SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

@Faye: you have an interesting concept, but I find the graphics on that church map clash a lot. You have well defined floor tiles, but the statues and the stuff with the murals in the back are pixelated or with aliasing. They look like they were ripped from other games and incorporated, but they don't mesh well.

Also, the back angel... its wing is clipped by the door.

The lake map looks great.
Here are many screenshots from Road To Paradise: The Staircase. Liberty put the majority of them in hide tags. (There are MANY MORE I didn't post here, I just posted the ones I thought were the most aesthetically pleasing.)

One of these days, I'm gonna figure out one of those neat gif making programs.

EARTH:

"Everyone on the boat gets a Glock!" (Holler if you get the reference.)

NOT-EARTH:

Fucking mimics, man, am I rite? I'm with O'Hara.

What is a save point, really?

And let's end on some battle shots:

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
you... absolutely need a new font. that's eye-searing.

some of the maps look okay. the interiors could all stand to be tightened up... that tower is pretty lame, especially compared to the grungy exterior maps.

felicitations, roses. it's been a while...
author=StormCrow
Here are many screenshots from Road To Paradise: The Staircase. (There are MANY MORE I didn't post here, I just posted the ones I thought were the most aesthetically pleasing.)

@Faye this is a good object lesson on how to write dialogue.

That is, you don't insert fancy words in there just 'cause. We put them in there because the character would say it (Watanabe is obviously team brain here), or because there is no word to replace the concept (psychomagnetotheric for instance referring to EM frequencies of mental origin). Storm Crow's dialogue is perfect (especially when Watanabe describes a save point).

On the other hand, the gritty look of the facesets clashes strongly with the hand-drawn look, especially of the battles. Not that this is terrible, I do it too. It's a jarring effect that makes or breaks things.
ESBY
extreme disappointment
good stuff craze
If you're going to post a lot of images, please use hide tags so as not to make the page go crazy. Also, if you're going to quote a post with lots of images, please remove them or hide them or do something to get rid of the spam.

Please use some common sense, people.

That aside, StormCrow, that font is really ugly. Could you perhaps find something that doesn't look like it got shoved in a vice?
Some screenshots from a project I've been working on for the past couple of months. It'll be awhile before I've got enough finished to justify making a gamepage, but until then I wouldn't mind getting some feedback on how everything looks so far.

author=bulma
@Faye this is a good object lesson on how to write dialogue.

That is, you don't insert fancy words in there just 'cause. We put them in there because the character would say it (Watanabe is obviously team brain here), or because there is no word to replace the concept (psychomagnetotheric for instance referring to EM frequencies of mental origin). Storm Crow's dialogue is perfect (especially when Watanabe describes a save point).

Well, I don't know about perfect, but thank you! Writing is what I used to do/am currently trying to do/want to do in the future for a living after all so I should hope it's at least pretty good.

author=Craze
that tower is pretty lame, especially compared to the grungy exterior maps.

That is somewhat intentional, that is to say, I did not intend for Voidsreach Tower to look "lame", but I did very much intend for it to look like RTP 101.

author=Liberty
If you're going to post a lot of images, please use hide tags so as not to make the page go crazy. Also, if you're going to quote a post with lots of images, please remove them or hide them or do something to get rid of the spam.

Please use some common sense, people.

That aside, StormCrow, that font is really ugly. Could you perhaps find something that doesn't look like it got shoved in a vice?

Wow, people here really fucking hate narrow fonts. Did narrow fonts murder half of RMN's family or something? Okay that makes five or six separate people taking issue with the font and 2 (not counting myself) who had no issue with it by my count, so yes I will change the font.
author=Bluefeathr42
Wing Commander!

Haha, yeah. Pretty much. I'm not very subtle with what influences me, am I?

At least I'm not using the Orion cockpit this time around.
Sidewinder, that looks really interesting (interesting is good). Did you submit that or something similar for the Theme Roulette event? I thought I remember watching libby play something like that on the stream.

Couple things, do you have a good reason for spelling Vulkan um...not the way it's actually...spelled (i.e. Vulkan, the ancient Roman god of fire what predates Star Trek by a couple millennia)? Like "Earth and Earth culture don't exist in this game's universe" would be a pretty darn good reason. Also, unless you're British, artifact is spelled artifact. If you are British, keep on being British, because in English (UK), artefact is correct. But not in American English.

So, about that font thing:

The original offending screenshot:

A few more examples:

Better? Worse? What do you think? If the consensus is that this is a good font, I'll go through and finish rejiggering the rest of the show text commands and item descriptions in the game to make sure the text fits, since Hack is obviously much less compact than Agency FB.
I like the distinction between zero and capital o. Are you altering these texts yourself?
umm...yes if by "altering these texts" you mean rearranging the words inside the input box for a show text event command so that nothing falls outside the lines and making it look clean (over and over lol) then yes; if by "altering these texts" you mean in anyway editing or creating this typeface myself, the answer is no--this is just a font called Hack.
author=StormCrow
Sidewinder, that looks really interesting (interesting is good). Did you submit that or something similar for the Theme Roulette event? I thought I remember watching libby play something like that on the stream.

Something similar. Thankfully I've gotten a lot better at Blender since then.

author=StormCrow
Couple things, do you have a good reason for spelling Vulkan um...not the way it's actually...spelled

Nah, not really. I couldn't think of anything good, so I wound up naming the planet after the Primarch of the Salamanders chapter.

author=StormCrow
Also, unless you're British, artifact is spelled artifact. If you are British, keep on being British, because in English (UK), artefact is correct. But not in American English.

Canadian. We tend to use the UK spellings here.

@sidewinder AWESOME Please tell me it plays like WingCommander
author=grindalf
Well... kinda. But mostly no.

You'll be able to fly around space, get into fights and trade commodities but the actual piloting will just be pre-rendered cinematics, selected via a menu. As much as I'd love to make Wing Commander: Privateer in RPGmaker 2003, it's just way beyond my skill level.

Here's a video of it in action, if you're curious.
@Sidewinder: Looks sick!!! It felt like I never left the Starcraft menu interface and went on an adventure instead. Though I wouldn't mind if the ship animations were a little slower and had some sfx to go along with them. My fav part is the rain scene. Also love the paramount logo on the vhs tape.

my imgc entry is chugging along. the lighting effects are a little primitive for my tastes but its super easy to setup. I really need to learn more about drawing to surfaces and shaders. OTL (and yes I know of the ceiling tile error)
author=Sidewinder
author=grindalf
Well... kinda. But mostly no.

You'll be able to fly around space, get into fights and trade commodities but the actual piloting will just be pre-rendered cinematics, selected via a menu. As much as I'd love to make Wing Commander: Privateer in RPGmaker 2003, it's just way beyond my skill level.

Here's a video of it in action, if you're curious.

THAT'S Rm2k3? Holy Schnikes!
The narrow fonts thing isn't narrow fonts, it's fonts that cut off half a letter and look very squashed together and make it hard to read. Avoid those points and narrow fonts can be fine.