SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Punkitt those battle screens are so good I'm requesting your ban from kentona
Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.
author=Punkitt
(...)
Here's a battle screen for my new project, Astral Guard!
(and here's another, actually!)
(...)

Fighting never looked so adorable! <3

author=orange-
(...)
Here's a screenshot from me too:
(...)

Love the isometric style, really cool sprites too!

author=KoopaKush
(...)
Here's a map and some reflections I've been working on. Gonna have fun with mirrors in particular with it being horror after all :D
(...)

This is looking sweet! Can't even tell it's RM2K3.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Y'll are just something else. I was gonna comment on everyone's images individually but they all basically boil down to "holy shit i love this visual aesthetic, so hyped for the game, wow"
Gretgor
Testing the item menu system for my jam game. To be completely honest, I just copypasted the menu system from another project of mine, which is all but abandoned at this point.

Decky
I'm a dog pirate
The demo is getting closer and closer. Arc's working on the war system, and I'm moving on to overhauls in the main game proper.

edit: smol version
Gretgor
author=Deckiller
The demo is getting closer and closer. Arc's working on the war system, and I'm moving on to overhauls in the main game proper. (...)

That tileset is sweet! The mapping is great too, as it has been since I met you like 10 years ago.
Frogge
Gretgor, that's such a nice menu! Really impressive for 2k3.

Decky, I've commented on the map before but I think it's worth pointing out again that it's great. I don't think I've seen anyone pull of the trees as well as you have with Time Fantasy before.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
aww thanks guys :D yes, happy little trees!
The pixel style on those leaves are so counter intuitive yet work so damn well. Great creativity!
Gretgor
I need some opinions on this map screen.

I'm not actually gonna use the RTP world tileset, I'm only using it to make this map.

Does it look strange? As in, it's an island, and it's cut into those nine interconnected compartments, and it may look awkward or something.
Frogge
I think it looks really nice. Maybe you could use thinner lines to make it more like a drawn grid rather than an extension of the paper, if that makes sense?
Gretgor
@Frogge: Thanks for the feedback :)

You mean, like, bring the individual "cells" closer to one another?

EDIT: something like this?

(The character indicator is not on the map because I haven't adjusted the coordinates for the different picture.)

The problem here is that it becomes a bit harder to see where the passages between cells are, doesn't it?

EDIT2: (redacted because there were too many screenshots in this post)

EDIT3: My wife suggested making the cells paler

I think this is good. It makes it clear where the passages between cells are, and it has less empty space between cells. Thoughts?
oh no I didn't mean to disparage mansions I love mansions please don't beat me up

@Darken:
You're obviously working with a very cool style, but I think the filter is t o o p o w e r f u l if for no reason other than that it's covering up some pretty moody artwork underneath. I'm sure it looks less obfuscating during movement, though.

@Punkitt:
damg that looks cool as heck. I am very intrigued by the rusty silo in the backdrop of that battle scene. Disproportionately so tbh

@Koopa:
I love mirrors in 2D games. So many chances to pull off cool visual tricks. Don't disappoint me

@Jpratt:
It looks like a cool style, and I want to see more of it to get a better feel for how it works in game!

@orange:
Every time you post a screenshot your artwork gets better, and it was already pretty good to begin with. Top marks!

@Deck:
NOBODY WILL EVER FIND THE TOP SECRET CHESTS

@gretgor:
Maybe solid black dividers is an overcompensation?
I think that the thick borders made it look a bit less like it was drawn on and more like it was... recessed into the paper. How about (a middle ground):
Gretgor
@Kaempfer I do think that's better. I think I'm gonna go with that. Thanks!

I'm adding you and Frogge under "help and feedback" in my credits. I hope that's okay.
Punkitt
notorious rpgmaker 2k3 shill
Goodness gracious thanks so much y'all!! I really appreciate the feedback!! :D :D

Here's an actual video (woah!) of the new area I was showing off, with character interaction and music I made myself! It's actually a wee bit old, I've adjust some sound/graphical things since then, but I don't want to upload a new thing since I'm lazy lmao.

Also, sorry it has some keyboard noises, wasn't aware my mic was on
Gretgor
author=Punkitt
Here's an actual video (woah!) of the new area I was showing off, with character interaction and music I made myself! It's actually a wee bit old, I've adjust some sound/graphical things since then, but I don't want to upload a new thing since I'm lazy lmao.
(...)

This has gotta be the cutest traditional RPG I've ever seen. Your stylistic choices, from the usage of color to the character designs, all contribute to that. I love this.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Revamped yet another LSDX map from my original batch back in early 2018. I've been wanting to update this little fort ever since I was told that the project was going commercial. The original was a bit too compact and had some awkward mapping choices.

Showing some work for the current project I've been working on with my team. ^^
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Damn, that sprite work is so good.
author=LockeZ
Damn, that sprite work is so good.

Thanks, many years of experience pays off finally XD