SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
markus, i like your sprites overall. a few things are using too many colors, the palm leaves especially. instead of doing a chunky gradient, try using 2-3 colors to shape out the fronds

the contrast on the wooden platforms front and top might cause a headache for background/foreground differentiation in the future, but it's... okay for now.

the clouds look like caviar. try adding a bit of dithering instead of just highlighted puffballs

edit: accidentally sniped frogge so
Frogge
@Markus - That looks great! The transition from the mountains to the sky is a bit... abrupt, I guess? But other than that I really don't see anything I dislike about the pixel work.

Also, oh yeah, this thread exists and I'm an attention whore pls give attention thank

I'm pretty sure i've fixed the clouds..

I'll look at the trees later... considering the fact that i've got plenty of room to make a tree exactly how i'd like without constraints.. i'll attempt a better version at some point.

-UPDATE-
I replaced the trees until I can get them looking better..

So for now, the tropical setting Is thrown out.

Too crowded/convoluted?

Trying to figure out how to get this info there while keeping it aesthetically pleasing. Not really happy about the whole "Affected by" stack hanging there.
@Cazic, I think everything looks clear and informative. I mean I suppose you could add 1 or 2 pixels between different skill categories to give it more breathing room, but it's not really bothering me as it is. I kinda like the "utilitarian" feel of the menu, which is emphasized by the fact that it's a bit crowded.

@frogge, It's a bit too pixelated for my tastes, but you've got the certain aesthetics down for sure. Giving World of Horror vibes because of obvious reasons. Looks interesting to say the least! Kinda interested in what this game holds.

@MarkusT I kinda liked the palm trees actually! :D I really liked their colouring...
I'm going to make a new style later and use it for a different landscape.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I kind of miss posting in this thread.

Been messing around with a dungeon crawler "engine" lately.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Neato!
On one hand it might be you reinventing the wheel, on the other it's a spectacle and It makes me droll in the way only fellow rm users can understand.
Outside of that your tiles in that tech demo are really nice too.
Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.
author=Momeka

Looking super cool. What program are you using?
author=Cap_H
Neato!
On one hand it might be you reinventing the wheel, on the other it's a spectacle and It makes me droll in the way only fellow rm users can understand.
Outside of that your tiles in that tech demo are really nice too.

Thanks! I guess in a way I'm reinventing the wheel but at the same time if this is the graphics-style I want I'll have to make it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

author=Gretgor
Looking super cool. What program are you using?

Thanks! I'm coding it with the Monogame framework.
Alright, so i thought I'd show a video, basically showing off the progress on my game.

I'm iffy about the music is all... I've still got more to learn.. I'm not a super composer lol.
The music is fun and fits that obscure snes/genesis platformer mid 90s vibe.
author=Momeka

Everything you make is so neat
author=zDS
The music is fun and fits that obscure snes/genesis platformer mid 90s vibe.

Wait.. really?
I was sure I did a terrible job.
I was about ready to change course on the music and give up the style I was going with music wise.
I'm drawing and drawing, I'm drawing days on end but the game isn't close to finished...

Looks awesome as always, Orange!

Got animated tiles working yesterday:
@momeka, likewise! I actually fell in love with that kind of aesthetic some time ago when playing the first Shin Megami Tensei on SNES for the first time. Of course your stuff looks way more impressive than that, but the general look is along the same lines.

Today is not opposite day and this is not an april's fools joke.
People complained about Marvel Brothel featuring only female characters as workers, so I decided to do a guys-only version of the game, using the power of more recent RPG Maker platforms.

CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
calunio
People complained about Marvel Brothel featuring only female characters as workers, so I decided to do a guys-only version of the game, using the power of more recent RPG Maker platforms.

((awesome pic here))

Dude, there's gonna be a Marvel Brothel II? Excellent XD