SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Wow, thanks for the nom, InfectionFiles!

As for the research process, I started with photos, but that wasn't giving me enough, so I then did a video search for Edinburgh Airport. Luckily, there was a detailed BBC documentary on the place, so I grabbed that from YouTube, watched it a couple of times and grabbed screenshots for reference.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=PineBox

For reference!

And ahh, that's some good in depth study. The details show the work put in. It's just such a unique area (and game!) and I just love your art style.

More people need to do their homework cause it really pays off!
Been messing around with it some more. Which one do you guys prefer? I'm unsure if I should stick to the old look or go for the new one.

author=Momeka
Which one do you guys prefer? I'm unsure if I should stick to the old look or go for the new one.

Number 2, I'd say. The new colour scheme of number 3 seems out of place with the nasty things that appear to be going on in the room. The inclusion of the green outline for the walls in 2 (as opposed to 1) gives the space a stronger sense of definition.

That's my take on it, anyway.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
2 or 3
3 is clearer, but I prefer visible room outlines.
I agree with Pine, that outline is better than not. It gives you clear sense where the room ends and where it continues to another map.
3 is nice in that way that being only blue, it lets your eyes rest. And it looks better perspective-wise. Green bricks are strangely positioned in relation with grey panels. Tops of the panels are on the same level as the greens and their bottoms are behind them.
Okay, two it is. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it!
author=Blind

Nice! That reflection and background image is amazing.

Started on the Level 2 Dungeon Tileset: The Haunted Mansion.
After doing alot of studying and contemplating I decided to drop the "Zelda 3" like expanding view from all tilesets and they are now squared up.

Looking good, SevensAce. However, that map is a bit bigger than need be. There's a lot of empty space that could be eliminated if you move the walls in a bit and make everything closer together. I'd also suggest changing up the placement of the furniture a bit - maybe the couch and endtable could be a bit closer to the center, near the rug, and bookcase could be against the wall instead? If you think of rooms in real life, you may notice that people don't usually put their couches in the very corner of a room.

I love the graphics. They look wonderful.
author=dethmetal
Looking good, SevensAce. However, that map is a bit bigger than need be. There's a lot of empty space that could be eliminated if you move the walls in a bit and make everything closer together. I'd also suggest changing up the placement of the furniture a bit - maybe the couch and endtable could be a bit closer to the center, near the rug, and bookcase could be against the wall instead? If you think of rooms in real life, you may notice that people don't usually put their couches in the very corner of a room.

I love the graphics. They look wonderful.

Thanks, yea the rug could be bigger for sure, the furniture placement is awkward on purpose and that is because the wizard was very isolated and into his study more than anything really, I will keep those tips in mind.

Here is another random room.

That chest is drawn at a different angle than almost everything else. Unless it's supposed to look like that as a power-up or door or something. The candle holder on the table is at the same angle as the chest, and looks out of place too.

Thanks alot Suzy, yea the chest is really hard to get right, I spent awhile fiddlin with it too. Glad you mentioned the candles, I'll fix that next.

In the meantime I'm experimenting with colors of the GUI and making huge progress with the forest tileset and character sprites.

Level 2 - Path to the Haunted Mansion

Here is another concept shot for a dungeon that appears in the later half of the game.

Level 9 - The Chambers of Shendiah

I agree. Moon dude is cool. I also like those neon lights/borders.

The mix of sort of fantasy/horror in these picture is interesting.
@Momeka I am utterly in love that style
the way the penguin walks is cute ^^
Adventures of Dragon is finally getting close to release, I made a new trailer to celebrate this fact