SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Punkitt
notorious rpgmaker 2k3 shill
@Gretgor DANG that looks like it'll be a doozy to solve in-game.

Also WOW thanks everyone!! I'm really happy with the looks! I'll be tweaking them a bit but I think they're pretty solid rn.

@goji It's surprisingly simple actually! Under the terrain section, you can select "Background" Under Battle Background Graphic, and then you can combine two frames to create a moving layer effect. I'm willing to make a tutorial on how I do some of my art in RPGMaker, since quite a few folks have been interested. :D

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Punkitt
I'm willing to make a tutorial on how I do some of my art in RPGMaker, since quite a few folks have been interested. :D

I don't even make games with battles but I'm still interested in this. Enlighten us with your knowledge penk sensei.
author=Punkitt
@Gretgor DANG that looks like it'll be a doozy to solve in-game.

Also WOW thanks everyone!! I'm really happy with the looks! I'll be tweaking them a bit but I think they're pretty solid rn.

@goji It's surprisingly simple actually! Under the terrain section, you can select "Background" Under Battle Background Graphic, and then you can combine two frames to create a moving layer effect. I'm willing to make a tutorial on how I do some of my art in RPGMaker, since quite a few folks have been interested. :D

Please do, I'm in need of stuff like this! Thanks!!
author=Punkitt
I'm willing to make a tutorial on how I do some of my art in RPGMaker, since quite a few folks have been interested. :D

I’m interested as well!
Quick update on some game progress.
Currently working on CMS.
A lot of things are just temporary place holders, such as the character busts, until I can get myself a pixel artist.
On a positive note, the item, data, and logbook sub menus are fully functional.
Finishing off the status sub menu atm, and then moving on to gear.
Hope to have something playable out soon.

@Giznads
Duude, this is soo sick man. Super smooth and thematic for the game, I love the menu man. Amazing work as always :)
No transition between outdoors and indoors.
Pretty happy with how it looks so far but still got to animate the door and add the second floor =p
author=Jpratt
Ellenor I want to play this.

Thank you! We are working to push out a demo by the end of the year for people to try.
@Punkitt:
I love how simple the basic geometry is- just big and small circles, but how effectively it's used to make a cool looking play area.

@Giznads:
That all looks great. How long have you been working on this? Seems like just yesterday we first saw signs of this project! Also, is the guy's name supposed to be Lincoln, like the US president, or just some made up name?

@ellenor:
I always like fading effects and a lack of sudden transitions, and yours looks really good!

working on a small jam project
author=Darken
working on a small jam project

Love the details here, from the shadow crossing the floor to the little hops in and out of the seat. It's clean.
@Giznads: I love the atmosphere of everything from the environment to all ui. It's really coherent.

@Darken: Looks really nice! The shadows are great!

Been working on the inventory and items the last few days:

Still loads left to do, but it's starting to come together.
Momeka, I am absolutely in love with that aesthetic. The color palette, spritework, tiles and menu design looks incredible. I commend you.
Punkitt
notorious rpgmaker 2k3 shill
DANG Momeka, that absolutely rules. Huge fan of the color palette here.
@Darken - the bounciness of the sprite is positively lovely, I'm already super charmed.

@Kaempfer - Gosh, thank you!! I actually pulled a lot of inspiration from Anodyne 2, so if you like that sort of look that game is right up your alley.

I got two things to show here! One is, well, not a screenshot necessarily but I figured it'd be cool to show anyways:

I made a little compilation of the WIP tunes I've been chipping away at! I'd love to have some ears on that.

Second, here's an area of Happup I recently completed:

Meow
Incoming, TOO many GIFs...
Finally completed the CMS for my project, Nihilo. It's completely demo ready!
This took some time, but now I can finally get everything finished up.
Currently tidying up all maps, events, and battles for a demo worth around 2 hours of gameplay.
For anyone interested, I'll keep you posted here until my page is ready for re-launch.

@Giznads
Holy shit dude, all of this is amazing man. I can tell just how much work has been going into this, it definitely shows! I can't wait for your demo to drop soon, ayyy mine is almost ready as well! :D
sick CMS, but I also wince in brain pain from the idea of doing UI like that in rm2k3 eventing.
Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.
author=Darken
sick CMS, but I also wince in brain pain from the idea of doing UI like that in rm2k3 eventing.

Speaking of complicated stuff on RM2K3, ever played Chimera Report? It's... wow. Lots and lots of work to make that semi-ABS work on it.

Its creator has since abandoned RM2K3, not sure what he's been doing nowadays.
Thanks koopa! I'm as excited for your project as well, trust me!

Thanks Darken! It's was... Hell, man... Really tedious work. But now the hard part is over. :D

Gregor, Chimera Report was a RAD ass little game. I remember playing two versions of it. I think I have it stored about somewhere on my hard drive! Makes me want to go back and play it.