SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
That's what I was getting at, except that they said it in a much better way lol

Messing with some sky moods and testing out our new assets for the Carpentry Kingdom.
Any ideas for things that we could add in this world? Enemies, objects, gameplay ideas?
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Garbamesh
Messing with some sky moods and testing out our new assets for the Carpentry Kingdom.
Any ideas for things that we could add in this world? Enemies, objects, gameplay ideas?

Given the mood, I think some stars in the ground, shiny gems, light emitting flowers etc would be really cool.

Super gorgeous color schemes btw <3
@Gar: That looks great, I love the giant nails in the ground.

Every great mage needs a familiar.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
@Momeka

That color scheme seems super familiar. Are you using any Aseprite palettes by any chance?
Yeah, I am. It's a community game so the resources are mix, but the battler, bg, and the rat uses the edg32 palette.
@not ratty:
I really like everything! Though the trees are a bit unusual with their half/half all-dark/all-light breakdown instead of a gradient. It makes it a little harder to determine vertical height at a glance.

The airship is very nice looking, too! A little more orange might help the sky mood, as the rust aesthetic is strong. I'm not sure if that might be too much rusty orange all at once, though. As for things to add: you have an insect kingdom, right? Termites like carpentry. Maybe an insect colony? I don't know how much action there is in the game, but perhaps table saw blades moving back and forth as a movement obstacle? There are lots of power tools to draw movement from (for visual appeal and danger!) like drills and saws and wood chippers (sort of carpentry?). You could also have a maniacal band of screwdrivers who seek to overthrow the hammers that are currently in charge.

@Momeka:
I love that rat. He charges his laser so fast.
ESBY
extreme disappointment

they're not in kansas anymore
@Esby: Just looks better and better. I love it. Is it custom art?
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS

Finally putting to use the tiles I commissioned for an actual dungeon. Is the lighting too overwrought?
Yes. I can't tell where the light is coming from- just looks like you're intending for the character to be high on shrooms or something and getting a general glow.

EDIT: Also, the shadows that are present dont seem to match with the lighting or suggest much- and there are shadows missing, such as near the torches at the top. Can't just do some shadows and not others ;D

EDIT2: In addition to that, the stairs aren't deforming the shadows, which is flattening the room out.
author=Roden
Yes. I can't tell where the light is coming from- just looks like you're intending for the character to be high on shrooms or something and getting a general glow.

EDIT: Also, the shadows that are present dont seem to match with the lighting or suggest much- and there are shadows missing, such as near the torches at the top. Can't just do some shadows and not others ;D

EDIT2: In addition to that, the stairs aren't deforming the shadows, which is flattening the room out.

Thanks Roden!

Yeah, it’s meant to be the “entrance” corridor, so the light is coming from the outdoors. I figured making it a bit overdone was the only way to convey that (compared to the more dim lighting of the torches), but I could be wrong about that.

How would you have the stairs “conform” to the light and shadows? *scratches head*
Generally in this angle and situation the shadows would become more vertical, instead of diagonal, and return to diagonal on the top
I really like the feel, but the light effects do look a little overdone.
@Esby - Love it. The colors, the map design... so simple, yet so elegant. Great work!

@Blind - I like it, but I agree with what everyone else is saying - the lighting is slightly overdone. Tone it done a bit and you're golden.

Finished the teaser trailer for my game. Thoughts?
This is just a mock-up for a game I'd like to make.
All of it's a work in progress, but I feel like the trees need a ton of work...
I'm just having hell with perspective when it comes to the leaves and how they fold and in what direction they fold.

I really love how the main character came out.
I call him.. Awesome Andy!
The more I think about it, the more i feel like the trees maybe clas cause they don't have a black outline.
Everything else has a VERY dark outline..
Been working on the title screen for Betwixt.

Not 100% yet, still need to do the credits sequence and add some audio.
Looks neat! I like the little flickering reflections.
@Markus: The leaves are pillowy as heck, which makes them look almost crystalline in my eyes. You might want to double down on that. Crystal trees sound pretty cool.

@Momeka: Looking great. What's in the More tab?