SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

author=ten_blue_egyptians
:o

And agreed about black backgrounds.

author=Deckiller
Yeah it looks much better with those backgrounds. Everything is more salient.

I also did another refmap thing, using one of Polarcactus' backgrounds :D

Black backgrounds it is.

I'm not going to lie, when I saw this screenshot on Twitter I was hoping it'd appear here, too. The people deserve to see it.

I'd explore the shit out of that castle. Well, I wouldn't since there doesn't appear to be any way in, but I'd *want* to explore it.

Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Thanks m8 :) Yeah, that entrance will probably be opened up once I make the map "playable"
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I mentioned elsewhere but that battle background is really cute.
The character design is so good!
author=CashmereCat
@LibertyThanks ^_^

@Neok Wow. Love love love the style of the UI and the map. Super simple dungeon crawler, with all the relevant info displayed on the right. Love how you can see all the keys and gold you have. Yay for using different kinds of keys to open different doors/chests. Will everything use such a small map or will it be larger maps? I do like how cute the small one looks. It reminds me of a flash game called The Enchanted Cave. Keep it up!

A fun new mechanic to play around with. Yay!

This looks like a much more thought out and well designed version of Bob Block Blob. Similar but very different. Your design is fun and I'm in love with the background.
author=visitorsfromdreams
Kevin Bacon everyone.

You took a lot of creative feedback on this project and it's paying off. The randomness of enemies and characters is fantastic. Above all else though, I am jealous of your sweet battle screen. Well design, much good.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Mapping with new resources made by Nessy, Caz and the rest of the Visustella team :3

author=Momeka
The character design is so good!

It's funny when I was working in animation my designs were considered pretty generic but bringing them over to the gaming space they are viewed as being pretty fresh. I'm glad my works found a home in the indie space.

author=Jpratt
You took a lot of creative feedback on this project and it's paying off. The randomness of enemies and characters is fantastic. Above all else though, I am jealous of your sweet battle screen. Well design, much good.

The battle scene has its issues (one of the plugins used stops me from being able to set up encounters with more than one enemy for some reason) but overall I'm really happy with it, especially considering where it started.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
ooh i love that creepy statue, momeka!!!

working on a new project, thoughts ??
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
3 tile rule not being followed
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
craze how dare you plagiaraze suikoden dennis the menace 3
gurl did you really lmaoooo

anyway the thread is beautiful as always, momeka, decky and visitors are all chefskniss.
@visitors:
I only have two thumbs to put up, but you get them both

but also "you're" is a word

@Deck:
I see JUMP POINTS you cannot hide from me, treasure!

@Momeka:
Killing it, as usual. The general vibe is so macabre and spooky.

@Craze:
hmm, I wonder what inspired that post

Anyway here are some more screens from Moonsong, a game that uses 80% ripped graphics:

S T E A L T H minigame

more sneaking around, less minigame
author=Momeka
Doors!

So smoooooooooooooooooth.

author=Kaempfer
@visitors:
I only have two thumbs to put up, but you get them both

but also "you're" is a word

Anyway here are some more screens from Moonsong, a game that uses 80% ripped graphics:

S T E A L T H minigame

more sneaking around, less minigame

One day I will learn to use the right you're but it is not this day haha.

Your assets might be ripped but those map layouts are tight!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
that's a fun mix of rips. you're pretty close to the ff6 feel especially while having some distinctions. the first shot reminds me locke's quest for clothing :p
Craze, you have no idea how much I considered using that screenshot for picture of the moment, just for the lols.

I didn't, but I considered it.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
looks great kaempher, i'm really yearning to play this kind of classic looking rm game