SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

@Garbamesh, that looks so sick! Platforming looks flawless! This game is really something else!

@Blind, I like the higher saturation grass more. The tileset is looking so good. I'm kinda wanting to do something inspired by that tileset....

Here's a new area for Fear & Hunger. The area is very much inspired by Bloodborne...
Thanks guys. I have always been fascinated with platforming in non-platformers. I loved it in Mario RPG but the isometric view made it kind of wonky sometimes.

That's looking sick orange- the overlay may be a bit too much for me- I want to see more of that pixel art and it's getting in my way! I appreciate the effort to help establish the mood though.

We finally got a trailer together for Camp Fangamer, but I will show it here first:

@Garbamesh: Holy cow, this trailer looks awesome. Somehow I like the idea of ​​a trashcan as the main character. Did you design all the graphics by yourself? What I like most is the scene in the combat system in which the garbage bags are attacked with a wrecking ball.

Greetings,
Tw0Face
Tau
RMN sex symbol
@Dookie - Fuck that’s incredible man, been keeping an eye on your game despite never coming here haha. I remember your Wooby RPG days & then that space game you were making looked awesome as hell. It’s great seeing old faces succeed with there talent.

Also that world map looked just insane, the perspective of it all. Congrats on all the hard work & I hope the Kickstarter works out! If I can spare it I’ll chip in haha.
@Garbamesh Looks wonderful! I completely agree about platforming in non-platformers. Getting to get jump around on stuff just adds so much to the feeling of exploration. It adds verticality to the level design, which I find a lot of RPGs tend to lack. Plus the act of jumping around is just so much more fun than walking! The graphics and the music kind of give me some FF6 vibes, though I'm not sure why.
Punkitt
notorious rpgmaker 2k3 shill

heyo! here's a thing for happup
@Garbamesh That game is looking so damn good. *_*

I just finished up work on my entry for the RPG Maker Jam #3. I will be releasing v1.0 here later in the week after some tweaks but you can play v0.1 right here, right now.

https://visitorsfromdreams.itch.io/hazmat

This being a screen shot thread though here's the good stuff.

Thanks guys!

@Tau - aw man, there's a lot of Wooby influence in kotd...except I hope to be able to execute my ideas better now ^_^

@Punkitt - that looks cool! creating such a serene yet weird atmosphere with the music and ever watching eye. hope to see more from happup.

@visitors - love these colors. reminds me of playing mario land 2 on my super gameboy that let you mess with the limited GB palette. Looks interesting!
Punkitt
notorious rpgmaker 2k3 shill
author=Garbamesh
@Punkitt - that looks cool! creating such a serene yet weird atmosphere with the music and ever watching eye. hope to see more from happup.

Thank you so much!! Serene and weird is my goal with Happup, so im glad that's the feeling you're getting. Keep it up with KOTD, it looks incredible!!

@visitorsfromdreams I'm diggin' the big ol' pixels! I'll definitely give this game a go
@Visitor: That looks really nice. I'll have to give it a try.

@Garb: Oh shit, looks great. I love the Mode 7-ish scrolling effect on the world map.

Here's some random gifs:

@Momeka Your animated gifs never cease to fill my heart with joy. <3
author=Garbamesh
Thanks guys. I have always been fascinated with platforming in non-platformers. I loved it in Mario RPG but the isometric view made it kind of wonky sometimes.

That's looking sick orange- the overlay may be a bit too much for me- I want to see more of that pixel art and it's getting in my way! I appreciate the effort to help establish the mood though.

We finally got a trailer together for Camp Fangamer, but I will show it here first:

OMG! That music is so freaking good!!
I was getting SNES vibes, and chills up my spine like the first time I played a few games on the SNES.
@orange-:
Your game is so spooky. I'm always spooked. I agree with Garbamesh: the overlay is a bit strong. I get the intended vibe, but it's a bit too restrictive.

@Dookie:
Kingdoms of the DUmp looks so, so good. Everything in the trailer looks amazing, and that music is top-notch. I can't wait to hear the rest of the OST. This game is going to be big. The aesthetic, the originality, the presentation, it's all so good. Obviously I can't speak to gameplay, but that looks top-notch as well. I'm excited.

edit: seriously that music tho, pass my extreme kudos on to your composer

@Punkitt:
I really like that chunky gameboy vibe!

@Momeka:
This is, like, ten screens from the same game! A new record! I can't wait to build a party of 7 Golden Knights and fist my way through a dark dungeon.
Pretty good rendition. Doesn't change the fact that this map makes it look like there are deep underground rifts in the earth.
@Bluefeathr42:
Your map seems unfinished. Not better will be take original and remixes then for use in RM like panorama?

@Momeka:
Great gifs, the best is middle for me - this moving platforms look super. Although this modern retro indie style unfortunatelly is boring for me. This is not bad - but why most indie retro style games must look almost similar?

Title screen from my RM95 game:

First choice is between new game and load game.
Second is between new game, authors, options and quit.
author=Dragon_Kamillo
@Bluefeathr42:
@Momeka:
Great gifs, the best is middle for me - this moving platforms look super. Although this modern retro indie style unfortunatelly is boring for me. This is not bad - but why most indie retro style games must look almost similar?

It's a quick and easy style to both produce art and maps in for a game I'm hoping to have a relative short development. Besides I enjoy working in it. Hopefully I can manage to make it look interesting anyway.

Edit: As for your title screen, I like it. But I think it would have a bit more "oomph" if you made the sword move in way faster and bring the background in when the screen have flashed full white. Everything feels too slow right now.

author=Kaempfer
@Momeka:
This is, like, ten screens from the same game! A new record! I can't wait to build a party of 7 Golden Knights and fist my way through a dark dungeon.

Thanks! I intend to get it done before the year ends.
Testing BR's water animations.