SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

author=Craze
Ocean! I've added some custom stuff but none of it's in this shot

over those green hills ~

I know that you're all about the gameplay aspect, but have you thought about tackling the interface design challenges too? (The resolution is way too big for the Game Boy, which would force you to reorganize how all of the data is presented to the player in that much-smaller space. It would even influence the map design, since the player couldn't see as far.)
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
that'd make sense and be absolutely true if i was trying to be authentic instead of just riding an aesthetic for my own devices!
@Tw0Face
I really like the blend of all those colors together honestly, gives a vibrant retro feel.

Here's the bar/lounge area of the mansion, gonna work on a pretty neat piano puzzle to accompany this room.

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Nice use of rtp, twoface. You really managed to give a world map location character and sense of scale.

A secret area from my side project, Moonsong: First Verse! I'll probably be posting a few more screens from this area, although still shots don't do it justice (the waves animate and are very relaxing).

@Craze: I love me some GB aesthetic, if you need a tile or two drawn let me know!
@Tw0Face: I don't normally love the newer RTPs, but that's a pretty cool shot!
@Koopa: Long ago I was working on something similar, and your shot has stirred my memories. It's also a cool shot on its own, too! (even if the shadows are a little confusing)
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Kaempfer how many times must you make me scream in excitement AAAAAAA
Kaempfer that is beautiful. So calming and atmospheric.
Kaempfer, love the buried chest in the sand! Love the attention to detail.
I think it's the character designs..
But it feels like Romancing SaGa .. but the characters look... castlevania.. ish..
First dude looks like a Belmont.. second dude looks like Alucard.. third.. i dunno.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Did my comment get deleted, or did I just not post it?

Anyway, for sure, those characters sprites are very reminiscent to Romancing SaGa 3. Possibly even edits. Though, I can kinda see a resemblance to, say, Trevor, Alucard, and Sypha of Castlevania 3.
@Kaempfer: That looks freaking wonderful! I really like the buried treasure chest.

Started working on the character stat window, also a house.

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
that's mindblowing.
@Momeka: That screen is great! What engine and game? (if you don't mind my asking)
A very important scene from Shooty and the Catfish: Reloaded.

author=Marrend
Did my comment get deleted, or did I just not post it?

Anyway, for sure, those characters sprites are very reminiscent to Romancing SaGa 3. Possibly even edits. Though, I can kinda see a resemblance to, say, Trevor, Alucard, and Sypha of Castlevania 3.

Yeah, that's what i was getting.
They looked like them.
Sprite work wise, very much Romancing Saga 3.
author=Frogge
Kaempfer how many times must you make me scream in excitement AAAAAAA
author=Ramshackin
Kaempfer that is beautiful. So calming and atmospheric.
author=Rue669
Kaempfer, love the buried chest in the sand! Love the attention to detail.
author=Momeka
@Kaempfer: That looks freaking wonderful! I really like the buried treasure chest.

Thank you everyone I am beaming with pride!

author=MarkusT
Romancing Saga 3?
author=Marrend
Romancing Saga 3.

The sprites are from Romancing Saga 3, alright! They're edited, but only a little. There are lots of custom sprites in Moonsong(including many of their battle sprites!) but here it's just three familiar faces. There is a pretty massive RS3 spritehacking community in Japan and they pump out new sprites in this style all the time. Of course, I didn't discover that until after the game was mostly complete, but oh well!

@Momeka:
Every image you post is an absolute delight.
@visitors:
omg those faces

Hah! I called it lol
Love that game.
I wanna try the remaster on Switch.
But these look really awesome.
Thanks guys!

author=Rue669
@Momeka: That screen is great! What engine and game? (if you don't mind my asking)

Not an engine, it's coded with the Monogame framework.

@Visitors: Looks great! I love all the little animations, makes it feel alive!