SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

ROADSIDE
A video starting from the roadside by Eden Hall, a game under development at the moment, still in its early stages and is a revamp of a project I nearly finished in VX years ago but lost the files due to a virus.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=McTricky
I was messing around with the Show/Move Picture commands and Photoshop the other day, and I ended up making these cool cut-in animations for my game. Inspired by Danganronpa.

Quoting this for the page break and because it's awesome. Nice work with this!

@Martimus- Your link is broken :(
For future reference, you need this kind of link to use with youtube tags: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c82-9Un83y0
Painstakingly replacing every ripped tile with an original counterpart (..with some Refmap for good measure). XD

Anything seem out of place?

InfectionFiles
The tree seems out of place, to be honest. It's too faded/blurry? And it seems like the leaves are cut off where they meet with the wood.
@IF: Hm, I did add a tiny bit of noise to protect from theft (and an overlay). Maybe that's the blur you're seeing? Or did you mean the palette itself?

And point taken about the bottom cutoff! That tree originally had a different trunk, so maybe I didn't mesh it together smoothly enough.
InfectionFiles
That might be what it is, for sure if it's a cloudy-ish overlay*. But it could be that with everything so vibrant it stands out the most as being so pale, if that makes sense.

edit: *Or sun ray overlay
EDEN HALL EXTERIOR

What you guys think?

Messing around with a new font since the old font was difficult to read.

Not all battles have to be life and death situations.

I really need to start visiting this site more often again. I'm really liking the screenies shown here! :D
@Sgt: I almost think you could be helped in terms of readability by either making the background of the windows darker or making the icons a flat white design. Right now it's a little bit of a confusing colour mess.
Hmm yeah, I like the idea of flat white icons, so I'll experiment with that a bit. Color is a big thing I need to tackle for this project in general.

Oddly enough the windows WERE darker before but I made them brighter. Maybe it's time to change them back.
@Blind, I think if you nudged the tree leaf color more yellow it might mesh more. I love that green but it gives me a totally different feel than the rest of the area.

It is more monochrome I guess this way, but idk it works for me? What do you think??
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
^that looks better I think, definetly meshes together better indeed
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
It makes it harder to tell what is and isn't a tree, so I get why he had it the other way.
I don't know, I think the first one looks nicer and has a better contrast.
Fair enough point about the contrast...I still can;t help feel like that color temperature is totally wrong though! I think there is a happy medium here..

is this any better? I really like this screenshot but the cool aqua trees are throwing me off.

author=Garbamesh
Fair enough point about the contrast...I still can;t help feel like that color temperature is totally wrong though! I think there is a happy medium here..

is this any better? I really like this screenshot but the cool aqua trees are throwing me off.

https://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/76181/locker/ithink2.png

Thanks Garbamesh!

I actually really like your edits, although obviously they're just rough examples.

Lockez was correct that I went with the deeper green/aqua hues primarily as an attempt to contrast with the rest of the map. But you may be right - a more natural shade of green probably feels more coherent with the other tiles? XD