SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

So I recently changed the game's message text font from small "Calibri"...

To a slightly bigger "Coolvetica"...

This was to help readers (especially those with not so great eyesight) to see text more easily. However, I'm debating changing the text color to white...

I don't know if that's too bright or not, or if it's just me? Also, some font suggestions wouldn't hurt!
I feel your second picture is perfect. The font + color fits the vibe I'm getting from the character portrait. The white font might be a bit bright.

edit: also that character portrait is great
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Oh my god that art is adorable
author=Ramshackin
I feel your second picture is perfect. The font + color fits the vibe I'm getting from the character portrait. The white font might be a bit bright.

edit: also that character portrait is great

So the gold-ish font is easier on the eyes, I see! I may also look at using a non-perfect white, too.

author=Frogge
Oh my god that art is adorable

Thank you! The artist is Kaibuzetta, and she does some really great art!
author=dethmetal
I like the RMXP RTP more than that of any of the makers that came after it. The screenshot looks amazing, by the way. Is that tileset edited or is it one of the default ones? It's been a while since I'm used RMXP.

My only suggestion is the window - as it is, it looks like it's just a big gaping hole in the wall. Is there a window tile you can use, or some sort of transparent "glass" tile? And if it's not supposed to be a window, perhaps there should be a railing of some sort in front of it.

Just vanilla RTP out of the box.

The gap is a window is just a placeholder in till i find something better, so i just went with the panorama. Its the door onto the balcony, the curtains get closed during the cutscene so its only seen for a matter of seconds anyway.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
mctricky, i'd just include the option in your game to swap between the golden and white fonts. i have a hard time distinguishing colors and the white is FAR easier for me to read.

edit: and DEFINITELY the bigger one. the smaller one is painful
author=Craze
mctricky, i'd just include the option in your game to swap between the golden and white fonts. i have a hard time distinguishing colors and the white is FAR easier for me to read.

The only way I can think of how to do this is to change the Windowskin mid-game, but I'm not sure how I would go about doing in VX Ace/
I haven't contributed to this thread in a while! My game is close to having a full demo which is when I will launch the page for it on here, but heres some more screens for your approval of some battlers and some UI.

Thoughts?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
McTricky
Craze

The only way I can think of how to do this is to change the Windowskin mid-game, but I'm not sure how I would go about doing in VX Ace/

learn to code or bribe a friend. changing a font is not difficult, and building that confidence will help you make worthwhile projects
Main menu testing. Will probably be the first game where I make 0 maps.

author=polarcactus
Main menu testing. Will probably be the first game where I make 0 maps.

Dats hella nice!
author=McTricky
author=Craze

Himeworks has a windowskin changer script.
Vandriette
"The purpose of life is to end." -Agent Smith

Don't normally post these here, but it's the first time my maps are actually using tiles(well, sort've). Specifically, from pixel myth germania. It's a hybrid map of sorts.
Is it underwater? It's giving me one hell of a "Shape of the Water" vibe.
author=SgtMettool
author=McTricky
author=Craze

Himeworks has a windowskin changer script.

Oh man that is a game-changer! Cheers for that!
Polarcactus: WOW! Did you make all of those graphics yourself?! I wish I had some advice, but I don't. So just know that I'm in awe.

That looks amazing, Architect! The atmosphere is simply wonderful. The water seems to give off a cool glow. Are those default resources?
ESBY
extreme disappointment
hi craze, i did this map for the birthday thing. i hope you like it.

also, happy groundhog day sweetie
Some gameplay. Still a lot of placeholders to replace at some point. Thought about getting something playable done for the anniversary deadline but I highly doubt it.
Quick tile test I did for a friend's game.