SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

it looks so lovely and amazing here!!! <3 <3 <3

As for what I meant and my thoughts, @unity summarized them perfectly and I don't think I need to add anything. It's perfectly okay to not accept or not want critique, but dismissing it for someone else before they even get a chance to reply is actually disrespectful to both parties

that being said, this thread is really not the place for this sort of discussion so I'll remove myself from it. Wish everyone a nice day!

edit: oops first post. >>
I'll just add my two cents still to the topic. I didn't mean to dismiss Roden's criticism per se. In general it's good to get constructive feedback from many sources. I just gave my own opinion that minor perspective issues are typical jRPG jank, and I personally like that jank. It's up to Blind to choose what he picks up. My intention definitely wasn't to discredit Roden or anything like that.
Some screenies of my current project. Feel free to tell me what you think of it.

Next step is doing some maps finally.
@Tw0Face That UI is looking pretty clean so far. I especially like the "Units" page.

Great work. Maybe in the main menu, you could make more use of some more of the space? It looks a little empty now. I don't know if it needs much more, and I'm not even sure what could be added, but those are just my thoughts.

For the last week, I've been working on a kind of puzzle/dungeon-crawler hybrid. Graphically, I guess it's drawing some influence from Sokoban/Chip's Challenge? I'm not really sure if it's going anywhere, but I figured I would share it for now.

My first time making anything close to a "tile", so I'm open to everything really haha!
author=DungeonDevDude
Great work. Maybe in the main menu, you could make more use of some more of the space? It looks a little empty now. I don't know if it needs much more, and I'm not even sure what could be added, but those are just my thoughts.

Thanks for the feedback. Same thoughts as I have myself. I don't know either what could be added to fill the empty space. Maybe I'll have some ideas in the future.

As for your screen, is this a ingame perspective or a screenshot made from the editor?
author=Tw0Face
Thanks for the feedback. Same thoughts as I have myself
As for your screen, is this a ingame perspective or a screenshot made from the editor?

That’s an in-game shot. I wanted to make everything look “grid-y” if that makes any sense? Everything is still a work in Progress though
The grid is a bit too pronounced and breaks up the area too much. I'd recommend making it either the lines thinner or recolouring to be a bit more tile-coloured so it blends a little more. Something like this, perhaps? (Rough edit)

On the left is thinner lines that are recoloured, on the right is just recoloured lines. I think I like the thinner ones better.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The key is a different resolution than the other objects. Also, some of the texture lines on the floor tiles are at a higher resolution. If you're using big 2x2 pixels to look old school, make sure you consistently do that for every single graphic in the entire game with no exceptions. Otherwise don't do it at all.
Thanks Liberty, I think I prefer the left as well. I see what you’re saying. I’ll try that out.

author=LockeZ
The key is a different resolution than the other objects. Also, some of the texture lines on the floor tiles are at a higher resolution. If you're using big 2x2 pixels to look old school, make sure you consistently do that for every single graphic in the entire game with no exceptions. Otherwise don't do it at all.

I see what you’re saying. I don’t know if old-school is definitely the look/vibe I’m going for, but I think I do need to spruce up the consistency for sure

Thanks for the feedback, guys it’s really helpful.
Punkitt
notorious rpgmaker 2k3 shill

Some stuff I've been working on in the past couple days! Really excited to be working in RPGMaker2k3 again. c:
That’s comfy as hell. The homes remind me of the countryside home of Goku in DB.
Punkitt
Heck yeah, thank you! Comfy is exactly what I was going for. c:
And yeah, that's the inspiration actually! I'm so glad someone picked up on it. :D

In regards to the screenshot you posted, it sure looks like an interesting puzzle! Personally, I would use a thinner line for the grid and use a different floor pattern. It's definitely functional, but I think it could use some sprucing up to make it that much better. ☺️
author=Punkitt
Heck yeah, thank you! Comfy is exactly what I was going for. c:
And yeah, that's the inspiration actually! I'm so glad someone picked up on it. :D

In regards to the screenshot you posted, it sure looks like an interesting puzzle! Personally, I would use a thinner line for the grid and use a different floor pattern. It's definitely functional, but I think it could use some sprucing up to make it that much better. ☺️

Thanks, I’m working on improving it now. I should have something up for review later this week.

You know, if work stops getting in the way...

First screen I share of my pet project: RTP World: Gaiden 0. Game will be short and only one town that will act as a hub for the story, quests, etc. Right now busy working on the town map.

Second one is still empty, I know, but town is starting to look like... a town!
Punkitt
This is lookin' super cute! I especially like the first one inside; the characters really pop off the tileset because of the colors, and I think it's a really neat effect.
author=tarma
First screen I share of my pet project: RTP World: Gaiden 0. Game will be short and only one town that will act as a hub for the story, quests, etc. Right now busy working on the town map.

Second one is still empty, I know, but town is starting to look like... a town!

False advertisement! That's not all RTP! lol.
Actually, the shop guy on the right is RTP!
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
And the dog is also from RTP! Not the pose, but the base sprite is! It's definitely RTP, Arc, are you blind?!?!

Been having tons of spriting fun for the last few months. Must admit my fences look like they've been pasted on, would have to edit the bottom layers a little bit. Sorry if I made anyone feel queasy :<
Part of the Tileset is recolored Time Fantasy. The roads, the walls, and the entire shop image is Time Fantasy. Only the sprites are RTP.

I said that's not all RTP. I didn't say there wasn't any RTP.

It was also a joke against the title being called RTP World. I don't actually care that much about it.