SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

author=dethmetal
Craze, that pixel art looks great! Which maker is that?

The POP! City tiles are from Ace. I believe they have an MV conversion, but I may be mistaken on that. You can find them on steam or itch.io.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
That Pixel Maker video looks really good. It made me more interested in possibly using the engine.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
what libby said, and thanks. buy them from itch.io, just google vexedenigma

Let's start the new year with new screenshots with new areas with new characters.

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Orange that's hella fuggin dope my dude

First screenshot is from the upcoming Two Strangers remake I'm working on with a complete graphical overhaul and some very minor new additions, and the second screenshot is from the sequel I'm working on for Seasons of RMN. The second one is still kinda WIP, there's probably gonna be some more events scattered around once it's complete.
lol well right back at ya Frogge. That's... different for sure. You got my attention.
Craze
orange did you share screenshots
Frogge
author=Craze
orange did you share screenshots

Is this a joke leading up to the fog being too thick
Yeah I'm left at the edge of my seat waiting for the lead up too :D
The thick is pretty thick though I admit that.
Frogge, that is certainly an interesting looking game you have there! I love the abstract design. It's like Yume Nikki taken to the next level with a slightly more comedic twist.

Orange, I agree that the fog may be a bit thick. The visuals are absolutely AMAZING. Putting such a dense fog on top of it is like putting a paper bag over a beautiful person's face. I'm curious as to what your methods are for creating graphics? Do you draw them in Photoshop or an similar program with a tablet?
Craze
i'm assuming the fog is essential to your setting and not like, there just to be lol edgy. i feel there are far better ways ot showing that it's Foggy AF.

this looks awful but i think you get the idea -- a truely foggy edge of the screen, a very light overlay across the whole screen, and then a middle layer that surrounds the player but has a distinct visible radius around them
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Orange, your dog's alright.
@dethmetal, yeah it's photoshop and tablet combo.

The mist is pretty thick and does cover some of the art. Although I consider the tileset art utilitarian and they are meant to serve the game, rather than show off at every scene. So to some degree I'm willing to kill my art darlings there.

The idea of the mist is to create similar claustrophobic feel as darkness would indoors. Although to be honest, my inner Silent Hill fanboy is at work there for sure. I should probably use fog less in some areas, like the lake is supposed to be more peaceful area, so lesser fog might be a good way to go.
In this thread Craze helped me figure out why I always wasn't ever happy with my fog.
author=Craze
i'm assuming the fog is essential to your setting and not like, there just to be lol edgy. i feel there are far better ways ot showing that it's Foggy AF.

this looks awful but i think you get the idea -- a truely foggy edge of the screen, a very light overlay across the whole screen, and then a middle layer that surrounds the player but has a distinct visible radius around them

I’m stealing this
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Though originally added to the Discord, I do wanna share this here because I'm kinda proud of getting the opening cutscene done today. Here, have a GIF.

Just found some screenshot mockups from a project I abandoned. Made me want to get back to it, but it was too ambitious.

It's rare for me to want legit feedback on anything I'm working on.
But I'd love some feedback on my pixel work, maybe even gameplay ideas would be great.
Frogge
@Markus - That looks great! The transition from the mountains to the sky is a bit... abrupt, I guess? But other than that I really don't see anything I dislike about the pixel work.

Also, oh yeah, this thread exists and I'm an attention whore pls give attention thank