SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

For a while now I was tempted to try adding more frames to my heros walk animation and now I tested it. I actually got further than I thought. The pixelart is totally WIP. The heros charset is being updated soon, anyways.
However, this far it's kind of working. But if I really consider implementing this, there's gonna be a lot of problems to be solved.
For instance I'd have to cut it in half and show both halves on different layers, since a normal charset has 2 layers as well.

Currently working on a dungeon. Got challenging when Chrono ABS isn't compatible with CityShrimp's Fog of War.

The time of fixing it is totally worth it. :)
@deceius LOVE the aesthetic you got going there!
One note, an ABS with tile-based movement is a recipe for frustration. If you can make the movement pixel-based, that'll go a very long way. Another option would be to make enemies only move while the player is moving.
Been making several 'Green Hill Zone' maps, this one's my favorite.

InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
VERY nice nemo! I like the layout of that one
:D

Playing with the cliffs is really fun, this one strike a nice balance but I've since let it get out of control.
@Nemo: Oh man, I love it all!

Updated the combat menus.
Still need to add icons for the items.
author=narcodis

That's an extremely pretty looking CBS. I can't imagine how long the menus would have taken to make.
this could be my favourite indie game from 2003, lost and erased from my mind by some arcane wizardry, but as i played it it sparked me memories of joy and happiness and also inspiration

also this is quite something i'd love to make
Entrance to the first dungeon - now with added portraits! Is the overlay too dark for the tiles? I'm thinking it "washes out" the map a bit.

EDIT: Made a quick variation. Look any better?

It does a little, yeah. White light tends to do that a lot. Maybe try giving it a slight colour tint - a warm yellow might help a little.
Gotten more used to the MV and Javascript now and finished Basic Interface, Movement and Attacks for the Warfare System of "War on Christmas":

Getting this to work properly took a whole lot of hacky B.S. But it is pretty satisfying to dash through each room like this now.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Looks great! Can you only go forward?
author=InfectionFiles

You can only dash forward, yeah. It works a lot like the pegasus boots in Link to the Past.
Some great stuff on this page.

@Independent Art:
Really cool. I've only seen one other game use 5-cycle run animations, and it was just a proof of concept, not a full game.

@deceius
I love that aesthetic! Maybe make the attack two tiles long? It seems a little hard to avoid taking damage every time you attack as it stands.

@nemo:
Love it! Gives a really great "open wilderness" feel while still remaining quite structured. Looks really good. Can't wait to explore it.

@narcodis:
Amazing! Like Joseph said, it's somehow nostalgic and new at the same time. Looks fast paced, too, which is nice. The dash boots looks fun, as well! I can imagine teleporting from room to room but maintaining state and animation would be very annoying, but it looks great. I'm interested in seeing what puzzles you come up with to use the dash system, it looks like it has lots of potential.

@Lihinel:
Looks really good. There's a definite lack of anything strategy in MV/VX (mostly because I assume it's very hard to make) but that looks neat. The HUD/GUI seems to take up a LOT of the screen, though, making the viewing window seem very small. It also seems very modern, which doesn't make a lot of sense given the knights fighting. Still, looking good.
ARE YOU READY FOR NON-STOP HEART POUNDING ACTION?

Well, are you?
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=narcodis
author=InfectionFiles
You can only dash forward, yeah. It works a lot like the pegasus boots in Link to the Past.

It actually reminded me a lot of the charged jump from the metroid games. Can you destroy things on your path while you're in that state?
Vandriette
"The purpose of life is to end." -Agent Smith