SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Oh darn, that looks so good Momeka!
author=Momeka
author=Kaempfer
@Momeka:
One day we'll get two consecutive screenshots from you that are from the same project
Easy, here you go:

Doesn't deserve to hide behind a page break.

Maybe I'll publish this to RMN at some time.

Greetings,
Tw0Face
Kinda reminds me of DOOM. I like it!
Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.
@Momeka: that looks awesome. Love the retro style and the choice of color. Also, the menus are fine.

@Tw0Face I like retro "first person" RPG games like Shine in the Darkness. This looks nice.

The following screenshot is from a minimalistic map in the game I'm currently working on, in which Carol (the main character) talks to a fortune teller and undergoes a spiritual experience.

Is it aesthetically pleasing, or should I change something? Any feedback is very welcome.
I would add some tiles on the foor- like a diagonal checkerboard with a lighter purple or maybe some star + moon patterns or something, and some aliasing on the outside of the circle. Other than that, it works well for a simplistic map.

If you really want to go for it, I'd say do a simple beam of dim light coming from the top in a cone, a light, cold blue or something.
Gretgor
The tiling suggestion sounds cool, thanks! As for the circle, unfortunately RM2K3's native resolution is 320x240, meaning I can't do much about that :(
@Momeka:
Yessss those loose great! Are those spooky skeletons monsters or statues?

@Gretgor:
I'd either add a bit of dithering to the edges of the circle or remove the dithering from the doorway to keep the lighting style consistent. I'd also make the doorway's light a single cohesive graphic rather than two tiles repeated.
author=Gretgor
The tiling suggestion sounds cool, thanks! As for the circle, unfortunately RM2K3's native resolution is 320x240, meaning I can't do much about that :(

I think you misunderstood- even in RM2k3's native resolution, aliasing is perfectly possible:

As for the light, I figured I'd provide some reference, since I'm already cracking open photoshop and all:

This shot also includes aliasing on the bottom left and top right of the circle, so you can see the difference.
Looking good! Digging the subtle ray of light at the top, adds a lot to the overall atmosphere of the picture.
Gretgor
author=Roden
author=Gretgor
I think you misunderstood- even in RM2k3's native resolution, aliasing is perfectly possible:

As for the light, I figured I'd provide some reference, since I'm already cracking open photoshop and all:

This shot also includes aliasing on the bottom left and top right of the circle, so you can see the difference.

Roden/Gretgor: Ehhh anti-aliasing doesn't make a lot of sense, since I can pretty much 100% guarantee this is the only place it will be used in the entire project. I do like the idea of a light ray, although I hope it maintains a consistent look with the rest of the visuals.
author=Kaempfer
@Momeka:
Yessss those loose great! Are those spooky skeletons monsters or statues?

They are enemies. Right now they might as well be statues as I haven't gotten around to animating them yet.

Edit:
Battle system is slowly getting there.

Still a lot of work to be done
Testing a few more new tiles!

Any preference on the higher/lower saturation for the grass?

WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
author=Garbamesh

Messing with some sky moods and testing out our new assets for the Carpentry Kingdom.
Any ideas for things that we could add in this world? Enemies, objects, gameplay ideas?

It's good to see this game is still being worked on! Is there a place to get more timely updates?
@Momeka: the aesthetic you've got going on there is absolutely freaking amazing.
Blind-
For that serene location I think the higher saturation lends itself well. Looking good.

Momeka- I love the little battle window..im a sucker for menus and bars and stuff so this is doing it for me.

Wip- thanks! I just followed you on Twitter - any other RMN ppl let's link up on there.
twitter.com/Dumpkingdoms

I've been locked out of my old RMN account(dookie/roach714) for like a year and still never got that sorted out. At some point I will or get my gamepage moved/redone on this account.

Can't you ask ummm (forgot his name) to merge the stuff? It's obvious from your game art who you are.
Gretgor
author=Garbamesh
Blind-
For that serene location I think the higher saturation lends itself well. Looking good.

Momeka- I love the little battle window..im a sucker for menus and bars and stuff so this is doing it for me.

Wip- thanks! I just followed you on Twitter - any other RMN ppl let's link up on there.
twitter.com/Dumpkingdoms

I've been locked out of my old RMN account(dookie/roach714) for like a year and still never got that sorted out. At some point I will or get my gamepage moved/redone on this account.

So your game contains platforming? Man, this looks so awesome! I love this kind of top-down platforming ever since I played the GBA Banjo-Kazooie game.
@Garbamesh: Really good spritework, looks great!
@Topic Haven't made progress on my main game for quite some time now, but wanted to get something done with the maker again, so I started up RMXP again and started a Mini RTP Project, no idea if I'll finish it though.