SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Ramshackin
@Frogge
Every one of those screenshots is amazing. Especially the gold mine. The scene is so well framed and visually interesting.

Thank you! The gold mine is actually my least favorite among the bunch, so it's nice to hear that it still looks nice.

author=Kaempfer
@Frogge:
That looks very cool. What time period is it set in?

I'm thinking of a fictionalized time period, mostly because I don't wanna bother trying to be completely time accurate. I've mostly been looking to the early 1900s for reference, though.
Moonsong looks excellent, by the way, really excited to play the full release!

author=Tw0Face
Recently finished the HUD. Next up is enemy graphics. I'm kinda ok with how my testmap currently looks. What do you think?

Are the RTP tilesets final? The HUD itself looks okay, it's just the perspective on the tileset that makes me iffy.

author=Giznads
I've been tinkering around with the last map I posted here.
I've completely moved on from using the RM2K3 in-engine chipset builder and graduated to using panoramas, pictures, and charsets for mapping.

This is REALLY cool. Very impressive for 2k3!

author=KoopaKush
I've been bouncing back and forth about the idea of giving bosses their name plate and health bar, and I'm thinking of keeping it somewhat like this. Feels like it adds more flair to the bosses and it'll help keep track of what environmental damage or weapons are the most effective to use.

Looks super nice just like everything else I've seen from the game so far! The statue to the side is probably my favorite little touch.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Again, I am very lucky with these page breaks ;;

Here's the pictures from the last page that I've accidentally page break'd

author=Tw0Face
Recently finished the HUD. Next up is enemy graphics. I'm kinda ok with how my testmap currently looks. What do you think?

author=Kaempfer
A cozy little town in Moonsong, which is now fully playable.
author=Giznads
Here's a little video I recorded for a little more immersiveness.
Gameplay is a little rough around the edges, but I'm still working on it.

author=KoopaKush
I've been bouncing back and forth about the idea of giving bosses their name plate and health bar, and I'm thinking of keeping it somewhat like this. Feels like it adds more flair to the bosses and it'll help keep track of what environmental damage or weapons are the most effective to use.

EDIT: I'm also not done editing the boss sprite just yet!

author=Frogge
Are the RTP tilesets final? The HUD itself looks okay, it's just the perspective on the tileset that makes me iffy.

I like the word "iffy". Never heard it before, but it's funny. Perspective bothered me as well. I tried to mock up the perspective and make the RTP tiles look less square. Having a few new trees and removing auto shadows as well, I end up having this.

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
@Tw0Face: The player-character looks to be on solid ground now. Which is certainly an improvement. However, that ladder and the taller cliff breaking up the ground looks a little wacky to me. The ladder is especially wonky, because the perspective seems to imply there should be something behind it to support it.

I kinda want to suggest extending the tall cliff one tile to where the ladder is, but to keep the ground floor as-is. Not 100% sure how well that suggestion might work with the Mario wannabe script Arc Engine's functionality, though.
author=KoopaKush

Dude! Sick! I get more and more excited to play this game every time I see something new!
I hope I'm the first person you let know there's a beta to try.
I frickin' love RE and games of the survival horror genre.
I've been following this one closely.
author=Marrend
I kinda want to suggest extending the tall cliff one tile to where the ladder is, but to keep the ground floor as-is. Not 100% sure how well that suggestion might work with the Mario wannabe script Arc Engine's functionality, though.

That's a good point. However, I don't think this will work exactly like that. I might be able to find a sideview ladder instead. Let's see what I can come up with.
@Kaempfer, That's pretty much flawless screenshot. Really atmospheric with minimal effects. Really liking it.

@Giznads, that looks too cool. Those environments and gameplay really make me envious. : D Amazing audio too!

@KoopaKush, I second Giznads. Really giving me RE vibes. The enemy seems to fit really well with the tileset.

Just released a new version of the original Fear & Hunger:

author=orange-
@Kaempfer, That's pretty much flawless screenshot. Really atmospheric with minimal effects. Really liking it.

@Giznads, that looks too cool. Those environments and gameplay really make me envious. : D Amazing audio too!

@KoopaKush, I second Giznads. Really giving me RE vibes. The enemy seems to fit really well with the tileset.

Just envious of your whole project. Looks superb.
author=orange-

Love your games! Excited to play this.
@Giznads:
I really like the look of that video. The pixel-by-pixel movement is very cool, and I know it's a bitch to pull off in RM2k3, so congrats. One thing though, I think some of the sounds are a bit too overbearing. The robot beeps too much (I like the beeps, but he just does it too often), and the footsteps are too loud considering their frequency. Maybe try reducing their volume, or having them change in pitch slightly sometimes? Not sure how hard that would be to do, but a game full of CRUNCH CRUNCH BANG BANG BANG as you walk around might wear on the ears after a bit.

@KoopaKush:
oh lawd he coming

@Ghost & @orange-
thank you for your kind words!

@orange-
That video is SPOOKY AS HELL. Like, genuinely scary. Everybody's arms fall off.
author=orange-

Thanks much for the kind words! Hoping to get something playable out asap.

author=Kaempfer
@Giznads:
I really like the look of that video. The pixel-by-pixel movement is very cool, and I know it's a bitch to pull off in RM2k3, so congrats. One thing though, I think some of the sounds are a bit too overbearing. The robot beeps too much (I like the beeps, but he just does it too often), and the footsteps are too loud considering their frequency. Maybe try reducing their volume, or having them change in pitch slightly sometimes? Not sure how hard that would be to do, but a game full of CRUNCH CRUNCH BANG BANG BANG as you walk around might wear on the ears after a bit.

All doable, and things that have crossed my mind already. Definitely gonna get those things corrected. Always appreciate the input! Thank you for being honest.
Punkitt
notorious rpgmaker 2k3 shill
Oh Fear and Hunger looks like it RULES what a spooky atmosphere!!!

To contrast that, I have some screenshots from Saga Crew and the Spire of Mana, the 50 Days of Rep game I'm turning into a full hour-long adventure, hopefully.

Been experimenting with backgrounds in 2k3! I only have two layers to work with but I've got a lot of fun stuff done with it. :D

Punkitt, that looks downright fun.
The background is a bit dark for Rudy though. I'd recommend making him a few shades lighter.
Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.

If you can decipher this cryptogram without hints, I will love you forever.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=DungeonDevDude
Punkitt, that looks comfy af

One day, Punkitt becomes a renowned armchair designer.
@Punkitt
Very clever and versatile usage of the two frame layers for the battlebacks. I love the motions and the colors, well done! :D
author=Punkitt
Been experimenting with backgrounds in 2k3! I only have two layers to work with but I've got a lot of fun stuff done with it. :D

LOOKS SO GOOD!

How do you go about doing this? I can't figure it out but I really need the feature... lol