and all but why did you repost my screenshot, lol?
Frogge
Probably because yours was too big and his helps people see the full thing more easily.

I'd say the map is quite bland. Also, it may just be a personal preference but I really hate 1 tile wide passages in my dungeons.
author=Frogge
Probably because yours was too big and his helps people see the full thing more easily.

I'd say the map is quite bland. Also, it may just be a personal preference but I really hate 1 tile wide passages in my dungeons.

That's the resolution it's in my game. The forums in here don't autofit to larger resolutions properly.

just because i can post a full resolution pic it doesnt mean i should
That's not a screenshot from your game or my name is King Kappa.

Again, it's these forums, not the screenshot. Other forums where I post autofits the screenshot properly so that when you click, it shows the original resolution but otherwise resizes it to fit the message width.

Besides, the whole website suffers from this problem that makes all the big resolution images like this, even though there's tons of space on both left and right side.

https://rpgmaker.net/games/9940/images/78099/
Frogge
author=Tuomo_L
That's not a screenshot from your game or my name is King Kappa.

Pretty sure Jo's point wasn't that it was from his game