SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Quick test using some of the tiles I commissioned. They're a bit more low-res/minimal compared to what I'm used to, but they're the first original set I've moved forward with, which is exciting. XD

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
That’s gonna be picture of the moment, I’m calling it
author=PepsiOtaku
author=Momeka
Not rpgmaker, but here is something I've been tinkering on the last few days:
https://i.imgur.com/XSDbW35.gif

and a level editor for it as well
Having played the dos catacomb games back in the day, I am loving this!

My non-RPG Maker project from the past couple years (aka why Everlasting Journey isn't done). Been makin' a space racin' game.

The AI (red car) is still very primitive, so it does some jittery stuff.

That is amazing
I picked up RPG Maker (2003, largely for reasons of nostalgia and familiarity) recently for the first time since I was a teen, and have been working on a demake of Phantasy Star Online that reimagines it as a single-player, 2-D turn based game in the visual, gameplay, and storytelling style of Phantasy Star IV on the Genesis.

I doubt I'll have time to finish the whole game from a graphics perspective alone, never mind everything else, but I'm having loads of fun so far, and as I have most of the Pioneer 2 finished and I've drawn most of the Forest's enemies already, I'd like to finish up to the end of the battle with the dragon at least. :D Nearly done with the CBS (is that still a term used in the RPG Maker community?) now!

author=PepsiOtaku
My non-RPG Maker project from the past couple years (aka why Everlasting Journey isn't done). Been makin' a space racin' game.

The AI (red car) is still very primitive, so it does some jittery stuff.

This is absolutely gorgeous! The scrolling reminds me a lot of old Sega games like Super Hang On and Outrun.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
maija. i appreciate what you are doing except that you have help menus telling you what the spells do? so that's pretty unfaithful.
author=Craze
maija. i appreciate what you are doing except that you have help menus telling you what the spells do? so that's pretty unfaithful.

Hahaha, I was wondering if / kind of hoping that someone would make this comment! Good old Phantasy Star and its cryptic spell names / item functions. :P Decided to make a few concessions to modern design sensibilities for the benefit of those who don't know their Foi(e)s from their Flaelis, just in case I make enough progress to release it someday.
I will only play if Bernie mentions he has the knack before opening every locked door.
author=Ramshackin
I will only play if Bernie mentions he has the knack before opening every locked door.

There's a reference to Bernie having the knack in my Forest script already. :D I've been treating the project as much more of a loose reimagining than a one for one remake, and have been playing it fast and loose with most aspects of the game, dialogue included. But there was no way I was losing that particular gem.

My game is still alive and well!
Just chilling in the woods.

Really having fun with Time Fantasy, it's a nice style. Also, it just feels nice to be posting something that's not a fan game again.

Tough competition in this neighborhood.
I've always wanted to re-imagine FFL3.

Edit:

Edit2:

Finally working on the full game version of Shooty and the Catfish. Huzzah!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Link, that is a VERY LARGE SWORD. Probably too big, even with the hyper deformed chibi pixel graphics.
I have a RenPy maker (iiCharacter Alpha) so yeah, RenPy characters in RPG Tsukuru 2003. I'm probably the first one to pull off dating sims in this engine.

Basic test

Two characters

Customer/counter test

These super-big resolution pictures, by the way, are because of OpenGL.

author=LockeZ
Link, that is a VERY LARGE SWORD. Probably too big, even with the hyper deformed chibi pixel graphics.

I have more an issue with the blue-background ninja guy. The super-large sword is consistent with the sort of silliness I'd do. As long as it swings well, I have no complaints.
Frogge
You’re definetly not the first person to pull of a dating sim in 2k3.

Also, I think it’d look best if you didn’t show everything all the way down to their feet personally. Maybe kinda like the counter one, bur bigger and below the windowskin. That’s how most VN games do it (or even just rm games with custom art) and I think it looks best.

Also, agreed with LockeZ on how the sword looks terrible due to the pixel clash. The size of the sword itself isn’t the problem, it’s the size of its pixels.

finally put this project out of its hiatus misery :)
Frogge
Insert my obligatory pixel clash and autoshadow complaint here.
author=Frogge
You’re definetly not the first person to pull of a dating sim in 2k3.

Also, I think it’d look best if you didn’t show everything all the way down to their feet personally. Maybe kinda like the counter one, bur bigger and below the windowskin. That’s how most VN games do it (or even just rm games with custom art) and I think it looks best.

Also, agreed with LockeZ on how the sword looks terrible due to the pixel clash. The size of the sword itself isn’t the problem, it’s the size of its pixels.

How would you know what kinda style they have unless you see their shoes?

But seriously, I think my thinking here was to distinguish characters standing behind counters vs people just standing up full. But it looks really really weird when you scroll that picture right, and find the main character facing someone behind the counter shorter than them. I wanted them slightly smaller, by pushing them back, but it wound up looking either like floating footless people or super shortness.

Is that guy lifting a grandfather clock?